Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Eat Like A Caveman !!!!

Ok, here goes nothing. First and foremost the false belief that a high fat and protein diet is harsh on the human kidneys is based on one study done many years ago that showed that a high protein diet was harsh on the kidneys. Unfortunately there was one little flaw in the study.... The subjects studied ALREADY HAD PRE-EXISTING KINDEY DISEASE! It has been proven time and time again through numerous studies that a high protein and fat (ketogenic) diet has no negative effects on the kidneys in healthy individuals. Especially athletes (bodybuilders) who need more protein for their particular endeavour. Now there is also a misconception when you they "no carb diet" Broccoli is a carb, so is cake, now is broccoli bad for you body? It is virtually impossible to eat completely carb free.

What I'm preaching is the types of carbs. Now any type of green leafy vegetables are fine. As are some fruits. Ask yourself which is better for you a banana or an apple. They both seem healthy and they are. But, the apple is a much better choice because it has a very high water and fiber content which would cause little or no effect in causing an insulin spike which is what leads to body fat over time (constant insulin spikes) from all the sugar/carbs we eat. The banana on the other hand would cause a similar reaction as a baked potato or piece of bread.

When the carbs you eat are fibrous and contain larger amounts of water they do not have a negative effect on the ketone burning effect. Now, very simply put when you remove all carbs/sugars from your diet for a period of about 5-7 days all of the stored up glycogen/glucose/sugar that your body has stored up in the liver and muscle tissues will be used up. Then your body which is constantly in need of energy says "Hmm no more carbs what do I use for energy? " Well your body being the amazing, efficient machine it is decides "Well he's feeding me a lot of fat so I'll start using fat for fuel." This is due to the over abundance of fat floating around in the body. It's free fuel and the body Knows it and takes advantage of it.

Now fat is a very smooth and evenly burning fuel but it also burns very quickly (like when you drip grease on a fire). So when the food you ingest cannot cover the energy needs of your body do you think it just stops until you feed it more. Nope it says "well I'm in fat burning mode so I need some more fat to burn" Well guess where it comes from. Your bodyfat reserves. Thats right Ketosis is the breaking down of bodyfat by the body to be circulated in the blood as Ketones which is what it is using for fuel. This can be done to gain mass by adding more calories daily just like any other diet.

Or for maintenance or for weight loss. Just eat like ORIGINAL MAN that is how we are wired at a DNA level. Hunt and gather not sit on your butt and farm. Answer me this? Find me anyone who knows squat about nutrition that can tell you that the following foods are bad. Lean Beef, Tuna, Chicken, Fish, Nuts, Cottage Cheese. Or perhaps these Olive oil, Flax oil, Avacados, Fish oil. Or Green leafy vegetables, cucumbers, celery, brocoli, cauliflower, apples, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, grapes. Now why would anyone recommend these. Cake, cokes, candy, rice , corn, bread, potatos, pasta, .

Now I know some of these may not seem bad a first but once in the body they all end up being converted into the same thing sugar,glucose, glycogen. They all require high amounts of insulin to process. They are high in calories and all of these leftover sugar calories once not needed for energy are guess what? STORED AS BODYFAT! Also sugar is a very streaky souce of energy unlike the sustained energy you get from fat. Why is America the fattest country in the world? Because we love our carbs. Oh and why have we gotten fatter since the low-fat craze hit the supermarkets 20 yrs ago? What do you think they replaced the fat with? CARBS! Once again look a indiginous people of the world (what few are left) they are lean, and live without cancer, diabetes, heart disease, etc. and if they do not get killed by malaria, smallpox, or a wild animal they live long healthy lives. They hunt meat and gather nuts, some fruits, and berries.

