Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Meat only diet

skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Meat only diet

Anybody ever tried a meat only diet. Like an eskimo diet.

What type of effect/results did you get.

Due to bad hair and acne issues I Came across a solution being a meat only diet. As no carbs means no excess insulin which should fix these problems.

In fact according to some of these articles the human body does not need carbs at all and they are completely unhealthy and damaging to the body. The cause of many modern day diseases.

I wonder if I could get a good physique eating 3000-4000 kcals beef, chicken, tuna, bacon etc each day???? (I mean no fruit, vege, grains, nuts, sauces, milk, juice etc..nothing but meat and spices).

(You'd think eating all that meat every day would be bad for bowels??? but form what I've read people have been following this type of diet for years with no problems??)

Well if anyone is interested in this topic here are a few of the links I was reading.

http://www.healthmad.com/Nutrition/H...stance.32349/1

http://livinlavidalocarb.blogspot.co...rous-diet.html

http://www.thebear.org/essays1.html#anchor496162

PS- Just a thought but anyone ever notice how it is only meat which is enjoyable. Example, you have spaghetti bolonagse, how nice would it be with only spaghetti no mince? Or a bacon roll vs a plain roll or tuna and baked potato v plain potato or curry and rice vs rice alone. Would you rather eat a barbecued piece of meat or a bit bread or rice or plain pasta etc....

Personally Plain carbs are not appealing in general whereas meat is always tasty, maybe this is sayig something. LOL. I dunno?
    Last edited by skinnydude; 07-19-2008 at 07:23 AM.

Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A meat only diet will make you cry every time you go #2

I can't spell, bite me DavidNel's Avatar
    DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DavidNel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Called keto. Look up in the forum.
    He who talks much does little.

Being tired is just a signal to try harder.

skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50) skinnydude will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DavidNel View Post
    Called keto. Look up in the forum.
    Nah that's different it includes some salad and fruit and yoghurt and eggs and peanut butter, dairy, cream and cutting calories etc..

I mean pure meat only. Nothing else.

But also most people use like Atkins/keto diets for cutting. I'm talking about bulking up or getting at least somewhat better/stronger looking physique.

I have tried low/no carb type diets before when cutting and made me ill and weak. But this would be plenty calories and only meat. Anyone try that before?
    Last edited by skinnydude; 07-19-2008 at 07:32 AM.

Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by skinnydude View Post
    Nah that's different it includes some salad and fruit and yoghurt and eggs and peanut butter, dairy, cream and cutting calories etc..

I mean pure meat only. Nothing else.

But also most people use like Atkins/keto diets for cutting. I'm talking about bulking up or getting at least somewhat better/stronger looking physique.
    Just to let you know you need both fat and carbs to gain quality muscle.
    With protein only, you will simply have no energy and also you will be very very cranky all the time.

Originally Posted by Own3r View Post
    Just to let you know you need both fat and carbs to gain quality muscle.
    With protein only, you will simply have no energy and also you will be very very cranky all the time.
    Personally that's what I thought. But the links I posted mention opposite and science behind it.

Well I'm gonna test for few weeks and see what happens just wondering if anyone out there has actually done this diet?

TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    eskimos eat walrus blubber mixed with fruit and **** too

Personally that's what I thought. But the links I posted mention opposite and science behind it.

Well I'm gonna test for few weeks and see what happens just wondering if anyone out there has actually done this diet?
    those articles are not written specifically for body building purposes though.

Originally Posted by TheNamesChuck View Post
    eskimos eat walrus blubber mixed with fruit and **** too
    Was that polar bear or penguin ****?

Dunno if can buy that at my local store.

IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000)

i didnt read the articles, but 1 website ends in .com, another is a blog. so you seem to have 1 credible source.

meat is good, but where would you get vitamins, minerals, non-saturated fats and fiber from?

also, carbs are damn good
    Dude your sig is so cool. - xl achilles lx

Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118731061

Originally Posted by IGF-WON View Post
    i didnt read the articles, but 1 website ends in .com, another is a blog. so you seem to have 1 credible source.

meat is good, but where would you get vitamins, minerals, non-saturated fats and fiber from?

also, carbs are damn good
    Why are carbs good? These articles are not of high rep to be fair but the cause of many diseases are due to insulin problems which is only due to carbs. Carbs are a modern addition to the human diet and uneatable in their natural state. What suggest that they are right for humans to eat? (Not having a dig just saying)

Many vitamins and mineral are in meat fat.

Is there no non-saturated fat in animal meat? (I plan to eat olive oil too though.)

