admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) admin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Virtual Muscle - Tennis Elbow: What Can You Do?

Set aside some time weekly to train the non-beach muscles, like the small muscles of the forearm. This will lessen the chances of tennis elbow occurring. It is not a pleasant experience.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/vm18.htm

HOW TO REVIEW: Post Your Review Of This Article - CLICK ON POST REPLY BELOW! You do NOT need to be a registered member to post a reply in this section!

sbedell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Painful "tennis elbow"

I recently got back into weightlifting after I turned 40. Mid life crisis i suppose. I'm 41 now. After a couple months I started feeling much stronger like I did when I was 25. So I started adding more weight to my lifts. Big mistake! I developed Tendonitis in my elbow and forearm. The only thing that helped so far is ice ice baby. I rested it for a couple weeks while on vacation but as soon as I got back to the gym the pain came back too. Recently started icing it at night and began taking a high quality fish oil. I also experimented with lighter weights and different wrist positions in order to minimize the pain. The important thing is I didn't have to give up lifting altogether. Now if I can get back to swinging a golf club we'll be back in business.

Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    From my experience (Having had it about 3 times as a semi-pro golfer) it is DEFINITELY not fun to have.

Doctor's have always suggested the:
    Ball or sock squeeze

Hold a tennis ball (or a rolled-up sock) in your hand.
    Make a fist around the ball (or sock) and squeeze.
    Hold for about 6 seconds, then relax for up to 10 seconds.
    Repeat 8 to 12 times.
    Switch the ball (or sock) to your other hand and do 8 to 12 times.

I am assuming that as the OP suggested, this will work out the small muscles in the forearm.

AllJakes11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tennis Elbow is definitely no fun. I found the information on me2many.com/conditions/tennis-elbow/ to be refreshingly useful (e.g., I did not realize tennis elbow is not an inflammatory condition!).

Asp0429 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am currently in 6 weeks of PT to get rid of tennis elbow. I was lifting pretty heavy and when I changed from a once a week lift per area to every other day, I caused it. I have learned big time one drop the weight when im not resting for a longer amount of time, then rest and ice. I have been off upper body weights for just over 2 weeks and I finally can take something out of the fridge w/out pain. If I lift with my arm extended, Im back w pain. The PT guy says the extension is the worst to trigger it, go figure. Another 2 weeks and Im using 3lb weights to retrain the brain to lift ways that are pain free. What sucks is I tend to feel the pain when I use any free weights so I am willing to sacrafice the next 3 weeks so I can get back at it. I was offered a cortizone shot but I really truly want to be completely healed and try not to re-injur it so Im waiting on this. Anyone have any other feedback?
    Failure is NOT an option!

You can give a person many things, but motivation comes from the heart!

I want results...yesterday!

RoyLeer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

I think the Bane jacket is so cool, I like it. And do you think so?

whiteflag6721 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation tennis elbow

wish I know about the tennis elbow before I got it. I think that it is essential to worn us before hand. After the fact sucks. I warm up and take precautions so I don't injure myself but I didn't know if I was doing something at work and it caused this pain that it would get worse and what it would take to heal and what could happen if I just ignored it. So before I make this worse I'm going full speed a head aggressive style. I have noticed that from compansating I'm causing pain in other places. So I put a brace on and put my arm in a sling and will force myself to slow down and use the other arm. And try not to use the fingers too. And I have been soaring in the bath. If anyone has any other ideas please share. I don't want to lose all the fitness and muscle and get fat over this.

whiteflag6721 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

some more suggestions

Originally Posted by sbedell View Post
    I recently got back into weightlifting after I turned 40. Mid life crisis i suppose. I'm 41 now. After a couple months I started feeling much stronger like I did when I was 25. So I started adding more weight to my lifts. Big mistake! I developed Tendonitis in my elbow and forearm. The only thing that helped so far is ice ice baby. I rested it for a couple weeks while on vacation but as soon as I got back to the gym the pain came back too. Recently started icing it at night and began taking a high quality fish oil. I also experimented with lighter weights and different wrist positions in order to minimize the pain. The important thing is I didn't have to give up lifting altogether. Now if I can get back to swinging a golf club we'll be back in business.
    I also google it and found out there are strectes for that and strengthening excersises too. I will let u know if they work. Go to webmd.com and see for yourself. Good luck.

JRuss5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JRuss5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JRuss5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JRuss5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JRuss5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JRuss5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JRuss5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JRuss5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JRuss5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JRuss5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JRuss5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice!

apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10) apace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    does this apply to golfers elbow too ? as i had this condition for the past year and even if i rested it took anti inflammatorys ice it every day , it came back when i started lifting especially bicep works is impossible to do
    drinu

zasq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

read this link

m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/tennis-elbow

brad311 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brad311 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brad311 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brad311 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brad311 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brad311 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brad311 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brad311 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brad311 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brad311 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) brad311 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    this is all some great info...i have been trying the ball trick and so far it has really helped...

MeirDavid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeirDavid has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Nice post i love it..

ldhawan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ldhawan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ldhawan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ldhawan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ldhawan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ldhawan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ldhawan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ldhawan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ldhawan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ldhawan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ldhawan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had tennis elbow for 5 months. Worked out the first month (push ups and pull ups only) and probably made it worse. Tried lots of exercises after that but the main thing I learned after trial and error was that it just needed to rest for a few weeks. During the rest periods I used castor oil compresses for a week then epsom salts compress for a week. They helped a lot! Especially the epsom salts. Also iced it when it was inflammed and wrapped it in a hot towel to loosen it up when it was stiff. Overall the thing that worked was rest and patience. I'm now working out again (light weights to start with) and so far so good.
    Good luck people...