Also, until the white man put them on the reservations American Indians lived primarily on Buffalo meat and nothing else. They were also lean and disease free till us settlers came along. EAT LIKE A CAVEMAN and you will be lean, muscular, strong, and healthy. It is a lifestyle not a diet. Oh and on a final note you get all of the necessary vitamins, minerals, photochemical and fiber your body wiil ever need from the fruits and vegetables I mentioned above so don't fall into the belief that a ketonogenic diet will leave you deficient of certain nutrients it won't.

Another thing people don't do in regards to this type of diet. I too made the same mistake. They don't give it long enough to work its magic. I have been doing it for over 2 years now and it honestly took about 8 months to kick in. Sure I lost a lot of weight in the first few months but at around the 8th month not only had I lost a lot of body fat my body started to re-composition itself. I looked lean and hard and big. I gained over an inch on my arms while my waist was shrinking. I got stronger than I had ever been. Set new PR's on the big three.

And I had so much energy I felt like I was on speed. This is why I say it is not a diet it is a lifestyle. It takes quite awhile to exert it's amazing effects. I won't lie it was tough going for about 6 months but now I never crave carbs. Remember, the reason it takes awhile is that you are switching from the sugar burning metabolism you have lived on for all of the years of your life and now turning your body into a fat burning metabolism. That takes awhile for the body to reverse and become acclimated to. Like switching a gas pick-up into a diesel pick-up it's a pretty big switch to make so be a patient mechanic.

There were a few other factors. I completely quite every bad habit that I had. No more alcohol, tobacco, or prescription drugs. I became a complete health nut. Now the Ketonoginic diet is almost exclusively used by most people for weight loss purposes only. But, it is actually a highly ANABOLIC diet when you eat a surplus of calories over your daily maintenance level. Just as someone eating carbs would. Think about it meat has amazing anabolic properties. High end steak especially. 8 months is the magic point for transformation to occur. Other than weight/fat loss I was weaker, flatter, smaller, and not too motivated to go to the gym (no energy) but then around the sixth month I woke up one morning and felt like a new man. Full of energy, strong feeling, muscles started to look harder, and more normal (fuller). Gradually I began to experiment adding in a few more foods like certain fruits and occasionally a small amount of naturally oatmeal.

Well I still ate mostly carb free. When I did add in these things it was only at breakfast. Well a funny thing happened. I stayed very lean BUT! I started gaining weight and getting bigger. Not much but enough to be noticeable. Sure enough my measurements proved me right. My waist was staying the same but my chest went up an inch, my thighs 2 inches, and my arms an inch. This diet takes time to exert it's effect. Your body is overcoming years of eating and burning sugar/carbs for fuel. Oh, I am also full of energy now and am much stronger on all my lifts. Let me give you the diet that I eat almost every day. It changes a little but mostly it's the same.

Breakfast shake- 16 oz water, 3 raw eggs, 1 scoop whey, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1tbsp olive oil, 1 cup of frozen blueberries.

Snack- 16 oz water 40 grams of whey. Also 1/2 cup of natural almonds or walnuts

Lunch- 1 large bag of Albacore Tuna in water, 25 grams of whey in water, and 2 tbps natural peanut butter.

Snack- 16 oz water 40 grams of whey 2 tbsp of olive oil, and an apple.

before work out
    drink a shake of 2 scoops of whey isolate in water and 2 tbsp of natural peanut butter.

Post workout- 16 oz water 50 grams of Hydrolized whey Isolate and about 6 Large fresh straberries. Also a vitamin E , C , Zinc , Magnesium, and Calcium.

Dinner- 12 oz Ribeye steak, and a HUGE salad. As much as you can eat. Spinach leafs, romaine lettuce, a large cucumber, brocoli, cauliflower, celery, walnuts sprinkled on top (about 1/4 cup) NO DRESSING! Maybe a tad of olive oil. Usually just raw though.

Bedtime - 16 oz water 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 3 raw eggs, and 25 grams of whey, also 2 tsp of pysillium fiber.

I also take a multi-vitamin in the morning, and 3 fish oils with each feeding.
    Occasionally in the morning shake (I mean once every 2 weeks) I will also add in 1/2 cup of raw oats.