Fiber- Also read that fiber is actually unhealthy for you. Many old tribes ate no fiber. Also, Apparenlty fiber is what can cause IBS and stuff like that etc. I have bowel problems and when I eat to much high fiber food eg. especially bran I am in pain for hours.

Another interesting link- http://www.biblelife.org/fiber.htm
    Last edited by skinnydude; 07-19-2008 at 07:58 AM.

sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im on pretty much a meat and eggs diet.. with some shakes from time to time.

nuts maybe every 3 days (like 250 cals worth)... oh and some brocolli every few days for fibre. but by far most my cals are from meat (like 60-70%).

working great so far.

oh thats for acut tho, definately wouldnt try it on a bulk :P need some carbs for bulk imo

Originally Posted by sejjie View Post
    im on pretty much a meat and eggs diet.. with some shakes from time to time.

nuts maybe every 3 days (like 250 cals worth)... oh and some brocolli every few days for fibre. but by far most my cals are from meat (like 60-70%).

working great so far.

oh thats for acut tho, definately wouldnt try it on a bulk :P need some carbs for bulk imo
    How do your energy levels and 'mind' feel. How about your wokrouts?

Yeah but I guess you are calorie restriction too if cutting? SO that could be very different than bulk amount calories?

Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    [QUOTE=skinnydude;194074301]Anybody ever tried a meat only diet. Like an eskimo diet.

These people didn't move in from the suburbs, they have been evolving there for 1000 years.

In fact according to some of these articles the human body does not need carbs at all and they are completely unhealthy and damaging to the body. The cause of many modern day diseases.

The first article is an opinion without any references. I couldn't open the second and the third contradicts itself when referring to man's beginning and how we were hunters and gatherers. Biology is to survive and when you don't have meat you go looking for something else to eat and stay alive.

I wonder if I could get a good physique eating 3000-4000 kcals beef, chicken, tuna, bacon etc each day???? (I mean no fruit, vege, grains, nuts, sauces, milk, juice etc..nothing but meat and spices).

Why do humans have teeth for grinding?

(You'd think eating all that meat every day would be bad for bowels??? but form what I've read people have been following this type of diet for years with no problems??)

Any of them sports figures? Any of them have demanding physical jobs?

Would you rather eat a barbecued piece of meat or a bit bread or rice or plain pasta etc....

Or you could find a happy median....

Personally Plain carbs are not appealing in general whereas meat is always tasty, maybe this is sayig something.

Raw meat is not tasty. Cooking the meat and adding spices makes it tasty. Do you think the Eskimos have bbqs? Most of what they eat is raw or salted and hung to dry or smoked. It's in the fixins, not the meat.

QUOTE]

Don't have anything but meat for the next 6 months and let us know how you are progressing.

oldfart

Anti-Conventional Wisdom boxcarguy07's Avatar
    boxcarguy07 is just really nice. (+1000) boxcarguy07 is just really nice. (+1000) boxcarguy07 is just really nice. (+1000) boxcarguy07 is just really nice. (+1000) boxcarguy07 is just really nice. (+1000) boxcarguy07 is just really nice. (+1000) boxcarguy07 is just really nice. (+1000) boxcarguy07 is just really nice. (+1000) boxcarguy07 is just really nice. (+1000) boxcarguy07 is just really nice. (+1000) boxcarguy07 is just really nice. (+1000)
    skinnydude, at another forum that I post on there are a number of people who eat meat and only meat, and they all report doing well on it.
    However, they eat the meat raw and most of the time it is grass-fed meat.
    They include organ meats for more vitamins/minerals and prefer fatty cuts of meat and eat suet to avoid rabbit starvation.

Originally Posted by boxcarguy07 View Post
    skinnydude, at another forum that I post on there are a number of people who eat meat and only meat, and they all report doing well on it.
    However, they eat the meat raw and most of the time it is grass-fed meat.
    They include organ meats for more vitamins/minerals and prefer fatty cuts of meat and eat suet to avoid rabbit starvation.
    Cool. I read 'raw' is the proper way to do it.

But I can't afford grass-fed high quality meat etc and find organ food sickly tasting. So, will most likely be cooking for now. Wonder if that's ineffective?
    Last edited by skinnydude; 07-19-2008 at 08:52 AM.

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Own3r View Post
    A meat only diet will make you cry every time you go #2
    That is a common myth. You're bowel movements will be fine on a meat only diet. Several of the keto forum members have tried it.

It's difficult to gain weight without carbs, I'll admit that.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Why are carbs good? These articles are not of high rep to be fair but the cause of many diseases are due to insulin problems which is only due to carbs. Carbs are a modern addition to the human diet and uneatable in their natural state. What suggest that they are right for humans to eat? (Not having a dig just saying)

Is there no non-saturated fat in animal meat? (I plan to eat olive oil too though.)

