Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50)

New protein powder makes my want to barf

I have always bought powders that had a few carbs in them just so they would taste decent until yesterday. I was out of powder and picked up some powder that has 50gr of protein and 0 grams of carbs and man does it taste like shart. I will not post the name as I don't want to blast any retailers and the stuff has good whey in it but it is hard to choke down. I guess I will drink this cannister as I am cheap but I will not buy the 0 carb stuff again.

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RedMaster View Post
    I have always bought powders that had a few carbs in them just so they would taste decent until yesterday. I was out of powder and picked up some powder that has 50gr of protein and 0 grams of carbs and man does it taste like shart. I will not post the name as I don't want to blast any retailers and the stuff has good whey in it but it is hard to choke down. I guess I will drink this cannister as I am cheap but I will not buy the 0 carb stuff again.
    mention the name and the flavor so we don't make the same mistake. Nothing wrong with stating an honest opinion on a product in my opinion.

1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The first time I bought protein powder I got some super cheap stuff and it almost made me sick, could not even drink it.For a long time I did not use protein powders b/c I thought thats how they were.

RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by rpaul11 View Post
    mention the name and the flavor so we don't make the same mistake. Nothing wrong with stating an honest opinion on a product in my opinion.
    I have seen the product sold on this site so I am not sure they would smile upon me posting the name. I must add that this stuff does not mix well with water either as I have to sit and stir it for what seems like eternity just to have huge chunks remaining at the bottom. I drink 5 protein shakes a day so hopefuly this stuff will go fast.

Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have seen the product sold on this site so I am not sure they would smile upon me posting the name. I must add that this stuff does not mix well with water either as I have to sit and stir it for what seems like eternity just to have huge chunks remaining at the bottom. I drink 5 protein shakes a day so hopefuly this stuff will go fast.
    Are you a professional body builder? I always am amazed that people get so obsessed with protein shakes that they have as many as five in a day. What's wrong with eating solid, healthy food with nutrients, vitamins, fiber and texture and taste?

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jim_Gym View Post
    Are you a professional body builder? I always am amazed that people get so obsessed with protein shakes that they have as many as five in a day. What's wrong with eating solid, healthy food with nutrients, vitamins, fiber and texture and taste?
    Could be the Velocity Diet. I don't know that, but it's the same type of protocol.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I had some pretty nasty tasting protein powders. But one of the cheapest -- Champion Whey -- actually tastes pretty good. One of the most expensive -- Isopure -- tastes like vomit. Yuck!

I am taking Beverly Ultimate Muscle Protein now -- 3 grams of impact carbs per scoop and it tastes good even in water.
    ~ Penney

Diet * (weights + cardio) = success

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139344213&p=774586483#post774586483

We must be the change we wish to see in the world
    -Ghandi

Originally Posted by Jim_Gym View Post

I am not a pro. I am a husband and a father who has a life outside of bodybuilding. I have commitments that prevent me from preparing meals for consumption during the course of the day and so I compensate with shakes. I also eat Tuna out of the can and my meals, I only eat 4 per day, are all high in protein. I detest preparing food and if I did have the time I still would not pre prepare my meals. I am not on a weight loss diet as I am as lean as I want to be right now and this diet works exceedingly well for me.

1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am not a pro. I am a husband and a father who has a life outside of bodybuilding. I have commitments that prevent me from preparing meals for consumption during the course of the day and so I compensate with shakes. I also eat Tuna out of the can and my meals, I only eat 4 per day, are all high in protein. I detest preparing food and if I did have the time I still would not pre prepare my meals. I am not on a weight loss diet as I am as lean as I want to be right now and this diet works exceedingly well for me.
    I bet alot of bodybuilders have a life out side of bodybuilding and are husbands and fathers. Just saying.

Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I take my protein with soymilk and a banana in a blender.
    That covers the taste of any powder.
    <:3 )~~~

Originally Posted by 1972girl View Post
    I bet alot of bodybuilders have a life out side of bodybuilding and are husbands and fathers. Just saying.

What are you saying??? I did not ask for input on my diet and am actually quite happy with it. I do not care to have un-solicited advice tossed my way and that is why I posted my reply. I would venture to guess that I am much bigger and stronger than the person that posted it and yet he is throwing crap out at me about my diet. HA HA HA.

psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just name the stuff...

just because you dont like the taste doesnt mean you are bashing the product into eternity...

If I dont like something, Im gonna let people know my side of a certain product and then let them decide if they want to give it a shot.
    BRB, going hunting...

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great, another 'net warrior.

Way to go.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Originally Posted by IronIc View Post
    I had some pretty nasty tasting protein powders. But one of the cheapest -- Champion Whey -- actually tastes pretty good. One of the most expensive -- Isopure -- tastes like vomit. Yuck!

I am taking Beverly Ultimate Muscle Protein now -- 3 grams of impact carbs per scoop and it tastes good even in water.
    Let me just say that one of the powders you named is the disgusting one that I have now. You have all of my respect if you were able to make yourself drink that entire jug of swill.

psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychowolverine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What are you saying??? I did not ask for input on my diet and am actually quite happy with it. I do not care to have un-solicited advice tossed my way and that is why I posted my reply. I would venture to guess that I am much bigger and stronger than the person that posted it and yet he is throwing crap out at me about my diet. HA HA HA.
    you should chill out a bit before getting pissed about something so minute on an internet forum
    BRB, going hunting...