Now is this a completely no carb diet. No but look at the carbs I do eat mostly raw veggies and some fruit. Also remember I went 6 months on a stricter version of this with no fruit or any other carbs before starting this which is what I consider my MASS diet. I have never been this lean, big, or strong in all my 20 years of training( I tried carb bulk ups and everything). I am also full of energy. Remember though I am now going on 2 years of this. I am not huge by any stretch of the imagination but I do at least look like a bodybuilder now.

I am 6' tall I weigh 215 lbs I have a 31" waist, a 50" chest, 26" legs (I know they are my weak point) and 18" arms. When I started this lifestyle change I weighed 235 with a 48-49" chest, 24" legs, and 17" arms. Oh and a 38" waist. Trust me it didn't happen overnight. Like I said most people don't give this diet enough time. Other than weight/fat loss I got nothing real good from it for 6 months. Then it took another 2 months before it got Really Good.

Now, I'm hooked for life baby. I just began my summer lean down and removed all the fruit and lowered my calories a bit and I have already gotten leaner in 2 weeks easier than I ever have before. Funny thing is I haven't lost in size or strength and it's been 18 days already. I now have veins showing on my abs at 205 lbs DRUG FREE! For me thats something thats never happened before no matter how hard I dieted or worked out.
    Last edited by warrioe-sage; 07-17-2008 at 06:32 AM.
    "train hard , leave the gym , live your life" (Steve Reeves)

"Start out easy & don't compete against anyone but yourself."--Steve Reeves
    "...work up to the number of repetitions that you feel necessary to do the trick. Don't hold yourself down to any hidebound number of repetitions."--George F. Jowett
    "You can?t out-train a lousy diet."--?
    "Eat better, train harder, be tougher, think surer & rest morer."--Dave Draper
    "If there ever was a secret to all of this, it is effort."--Boyer Coe

biggsey93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) biggsey93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) biggsey93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) biggsey93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) biggsey93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) biggsey93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) biggsey93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) biggsey93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) biggsey93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) biggsey93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) biggsey93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you need to indent ur paragraphs more

IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cavemen had whey, cottage cheese, canned tuna, fish oil pills?

Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000) Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000) Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000) Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000) Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000) Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000) Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000) Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000) Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000) Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000) Baboun is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by IMAPACKERFAN View Post
    That's exactly what I was about to say, lol :P

Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    good read

allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50) allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50) allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50) allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50) allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50) allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50) allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50) allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50) allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50) allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50) allLiving will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good stuff
    "These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess."

ҜөЪє Бяұалτ

Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I love it when someone tells me to eat like a group that didn't live that long.

warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warrioe-sage has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by IMAPACKERFAN View Post
    they are same nutrients as what early man consumed
    my plan is designed on a caveman like template or foundation

Caveman got all their required nutrient's by hunting and foraging. but we have the luxury to go to a supermarket to get a similar thing.

but the whole idea is to keep every thing to real foods as much as possible

In the last 15 years I have gulped down every possible supplement that you could imagine. At the same time I have spent literally thousands of dollars for literally nothing. So please take heed and save your money. About six months ago I cut my supplements down to whey protein isolate, a good multivitamin, an extra vitamin c and e daily, top quality fish oil caps, and lots of high quality food. Not only have I not lost anything strength or size wise. But, I have actually made a lot of improvements.

Other than post workout you need to get the large majority of you calories from real food. Take one of those new bags of tuna with you no can opener required. Add in a apple and theres a meal replacement 100% better than anything you can buy in a powder. Protein powder does have it's place though. When your in a crunch for time a couple of scoops of whey and a couple of tbsp of natural peanut butter is quick and easy and pretty high on quality calories. Or before or after you work out.

Get creative you can think of tons of stuff thats easy to take wherever you go. And other than some basic high quality whey isolate save your money on the other stuff and buy real food.

