Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Nimbus Nutrition Rep leonidas300's Avatar
    leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Is Professional Bodybuilding a Sport?

This is me mostly playing devil's advocate so don't get your posing trunks all bunched up, but can professional bodybuilding really be considered a sport? I repeatedly read people refer to the "sport of professional bodybuilding" but other than the contestants competing with one another what else qualifies this as a sport. Early bodybuilding contest actually had a few components; a strength test; agility test; and then the pure aesthetic portion of the contest. Current competitions only retain the aesthetic judgment which raises the question what separates bodybuilding from any other pageant where the judging criteria is based solely upon aesthetic considerations? What is the difference between the Mr. O and the Ms. Universe? A person could assert that the training that goes into preparing for a bodybuilding contest is much more physically demanding, but beauty pageant contestants also diet, workout, and prepare year round for their contest with as much determination (if not more so, those bitches is crazy) as any professional bodybuilder. I am just curious as to people's responses and trying to spark a little debate. Always good to argue both sides.
    Certitude is the enemy of wisdom.
    "We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." Johnathan Swift.

Remember this principle: if you have to chew something, it ain't anabolic. Alan Aragon

NIMBUS NUTRITION "When Performance is Everything!"
    POSEIDON
    clay@nimbusnutrition.com

Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by leonidas300 View Post
    This is me mostly playing devil's advocate so don't get your posing trunks all bunched up, but can professional bodybuilding really be considered a sport? I repeatedly read people refer to the "sport of professional bodybuilding" but other than the contestants competing with one another what else qualifies this as a sport. Early bodybuilding contest actually had a few components; a strength test; agility test; and then the pure aesthetic portion of the contest. Current competitions only retain the aesthetic judgment which raises the question what separates bodybuilding from any other pageant where the judging criteria is based solely upon aesthetic considerations? What is the difference between the Mr. O and the Ms. Universe? A person could assert that the training that goes into preparing for a bodybuilding contest is much more physically demanding, but beauty pageant contestants also diet, workout, and prepare year round for their contest with as much determination (if not more so, those bitches is crazy) as any professional bodybuilder. I am just curious as to people's responses and trying to spark a little debate. Always good to argue both sides.
    Figure skating and gymnastics are based on subjective judging on the aesthetic of what those athletes do. Those activities are considered sports and the people who participate in them are called athletes. Would you consider professional bodybuilders athletes? i would, ergo Bodybuilding is a sport.

patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) patroclus32 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Pump Freak 86 View Post
    Figure skating and gymnastics are based on subjective judging on the aesthetic of what those athletes do. Those activities are considered sports and the people who participate in them are called athletes. Would you consider professional bodybuilders athletes? i would, ergo Bodybuilding is a sport.
    But in figure skating they are judged on how they execute certain moves, how well they coordinate with the music etc. Bodybuilders are only judged on how they look. There is no game time performance. I wouldn't consider posing to be that. The outcome is usually decided in prejudging anyway where they just hit mandatory poses not later on in their own creative routine.

Those are not my personal views just playing devils advocate.
    500lb deadlift crew

Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't consider bodybuilding a sport. However, I do consider bodybuilders athletes. Participating in a sport is not a prerequisite for being an athlete. Similarly, I consider gymnasts and runners athletes, but I don't consider those sports.

The best definition I have ever come across for a sport had a number of points, but the most important ones said that there must be at least two sides who are, through physical activity, directly acting to hinder the opponent from completing their objective. Also the winner must be determined by an established point or scoring system based on objectivity. The only part of the definition, out of I think 8 or so points, was the final one which said a sport cannot involve intentional harm or violence to the opposing side. I disagree with that stipulation because I consider MMA, boxing, and grappling to be sports.

I have no problem with a narrow definition of the word sport. I don't think bodybuilding, golf, NASCAR, bowling, figure skating, shooting, or any type of racing are sports. They are games/contests/events. However, while I would consider a figure skater an athlete, I would not consider a NASCAR driver an athlete (I am aware that a level of physical ability is required to drive NASCAR).

The main reason I look at it this way is because with the way many people use the word sport, almost any activity on the planet could be considered a sport. I could make a case that posting on BB.com is a sport, using a commonly abused definition.

