Thread: Flat Biceps

sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100)

Flat Biceps

my arms grow fine and my tris are shaping well..
    but my biceps are like cylenders increasing in diameter...all flat.

is this an injured, lagging or untrained bodypart? and what should i do about it?

thanks

Iverson7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iverson7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iverson7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iverson7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iverson7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iverson7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iverson7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iverson7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iverson7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    peaks...hit dem dere consentrayshon curlz

Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    close grip barbell curls with elbows tucked in and more back than pararel to shoulders.
    - NOTICE: Not all posts represent my own opinion. I enjoy playing devil's advocate.

sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100) sanan is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by DinoT1985 View Post
    close grip barbell curls with elbows tucked in and more back than pararel to shoulders.
    you mean like drag curl with curl grip?

justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Flat biceps are relatively genetics, but you can do things to help alleviate your suffering:
    Concentration curls: pull the weight up as fast as possible, has to be under 2 seconds, make sure your shuolders don't rock back and forth (cheating) 4 second MINIMUM eccentric from top contraction to right at the bottom, make sure it's slow the whole way, not drop halfway, hold, drop the rest. I'd say anywehere from 3-5 sets of 8-12 reps (if 1 is at the higher, other should be at lower, so 3x12 or 5x8, somewhere between even mix it up every week)

also make sure when you do these, your wrist is for lack of a better term "limp" (that's right, big peaks = limp wrist) you want to really focus all the attention on the biceps, not anything else and this will assist in that. (by limp I mean your palm should be pointing forward like a really geeky hi5)

Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sanan View Post
    you mean like drag curl with curl grip?
    Nah, normal curl but instead of keeping the elbow planted to say into your ribs, have it into your kidneys.
    - NOTICE: Not all posts represent my own opinion. I enjoy playing devil's advocate.

eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    When you say flat biceps, do you mean even when your tensed, or if you just have your arm hanging down normal??
    The voice in your head brings you to tears.
    When you look in the mirror and your happy...You've lost.

Originally Posted by justarandomguy View Post
    Flat biceps are relatively genetics, but you can do things to help alleviate your suffering:
    Concentration curls: pull the weight up as fast as possible, has to be under 2 seconds, make sure your shuolders don't rock back and forth (cheating) 4 second MINIMUM eccentric from top contraction to right at the bottom, make sure it's slow the whole way, not drop halfway, hold, drop the rest. I'd say anywehere from 3-5 sets of 8-12 reps (if 1 is at the higher, other should be at lower, so 3x12 or 5x8, somewhere between even mix it up every week)

also make sure when you do these, your wrist is for lack of a better term "limp" (that's right, big peaks = limp wrist) you want to really focus all the attention on the biceps, not anything else and this will assist in that. (by limp I mean your palm should be pointing forward like a really geeky hi5)
    thanks for your post
    I'm going to try that next WO.
    and what about range of motion?
    like...preacher, standing, incline and prone...
    which one should I use?

Originally Posted by eupharies View Post
    When you say flat biceps, do you mean even when your tensed, or if you just have your arm hanging down normal??
    both ...my biceps are like cylenders getting hard or soft...no peak

eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eupharies has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

oh i see, even when you tense them?

justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) justarandomguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sanan View Post
    thanks for your post
    I'm going to try that next WO.
    and what about range of motion?
    like...preacher, standing, incline and prone...
    which one should I use?
    Concentration curls is the movement style (you rest your elbow on knee and curl up from there) the rest of it is just basic lifting principles, lol.

oh i see, even when you tense them?
    yes...imagine 14-15 inch arm...remove the peak..and you'll get my arms

Originally Posted by justarandomguy View Post
    Concentration curls is the movement style (you rest your elbow on knee and curl up from there) the rest of it is just basic lifting principles, lol.
    sorry I guess I missed that :P

oh i see, maybe instead of doing just the standard bb curl, do wide + narrow bb curls, hitting the short and the long head individually...

oh i see, maybe instead of doing just the standard bb curl, do wide + narrow bb curls, hitting the short and the long head individually...
    Short head's used more when the biceps are infront of shoulder (concentration, preacher) whereas long head's used when the elbows are behind the shoulder, like lying incline curls, so it's not really width of elbows, it's where they are to the shoulder.

Things like wrist angle also make a big difference (supinated uses forearm flexors, neutral uses brachialis and some extensors, pronated uses extensors and slack\limp wrist (arny barbell curls this way) uses very little forearm... also stretches out flexors which is good, because alot of peoples are too tight)