"...work up to the number of repetitions that you feel necessary to do the trick. Don't hold yourself down to any hidebound number of repetitions."--George F. Jowett

AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000)
    How many grams of protein are you taking in a day!?
    BTK - Work. Hustle. Kill.

5/3/1 Winter Bulk - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137721563

PB's
    Bench: 240x5
    Squat: 285x3
    Deadlift: 405x2

Originally Posted by Chuck_Melrose View Post
    the Masai in Africa. Lean, muscular, no cancer, diabetes, heart disease, or high blood pressure.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maasai

The Hunza, lived long, healthy and fit, What do they do?
    http://www.biblelife.org/hunza.htm

I just had bloodwork done for a life insurance policy and everything blood pressure, cholesterol, and all the other stuff they do blood work for came up either normal or low.

Doc said I had some of the healthiest blood he's seen. From what I've read and studied cholesterol is largely determined by heredity. You can make it bad or worse by ingesting high amounts of bad fats but, usually only when you are eating those fats with carbs.

Heres an example. A supposedly "good" or let's say typical breakfast would be along the lines of a bowl of oatmeal, a glass of orange juice, some scrambled eggs, a couple of slices of toast with butter, a glass of milk, and maybe a cup of coffee. Looks good right? Plenty of carbs, some good protein and some fat. Well now let's examine what the body does with this.

First the toast, oatmeal, and orange juice (carbs) are broken down by a surge of insulin (bad) then they are stored in the liver as glucose for future energy needs, also some is stored in the muscle tissue as glycogen also for energy.

Now the protein from the eggs, and milk is broken down into amino acids for tissue repairs and growth throughout the body. Sounds good right? Well not so fast my friend.

What about the fat. It wasn't much you say. Or was it. Butter is fat, milk unless skim has fat, eggs unless only the whites have fat, even the oatmeal has fat in it, and most bread even has a little in it.

So since the body has already stored up the carbs for it's energy needs. And the protein was used for growth and repair. What to do with the fat? Hmmm oh goody the body thinks. Extra for later. So the body which is always fearful of future starvation or food deprivation. Which was likely when original man was formed. Is programmed to store this fat on a DNA level.

So all this "extra" that came from the food you just ingested is stored as bodyfat. But not all of it. Some of it circulates in the blood. Over time (years) that is this is the cause of High Cholesterol, hardened arteries, and plaque on the arterial walls.

Hmmm Americans eat more carbs than any other nation and guess what our #1 killer is. HEART DISEASE! That's not to mention the diabetes, and cancer that also comes with this type of eating habit. Now, Try the alternative. 3 or 4 eggs, a couple of tbsp of natural peanut butter, some onions and peppers and musrooms scrambled in your eggs, and some cheese sprinkled on top.

And you could even through in an apple or maybe 6-8 large strawberries. Now if you have been eating and living a low carb diet your body should be in a constant state of ketosis (fat burning not sugar burning) metabolism.

So, all that fat you just ate from the eggs, and the peanut butter, and also the cheese never gets circulated or stored. You know why? Because it is needed immediately for fuel.

Now this fat also protects the protein that you just ate as well as preventing any muscle breakdown for energy because fat is a lot more calorically dense. 9 calories per gram compared to only 4 calories per gram you get from protein and carbs. Hence it is a better, more sustained, evenly burning fuel source. And the great thing is that when it does finally get used up the body goes looking for another source which comes from your bodyfat stores.

This protein/muscle sparing effect is an awesome thing because in ketosis the body breaks down bodyfat and not muscle to cover any over expenditure of energy (like cardio or weight training).

Then all thats left from the second example is the protein from the eggs, cheese, and peanut butter. The minuscule amount of carbs from the peanut butter and apple do not require very much if any insulin to process.

This is due to the fact that an apple is about 70% water and high in fiber so the small amount of fructose is almost negligible. Same with strawberries, or blueberries. But you still get the vitamins , phytochemicals and all the other great healthy things that come with an apple.