Originally Posted by psychowolverine View Post
    just name the stuff...

just because you dont like the taste doesnt mean you are bashing the product into eternity...

If I dont like something, Im gonna let people know my side of a certain product and then let them decide if they want to give it a shot.

You are right. Isopure.

Registered User greenamphibious's Avatar
    greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If it is champion whey we all know it tastes like a turd.... big deal. BB.com sell muscletech... so what?

Bev international tastes great!!!

You are right. Isopure.
    nothing new there....
    Last edited by greenamphibious; 07-18-2008 at 10:02 AM.
    Always room for improvement!

Originally Posted by psychowolverine View Post
    you should chill out a bit before getting pissed about something so minute on an internet forum

Sorry if I was an a-hole. It just astounds me when people throw stuff out there that has not been requested. Now if I had posted a question about my diet and said I needed some advice it would be a different story. Instead I posted something about a protein pwder I did not care for and my diet gets blasted. I make it a point not to say anything negative about anyone on these boards or in my life in general unless they say something negative to me. I have seen many silly things posted on here that I know to be false or un-healthy but I do not say anything unless the poster has asked for input.

I only said that b/c it sounded like you were try to say that b/c your not a pro bodybuilder you have a real life. I found it to be rude. It was not advice but if I was going to give you some it would be chill out its just the internet.

greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It just astounds me when people throw stuff out there that has not been requested.
    ya... sorta like people coming online going man I had this protein and I want to barf (and not say wtf kind it is)

Originally Posted by greenamphibious View Post
    ya... sorta like people coming online going man I had this protein and I want to barf (and not say wtf kind it is)
    I feel like I am at the Spanish Inquisition. What are you talking about? I did not make any negative comments about another poster on here with my topic. I also posted the name of the powder just above here. I apologize if protein powder offends you as it certainly was not my intention to do so when listing this topic.

[Cliff on]

RM: Protein yuck I barf

BB.com: What kind

RM: No say

BB.com: U bodybuild?

RM: No I am real person with kids

BB.com: BBers fake? wtf?

RM: I love this unsolicited ****...

greenamphibious: stop being a whiney ass

RM: I am so confused...

Greenamphibious: *smacks forehead*

[/Cliff off]

oh wait you wanted spanish.......

Originally Posted by greenamphibious View Post
    [Cliff on]

RM: Protein yuck I barf

BB.com: What kind

RM: No say

BB.com: U bodybuild?

RM: No I am real person with kids

BB.com: BBers fake? wtf?

RM: I love this unsolicited ****...

greenamphibious: stop being a whiney ass

RM: I am so confused...

Greenamphibious: *smacks forehead*

[/Cliff off]
    Let it go chief. Besides taking everything totally out of context, do you work for the N.Y. Times, I have no idea what your point is. I was upset that one poster criticized my diet when i did not ask for it. My post regarding unsolicited comments was tied to people criticizing others, if you would have taken the time to post the entire thing. As I was told in an earlier post by someone obviously brighter than me this is just the internet and I need to let it go.

domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50) domineaux will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ultimate Nutrition's... OnWhey

They have some great new flavors and the old ones were OK.

Cookies & Cream, Rocky Road CHocolate... etc.

I quit mixing all the fruit and other stuff into my Protein shakes long ago.

2 scoops of OnWhey - 1/2 to 1 cup of water and scoff it down. On hot days I sometimes use the blender to grind ice into the mix.

I don't take the time with proteirn shakes, but I do cook up some excellent tasting grub for my meals.
    HST is my choice of training
    http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/index.html

Originally Posted by domineaux View Post
    Ultimate Nutrition's... OnWhey

They have some great new flavors and the old ones were OK.

Cookies & Cream, Rocky Road CHocolate... etc.

I quit mixing all the fruit and other stuff into my Protein shakes long ago.

2 scoops of OnWhey - 1/2 to 1 cup of water and scoff it down. On hot days I sometimes use the blender to grind ice into the mix.

I don't take the time with proteirn shakes, but I do cook up some excellent tasting grub for my meals.
    I am just warm water and protein powder as well. I have to admit that some of the powders taste pretty good with water but not the stuff I have now. I am at work so I don't have a blender and I am forced to go with water and powder alone.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just hope it's not as bad as a certain brand of creatine I used that'll make you puke your guts out. It's horrible, and I hope nobody here has to endure it, and I'd advise anyone against every buying it. Or for that matter, don't buy anything from this company. I think it's been pulled off the shelves, and I believe the company is being sued. The ingredients aren't what they say and could make somebody violently sick.

Again, I hope not.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000) Guff is just really nice. (+1000)
    Heh...funny thread FTW.

Back to Isopure tasting like chit.

Thanks for the heads up, I like my protein shake to taste like it came from Dairy Queen. I'm silly like that.
    Last edited by Guff; 07-18-2008 at 10:41 AM.
    Obsession is a word used by the weak to describe the dedicated

I would like to know if anyone has ever finished off a jug of Isopure. If you have finished one off please let us know as I take my hat off to you. I just drank another shake a few moments ago and I am wondering if I really have the fortitude to finish this container off.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Guff View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, I like my protein shake to taste like it came from Dairy Queen. I'm silly like that.
    Well, with enough hershey's syrup, a dog turd could taste like a DQ shake....

lol

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.