Fiber- Also read that fiber is actually unhealthy for you. Many old tribes ate no fiber. Also, Apparenlty fiber is what can cause IBS and stuff like that etc. I have bowel problems and when I eat to much high fiber food eg. especially bran I am in pain for hours.

meat isnt very edible in it's natural state either... just sayin

Originally Posted by Luan View Post
    meat isnt very edible in it's natural state either... just sayin
    Well nah, since our ancestors used to live on raw meat for thousands of years and many animals in the wild do. I would have to disagree.

Well I guess we have evolved some extent but 'naturally' we were designedly to eat raw animals.

Plus- sushi, raw beef, no probs. Some rice or wheat crops, not thanks.

Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Luan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    well animals in the wild eat all kinds of ****. i was saying livestock isn't exactly edible :P

Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well nah, since our ancestors used to live on raw meat for thousands of years and many animals in the wild do. I would have to disagree.

There are some rather large animals on this planet that do not eat meat at all.

Well I guess we have evolved some extent but 'naturally' we were designedly to eat raw animals.

Wouldn't you consider evolution a natural process? Obviously humans were designed with a nice size brain and somewhere along that evolutionary trail, fire and meat wound up together. Maybe it was a mistake?

Plus- sushi, raw beef, no probs. Some rice or wheat crops, not thanks.
    So are you actually going to experiment and give up all other foods?

qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) qdiddy69 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anybody ever tried a meat only diet. Like an eskimo diet.

What type of effect/results did you get.

Due to bad hair and acne issues I Came across a solution being a meat only diet. As no carbs means no excess insulin which should fix these problems.

Well if anyone is interested in this topic here are a few of the links I was reading.

PS- Just a thought but anyone ever notice how it is only meat which is enjoyable. Example, you have spaghetti bolonagse, how nice would it be with only spaghetti no mince? Or a bacon roll vs a plain roll or tuna and baked potato v plain potato or curry and rice vs rice alone. Would you rather eat a barbecued piece of meat or a bit bread or rice or plain pasta etc....

Personally Plain carbs are not appealing in general whereas meat is always tasty, maybe this is sayig something. LOL. I dunno?
    i would assume it would be very bad for bones, all that acidity, will drain calcuim str8 out of your skeleton, better to balance it with some veggies

Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500)

Originally Posted by Fifty+ View Post
    So are you actually going to experiment and give up all other foods?
    Yep. I'll let you know how it goes.

I will stick with my current sup as well though i.e. ZMA, vitmains, calcium etc..nothing special. Will stop all shakes and whey etc.

Gonna only eat:

Bacon
    Beef
    Mince
    Tuna
    Chicken
    Turkey
    Sausages? (Low carb)
    Olive oil
    Herbs and spices
    Water
    Lamb
    Pork
    Liver
    Tiger penis

Dunno whether to add in some vege like mushrooms, onions, carrots, broccoli, peppers etc.. and some fruit apples, orange?

Will see how 3-4+ weeks goes with no fruit and vege.

Gonna do short heavy weight sessions twice a week with aim to get bigger and stronger.

gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sounds very interesting. I suggest you visit your doctor first and get a complete blood panel first. Maybe you could post the results of that and say another one a year later so we can analyze your progress more objectively.

edit: the olive is not an animal

Originally Posted by gsolo View Post

edit: the olive is not an animal
    I noticed this. lol

But I read so much good things about it and my main aim is to cut out carbs and it is a rather 'natural' hopefully unprocessed food source. So, gonna take it.

SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Stupid, stupid, stupid. I hate low carb zealots.

gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) gsolo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    U gonna eat that Tiger Penis raw? Sounds dangerous...

Originally Posted by gsolo View Post
    U gonna eat that Tiger Penis raw? Sounds dangerous...
    No I will buy from my local Chinese supermarket and take via rectal administration.

Yep. I'll let you know how it goes.

I will stick with my current sup as well though i.e. ZMA, vitmains, calcium etc..nothing special. Will stop all shakes and whey etc.

Gonna only eat:

Olive oil
    Herbs and spices

????????????????????????

Dunno whether to add in some vege like mushrooms, onions, carrots, broccoli, peppers etc.. and some fruit apples, orange?

????????????????????????? Just meat.......

Will see how 3-4+ weeks goes with no fruit and vege.

Gonna do short heavy weight sessions twice a week with aim to get bigger and stronger.
    I do wish you luck. I sure love the holidays though.....It's the only time of the year I eat mashed potatoes with gravey....and the pumpkin pie...with whipped cream.....