So you see the notion that all that fat you eat on a low/no carb diet is going to raise your cholesterol or give you a heart attack is absolutely FALSE. Actually it's the exact opposite.

This diet is HEART HEALTHY! And over time can actually reduce plaque buildup in the arteries and lower your bad cholesterol because these fats will also be used up for energy when needed. Hope my novel here answers your question or quells any fears you have about a no/low carb diet/lifestyle being unhealthy.

Oh, and one last thing. The male body needs both fat and cholesterol to produce sex hormones (testosterone) yeah you know the stuff that grows big hair covered muscles. So the "healthy" high carb low fat diet actually has a negative effect on the very hormones that make you a big lean muscular machine.

Also having low test levels means you store more fat like women do ( they have low test levels as well) and we also have estrogen. So low test levels combined with a little estrogen makes a fella get fatter. Man kill meat, man eat meat, man get big. Think about it.

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Logical fallacy there. All humans throughout our evolutionary history had exactly the same genetic lifespan we have. With proper medical care, elimination of daily dangers, a caveman could live to be 80 years old.

It's the average lifespan people get confused with. Infant mortality was extremely high, and so were deaths from accidents, diseases and infections. So of course, the average lifespan of a "caveman" was about 30-40 years. Bu there is no genetic reason they couldn't (and often didn't) live to be 70-80 years old.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

How many grams of protein are you taking in a day!?

One thing that needs to be understood when it comes to the whole subject on how much protein one can process is diet type. If one lives a strict no/low carb lifestyle such as I do you must replace all of the carbs and starch/sugar with healthy fats and a higher level of protein in order to maintain or gain muscle. I am 6' tall 218 lbs and currently am at 8% bodyfat at 36 yrs old. I also am able to maintain a 32" waist and an 18 1/4" arm. I currently ingest over 450 grams per day of protein I also take in 100-150 grams of healthy fat per day. I do not count carbs due to the fact that they come from fibrous vegetables and maybe 1 apple per day or perhaps some blueberries or strawberries in my morning shake. Now if you are one who chooses to eat carbs as is the norm there is no way you could ingest this much protein or fat without getting FAT!!! So I believe diet type to be the single most important factor in determining how much protein you should ingest or are able to process.

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I try to eat like a caveman too

Originally Posted by warrioe-sage View Post
    they are same nutrients as what early man consumed
    my plan is designed on a caveman like template or foundation

Caveman got all their required nutrient's by hunting and foraging. but we have the luxury to go to a supermarket to get a similar thing.

but the whole idea is to keep every thing to real foods as much as possible.
    I don't think there is any reason to maintain the belief that "cavemen" didn't harvest the udders and milk from animals they killed. It's documented that the Plains Indians of North America, the consummate hunter-gather group, did just that. They wasted nothing. And it's not much of a stretch for early peoples to store the milk in the natural sack called a stomach, in which the milk would become cheese.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have to say this caveman stuff is starting to get on my nerves....there's a reason we've advanced in technology....because we make advancements!

This IS the healthiest way of eating, but not because "cavemen" did it -- if they could have, they would have eaten ho-ho's and ice cream like every other fat person, because it was available.

Cavemen were fortunate in the fact that these kinds of foods didn't exist....but guess what? Neither did Penicilen.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeah its a good diet... take out the hybridized fruit and grains and legumes and all that other stuff u can't eat raw and you'll be fine... not saying to eat it raw but... you get the point... eat real food u can find in nature... Was just out camping/hiking this week in the woods of wisconsin... No fruit to be found..no grains, no legumses.... definitely animals a plenty though and leafy greans... very occasional things of berries but thats about it... like bears, fattening up for the winter...
    @__@

sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sejjie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeh, and that had nothing to do with natural dangers, lack of shelter, lack of food sources and a level of medical knowledge which meant that you would probably die from a single infected cut.

