Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Late Night Workout, Eating before bed?

Hey guys, heres a newb question but first let me explain what im trying to do.

Im trying to lose fat! I know that after my workouts its good that i eat because my muscles need nutrition to refuel it self. Sometimes when i come home from work(5pm) ill take a nap for a hour a half before i got to the gym. By the time i get out of the gym its like 930-10 and then i hit the bed.

Im scared to eat after my work out because i know if the food isnt digested and i just go to sleep my will store it as fat which is what i dont want. Can someone give me some help and point me in the right direction, let me know if im doing the right thing. Thanks guys!

Shut up and train. stealth_maven's Avatar
    stealth_maven is not very helpful. (-500) stealth_maven is not very helpful. (-500) stealth_maven is not very helpful. (-500) stealth_maven is not very helpful. (-500) stealth_maven is not very helpful. (-500) stealth_maven is not very helpful. (-500) stealth_maven is not very helpful. (-500) stealth_maven is not very helpful. (-500) stealth_maven is not very helpful. (-500) stealth_maven is not very helpful. (-500) stealth_maven is not very helpful. (-500)
    Food doesn't automatically turn to fat if you sleep with it in ur system. lol wut?!

Eat post workout, then go to bed.

/thread.

blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Pety-Pipper View Post

Im trying to lose fat! I know that after my workouts its good that i eat because my muscles need nutrition to refuel it self. Sometimes when i come home from work(5pm) ill take a nap for a hour a half before i got to the gym. By the time i get out of the gym its like 930-10 and then i hit the bed.

Im scared to eat after my work out because i know if the food isnt digested and i just go to sleep my will store it as fat which is what i dont want. Can someone give me some help and point me in the right direction, let me know if im doing the right thing. Thanks guys!
    Feed your muscles after the workout. Your muscles are going to suck up whatever you feed them, so it's unlikely to get stored as fat

Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pety-Pipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the advice.

Pain is all in your head mike0556's Avatar
    mike0556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike0556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike0556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike0556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike0556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike0556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike0556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike0556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike0556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike0556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike0556 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I down a skim milk + whey + natural pb shake right after my workout... I'm drinking it right now... then I'm going to bed!
    From fatass to average. Average is for quitters.

Christmas 2006: Nearly 300 pounds
    Christmas 2007: 215

10/18/2010: 198

Currently cutting to 185 or 190 depending on BF%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obdd31Q9PqA

Run until it hurts belairdfence99's Avatar
    belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You may FEEL fat goin to bed with food in your stomach but if your body needs food their is no way it'll be stored as fat. (unless of course you have eaten too much that day)
    **MISC Running Crew**

You are what you eat, love what you are.

"are u guys fuking wizard chefs??? surely u don't eat like this all the time...." TheDarkKnight27

I may or may not have gotten my avi idea from American_Psycho

blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by mike0556 View Post
    I down a skim milk + whey + natural pb shake right after my workout... I'm drinking it right now... then I'm going to bed!
    I would skip the milk and pb for your PWO shake. Your body needs the whey fast, and the fat from the pb and milk will slow down the process.

Just sayin

janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) janky has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Yea, um to the best of my knowledge your muscles will be repairing overnight even while you sleep, so they'll still be absorbing things they need, and eating late isn't bad, it's WHAT you eat.
    eating CARBS late on the other hand.. not a good idea.

I could be wrong here, just my understanding of things..
    Common Sense Crew
    Living Happily is Easy Crew
    Do Something That Matters Crew
    There Are More Important Things in Life Than Women Crew

"My brother is an Alpha male in real life and virtually all of his friends are Alpha males." - zionosis

Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by janky View Post
    eating CARBS late on the other hand.. not a good idea.
    Myth.
    When you hesitate, you act as if you are immortal

Ital_Muscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ital_Muscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ital_Muscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ital_Muscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ital_Muscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ital_Muscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ital_Muscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ital_Muscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ital_Muscle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Eat some cottage cheese and cucumber before bed. I workout at night and thats how I do it everytime.

E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i would say it is ok to eat a meal after your workout. make sure you get some whey in to get it absorbed fast. but the trick is, dont over eat during the day or your body will store late night eating as fat. if you burn 2500 calories a day and are intaking 2400 calories a day, does it matter?

Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ital_muscle and Janky gave good advice. When considering advice, consider where it's coming from. I always drink a whey shake after a workout, and eat whole food protein before bed, as it takes longer to digest, and will fuel my muscle growth while I'm asleep and healing.
    Everyone has a six pack. Most people just keep theirs covered.

now this may be a another stupid question, but what if im trying to lose fat? does the same thing apply?

neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000) neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000) neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000) neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000) neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000) neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000) neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000) neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000) neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000) neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000) neekz0r is just really nice. (+1000)
    Immediately after I work out, I eat a protien shake (i need some fast carbs to suppliment this, anyone got a good suggestion?).

After that and just before I go to bed, I eat 300G of Cottage Cheese. It's great.

And yes, I'm cutting right now and I still eat it. Very important to feed your body after working out. I wish I had done it sooner -- I only took a shake and that was that. After I started eating cottage cheese at night (and some other changes), I lost 1.2% in bodyfat in three weeks.
    --
    'What is a human being, then?'
    'A seed'
    'A... seed?'
    'An acorn that is unafraid to destroy itself in growing into a tree.'
    -David Zindell, _A Requiem for Homo Sapiens_

My training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114471221

Lightweight motha f...... albert88's Avatar
    albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) albert88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I eat 1 cup egg whites + steamed veggies at nights before sleeping...Of course I throw in some fat in there too.

I finished my workout today around 930, when i got home i had my protein shake(2 scoops). After i took a shower and took care of my swety laundry I went out and bought a 6 inch sub. I know it wasnt the best choice but it was to late to cook anything. I dont exactly have kitchen at the moment- house is under renovation so i rely on the BBQ and theres poor lighting outside. Any how, i got a 6 inch chicken breast on honey oat bread, letus, tomato, hot peppers, olives and a little honey mustard( i had to have it).

What do you guys think of this for a Postwork out meal?
    Also I seen someone mention that they eat cottage cheese before bed. I thought cottage cheese was high in fat.

KingLeonitus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Pety-Pipper View Post

You should be getting your protein during your workout (most importantly) and again just after you finish lifting. Your body needs to be fueled while you tear it down, this allows you to train harder while in the gym and you won't hit such a dead spot in your workout, you will be able to lift hard till the end. I personally usually eat a full meal about an hour or two before i train, and consume a shake at the halfway point in my workout. Once im finished ill go home, shower and eat some fish or chicken and drink another shake. This completely refuels my body and i feel great. This also helps me when i go to my spilt routine schedule and im doing 2-a-days. As far as going to bed after eating, as long as your not stuffing yourself, and your eating properly, your body will still break down and use everything you take in. I personally eat about 20 minutes before going to bed, and sometimes even wake up in the middle of the night and snack or eat a bar. Good luck man.

KingLeonitus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    in reference to my above post, just to clarify since i just realized this is in fact the loose fat section... my diet being as stated above, within the past year my weight has gone from 205 to 225 but i have not gained any body fat to speak of. Again this is just my experience...

Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    take whey and 1/4 cup of oats in water immediately after your workout and then have a casein shake about an hour later before bed
    It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential - Bruce Lee
    www.kylelouismusic.com

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You will be fine, I lost 130 lbs doing the same thing as you, I would workout after work and eat dinner at about 11pm. Went to bed right after that.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

Originally Posted by crupiea View Post
    You will be fine, I lost 130 lbs doing the same thing as you, I would workout after work and eat dinner at about 11pm. Went to bed right after that.
    Congrats to losing 130lbs. Im not sure if im doing the right workout program now for my goal. Im working out 5-6 times a week doing cardio plus weights(low weight-high reps{i keep my reps at 18 for each workout}) and i feel like im getting bigger. I dont want to get any bigger then I am. Im only 5'7 and weigh about 200lbs, i want to get down to 170-180. So i think i might change my workout schedual and just do 3 days of weights and 6 days of cardio. What do you guys think?

Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nick Helm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Eat fat-free cottage cheese
    Everyone has a six pack. Most people just keep theirs covered.