EDKsurly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Forearm tendon pop during bicep exerice

I recently started going back to the gym. I'm lifting somewhat light weight because I dont want to strain or hurt myself in the beginning. I used to lift a bit when I was younger and noticed I had a bit of a tendon problem, but not enough to worry me.

Today I was doing standing easy bar curls and my left forearm tendon popped everytime I lowered the weight. It doesnt hurt but it definitely feels weird and uncomfortable. It also pops a few times within one motion, almost like its grinding, but I dont know what it could be grinding on... My right arm seems fine.

I have a friend (bodybuilder for 15+ years) advise me to take 40-50 lbs dumb bells at my side and twist my arms back and forth to stregthen my forearm muscles. Could the popping be from my forearms being under sized/weak for my biceps?

Does anyone else have any recommendations?

oops, misspelled exercise. ><
    Last edited by EDKsurly; 07-16-2008 at 04:45 PM.

wutdafukdidujusaytomeulib 1quick1's Avatar
    1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's most likely because you haven't built up tendon strength since returning to the weights. I would recommend hitting the basic compound movements such as squats, deads, standing OH press, bench press, dips, pullups for a little while and build up your functional strength before getting too caught up with the isolations. Keep your weight low and add intensity by shortening your rest intervals. Once you build your tendon strength back up you should be fine. Alot of people who use AAS have these kind of problems because they gain physical strength quicker then their tendons can handle.

EDKsurly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
    It's most likely because you haven't built up tendon strength since returning to the weights. I would recommend hitting the basic compound movements such as squats, deads, standing OH press, bench press, dips, pullups for a little while and build up your functional strength before getting too caught up with the isolations. Keep your weight low and add intensity by shortening your rest intervals. Once you build your tendon strength back up you should be fine. Alot of people who use AAS have these kind of problems because they gain physical strength quicker then their tendons can handle.
    Thanks bud!

That makes alot of sense. I should probably stick to the basics for another month or so since my tendons suck. ;D My shoulder pops alot too when pressing, but Ive always had that problem. I try to work around it.

eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have the shoulder problem to, i can feel it getting uncomfortable when im pressing over a certain weight, and then for some reason, well last time, i was just led in bed, around 8 hours after shoulder workout, in a normal position arms under my head, and my shoulder popped out....
    There are was to strengthen the shoulder core, i had an op on 1 of my shoulder, and if you go to a cable machine set it just under shoulder height, take the pulley with elbow stuck to your side, and just let your shoulder and arm turn out.

Heres a poor example. Ul u- the "l" is the arm lol move it from infront to your side, you can definelty feel it working the core, and ive had no problems with my operated shoulder @ all.
    The voice in your head brings you to tears.
    When you look in the mirror and your happy...You've lost.