This post is basically advocating keto and keto bulks I guess? Good...because im planning to keto bulk in about a months time.

I am a doctor or wish to override the orders of a doctor. Now I will state that I do have a problem with what the typical doctor recommends in the way of diet. Low fat, low cholesterol, etc. My problem is that after speaking at length with my own physician who is also a friend he let me in on a few secrets. Now, this guy is about 45 yrs old and has been out of med school for almost 20 years or so. So think about what he was taught in the one semester of nutrition class 20 years ago. You think maybe things have changed a little since then? Do they still do knee surgery the same as 20 years ago. Nope 20 yrs ago a bad acl tear would put an end to most athletes careers. Now they're back on the field in 12-18 months. He told me that he and most of his peers were too busy studying the "Real" stuff like anatomy to worry about some nutrition class. He also told me that an hour with me taught him more and made the more since than anything he learned in that class. I read something one time that made more since to me about doctors than anything I have ever heard. Modern day doctors are taught to cure disease rather than to prevent it and sadly it should be the other way around. Think about it if the doctors told you how to stay well and healthy they would have to go out of business! And do you think perhaps all the big rx companies maybe take care of them for pushin' all their new pills? What is the first thing the doctor usually does for you? And what do most people want their doctor to do for them? Pull out the rx pad and give me the magic feel good pills.

Look use common since I'm not Atkins here saying to eat bacon, butter, lunchmeat, sausage, pepperoni, cheese, etc. and throw in some salad once in awhile. Although I still think thats better than the alternative. What I'm preaching is a NEWER updated heart and bodyfat healthy approach. I will list the foods I recommend and I ask ANYONE! even a doctor to point out which ones will kill you and how you aren't provided every vitamin, mineral, and phytochemical needed by the human body with these recommended foods.

Here goes my list of acceptable foods. Tuna in water, any type of fish (excluding shellfish, and catfish), Lean cuts of beef, Chicken, Lamb, Bison, Elk, Venison, Hard Cheeses, Almonds, Macadamia Nuts, Walnuts, Natural Peanut Butter, Butter, Cottage Cheese, Plain Yogurt, Eggs, No Pork!, Brocoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, pickles, lettuces, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, apples, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, green beans, onions, whey protein, Olive oil, ground flax seeds, Fish oil. Now where's all the big bad unhealthy stuff? Every piece of literature that I can find. Every study that I have seen supports this as the most Heart Healthy diet that human beings can eat. It has been proven over and over again. Now convince me why we should be eating grains, and corn, rice, pasta, potatos, and all of the other sugary, starchy, fat causing junk that the supposed experts and their High carb, low fat diet recommend? Has this approach made us leaner and healthier? Uhhh no!

But, why are people living longer you ask? Simple better drugs and surgeons patching them up and sending them home to live a few more years. But, what is their quality of life pumped full of drugs and sometimes needing oxygen or whatever else doctors use to keep them alive. Remember though, I AM NOT A DOCTOR! This is for imformational/educational purposes only.

Your lipids, cholestoral, etc. will all be great as long as you don't include alot of carbs. your body will burn up all that fat in a jiff in the absense of carbs. And the good news is you can eat about as much of those foods as you like without much fat gain (again in the absense of carbs) But you will smell like the inside of a fish ass so be prepared. Also I am currently using what I consider to not only be the best priced whey but it is also of very high quality and I am very impressed with it after a month of using it. Go to *********.com and Kaizen Nutrition 100% whey is only $28.95 for 5 lbs 70 servings 23 grams of protein per serving. At 2 servings a day that will last you 35 days.

cholestorol is more heriditary than dietary. Yes you can worsen your levels through years of bad nutrition habits, mainly by including all of these saturated fats with carbs. As we now know the carbs would go to energy production and the fats to bodyfat storage as well as circulating in your blood raising cholesterol and other blood lipids as well as causing plaque on the arterial walls. But unless you have a family history of high cholesterol you would have to practice some pretty lousy eating habits for years to cause any real negatives. I honestly believe that one can eat a very large number of eggs every day with no negative effects, as long as they aren't pounding the carbs. Look back at all the oldtimers who followed Rheo Blairs diet. Low carb, Heavy cream, lots of meat, and lots of eggs. Most of them are still alive and well. I myself eat this way and have been doing so for a couple of years now. Just had my blood done not too long ago and all my levels were not only great, but low. My blood pressure was 116/69. I usually eat at least 6 eggs every day, raw in my shakes. and gallons of milk, But, But, But, I DO NOT EAT CARBS! I would never do this or recommend this to anyone who eats carbs this could be bad and lead to health issues in the long term.

Another interesting thing I remeber reading is how the benefits of lower carbs and the inclusion of higher amounts of healthy fats was responsible for what has been dubbed the healthiest country in the world. Crete. They have little or no incidence of heart disease, diabetes, cancer, etc. Whats their secret apparently olive oil. They are said to even drink a small glass in the morning before heading off to work for energy. They also are not big eaters of the so called "Bad" carbs. But, even with all this being said. The funny thing I remember was that if an American doctor were to do a physical and apply American health standards on these perfectly healthy people, they would be appalled by their insanely high and "unhealthy" cholesterol levels. But at the same time us "healthy" Americans and our "healthy" standards are dying daily by the thousands from our #1 killer, HEART DISEASE. So how smart are we after all. Or are we just too arrogant to admit when we are wrong and that someone else might know a little more than we do?

but be sure to take in a moderate amount of good fat and try to eat as clean protein sources as possible, plenty of vegetables. Oh and a vitamin supplement is a good idea.

it is easy to follow, you just don't eat carbs and get in clean protein. Once you get used to this it is easy to stick to, even if you go out to a restaurant you just order a steak or grilled fish. Other diets often get too technical and are difficult to stick to if you have a busy lifestyle like most of us do.

I also decided to go more with instinct, when I found my training was affected I changed it, I decided that the diet would be the priority, and I would adapt my training accordingly. Don't get caught up in mentally having to lift a ton of weights, I had been training that way for years but I can assure you I look way better-a little smaller but lean-than big but puffy.

The dietary and medical establishment have fallen hook, line and sinker for the "carbs are good, fat is bad" idea.

check these links;
    http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/

http://www.paleodiet.com/

http://www.thepaleodiet.com/

http://weightoftheevidence.blogspot.com/

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...54C0A9649C8B63

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why do you disclude shellfish???
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chuck_Melrose is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sage,

You had me till the no pork thing. Tenderloin is one of the most healthy things you can have.

rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    and pork?

because of the Sodium?

Did I read it wrong?

Look, the dude is giving you something to read, that basiclly lays it out in laymans terms.

Did they have McDonalds, and Burger King, tucked away in a cave? NO, !!!!!!!!! ****, they didnt even know how to make bread.. Was there a Watering hole, where all the cavemen gathered after work to hammer down some suds? NO..

Simply put, if it wasn't around in caveman days, dont eat the ****...

Potatoes for instance are one of the most nutritious things one can have. They fit very well into a healthy lifestyle.

prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Dude thats insane amount of whey protein shakes in diet.... wasnt whey supposed to be a no no on keto??

prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    thats close to 200gms of whey shake a day..... dude thats amazing...

Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MarkVI View Post
    I have to say this caveman stuff is starting to get on my nerves....there's a reason we've advanced in technology....because we make advancements!

This IS the healthiest way of eating, but not because "cavemen" did it -- if they could have, they would have eaten ho-ho's and ice cream like every other fat person, because it was available.

Cavemen were fortunate in the fact that these kinds of foods didn't exist....but guess what? Neither did Penicilen.
    x2

It's in the human nature (at least seems like it) to be lazy and eat whatever is close/easy to obtain.

If we still had to hunt for our food, most of us would be fit. If cavemen didn't need to hunt, most of them would've been fat.

Now, as mark pointed out, give cavemen medecine and they would live as long as we do now.
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***
    *** Scandinavian Misc Crew ***

"Everything you do, every single decision you make, either takes you a step closer or a step further from your goal. You either grow or you regress; nothing stands still."

Potatoes for instance are one of the most nutritious things one can have. They fit very well into a healthy lifestyle.
    But not on a keto diet unless your activity level is insanely high. Hunter-gatherers do eat tubers, but their lives are infinitely more physical than ours. They are simply exploiting all food sources, the bulk of which happens to be animal.

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    But not on a keto diet unless your activity level is insanely high. Hunter-gatherers do eat tubers, but their lives are infinitely more physical than ours. They are simply exploiting all food sources, the bulk of which happens to be animal.
    Thank you sir, may we have another insight?!

The cavemen would eat anything and everything that they could get their hands on....it was a binge and starve lifestyle....eat as much as you stomach could hold and then eat whenever food was available again....
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The cavemen would eat anything and everything that they could get their hands on....it was a binge and starve lifestyle....eat as much as you stomach could hold and then eat whenever food was available again....
    A lot of logical fallacy going on in this thread. And even more "assumptions" being thrown around.

Mark here got it right. People ate whatever was available, and ate it in loads to store as fat, so they would survive longer periods without food. The problem nowadays is that people do the same, but aren't confronted with prolonged fasting periods that would take care of the stored reserves.
    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Self Discipline is telling that little voice in your head to shut the f$%k up.

Originally Posted by cyanize View Post
    A lot of logical fallacy going on in this thread. And even more "assumptions" being thrown around.

Mark here got it right. People ate whatever was available, and ate it in loads to store as fat, so they would survive longer periods without food. The problem nowadays is that people do the same, but aren't confronted with prolonged fasting periods that would take care of the stored reserves.
    Exactly why obesity and the ability to gain fat quickly was a genetic advantage.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    Thank you sir, may we have another insight?!

Originally Posted by cyanize View Post

Yes, yes, and yes!

That is the problem with any type of diet. It doesn't matter if it's low fat, low carb, Mediterranean, South Beach, yadda yadda, if you overeat any food, you will gain weight. If you undereat, you will lose weight.

Cyanize is absolutely right with his post. You can eat like a "caveman" and still be unhealthy if you eat 1k calories more than you need, watch TV all day, smoke cigarettes, etc. The fact that our next meal is 10 feet away in the fridge is part of the downfall of all diets. Well, that and the fact that our lives are largely convenience based, with vehicles to move us rather than our own 2 legs, microwaves to cook food rather than having to chop wood and light a fire, and grocers to put out food for us to buy rather than us having to go find it ourselves.

Can one see positive changes simply by changing their diet? Yes. But to say it must be a "caveman" diet to work is simply wrong.

Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by warrioe-sage View Post
    What I'm preaching is the types of carbs. Now any type of green leafy vegetables are fine. As are some fruits. Ask yourself which is better for you a banana or an apple. They both seem healthy and they are. But, the apple is a much better choice because it has a very high water and fiber content which would cause little or no effect in causing an insulin spike which is what leads to body fat over time (constant insulin spikes) from all the sugar/carbs we eat. The banana on the other hand would cause a similar reaction as a baked potato or piece of bread.
    As long as your fat cells are able to maintain lipolysis then insulin secretion doesn't matter.

It is people who become insulin resistant that all that parathyroid stuff begins to happen in their adipose so they can't release fat. (High Parathyroid causes a build-up of intracellular Ca++ inside the adipose cell. This blunts the effect of beta receptor stimulation on cAMP accumulation that activates Hormone sensitive lipase)

P.S. I would not blame bananas or white potatoe on the effects I just mentioned. Those are nutrient rich carbs with a lot of potassium.