That's my opinion, at least.
    "The most thought-provoking thing in our thought-provoking time is that we are still not thinking." - Heidegger

Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50) Buffalohed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Another position that I would present, though one I don't completely agree with, is the following:

One could say that any event which requires one to be an athlete to participate in is a sport. This would make bodybuilding, diving, running, etc. sports. I don't think that is an entirely unfair or inaccurate definition, it's certainly one I could accept.

However, you would then be faced with the issue of defining athlete. And while possibly easier than defining sport, there is less likely to be agreement on the matter because most people who participate in something rigorously will consider themselves an athlete. For example, bowlers and NASCAR drivers might call themselves athletes, but I would strongly disagree with that.
    "The most thought-provoking thing in our thought-provoking time is that we are still not thinking." - Heidegger

leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) leonidas300 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Buffalohed View Post
    I don't consider bodybuilding a sport. However, I do consider bodybuilders athletes. Participating in a sport is not a prerequisite for being an athlete. Similarly, I consider gymnasts and runners athletes, but I don't consider those sports.

The best definition I have ever come across for a sport had a number of points, but the most important ones said that there must be at least two sides who are, through physical activity, directly acting to hinder the opponent from completing their objective. Also the winner must be determined by an established point or scoring system based on objectivity. The only part of the definition, out of I think 8 or so points, was the final one which said a sport cannot involve intentional harm or violence to the opposing side. I disagree with that stipulation because I consider MMA, boxing, and grappling to be sports.

I have no problem with a narrow definition of the word sport. I don't think bodybuilding, golf, NASCAR, bowling, figure skating, shooting, or any type of racing are sports. They are games/contests/events. However, while I would consider a figure skater an athlete, I would not consider a NASCAR driver an athlete (I am aware that a level of physical ability is required to drive NASCAR).

The main reason I look at it this way is because with the way many people use the word sport, almost any activity on the planet could be considered a sport. I could make a case that posting on BB.com is a sport, using a commonly abused definition.

All excellent points.
    "We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." Johnathan Swift.

Remember this principle: if you have to chew something, it ain't anabolic. Alan Aragon

POSEIDON
    clay@nimbusnutrition.com

Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    While there is so physical conferentation in bodybuilding, each mans physique is still tested against others, not in a contact sense but in an objective and physical based enviroment.

And hitting those poses are tough man, hrs of prosing prep is needed to ensure that u hit the poses just the way u want it (eg highlighting ur strength, minimising weaknesses) Its no different to gymnasics or any kind of objective judge based sport (skateboarding, figure skating, semi contact martial arts, syncranised (sp lol) swimming and so on)

Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by patroclus32 View Post
    But in figure skating they are judged on how they execute certain moves, how well they coordinate with the music etc. Bodybuilders are only judged on how they look. There is no game time performance. I wouldn't consider posing to be that. The outcome is usually decided in prejudging anyway where they just hit mandatory poses not later on in their own creative routine.

true, but there is a lot of room for error in figure skating judging regardless of the execution of moves. recall the medal scandal in the last winter olympics (maybe it was 2 Olympics ago) where there gold medalists had to return their medals because of improprieties in judging? those sports don't exactly rely on objectivity. The game time performance for bodybuilders is conditioning, the battle against smoothness. Their criterion is still physical and athletic.

Also, pageants are not hotness contests. They are congeniality contests that hold women up to standards of grace, poise, and etiquette. They are similar to bodybuilding in that they are an institutionalization of the female ideal, but they are ipso facto dissimilar. The masculine ideal is categorically athletic. Those who convey it (even for show purposes), are athletes, and athletes, by definition are those who participate as sports competitors.

Originally Posted by Buffalohed View Post
    Explain that one to the Olympic comitee. They've been wrong since 1896.

Would you consider basketball, baseball, football, rugby, tennis, or cricket sports? They are after all games by definition.

Well, i could believe that if you posted a video of yourself attacking your computer like angry German kid while posting in the Misc section. i'd even hold up a card with the number 10 on it.

magnabolt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magnabolt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magnabolt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magnabolt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magnabolt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magnabolt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magnabolt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magnabolt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magnabolt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magnabolt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) magnabolt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down Lol!

What a bunch or morons, of course bodybuilding is a sport. It involves a specific type of training for a specific competition.

Even f*cking chess is recognised as a sport, for crying out loud.

Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50)

you realize that hitting mandatory poses is the equviliant to skaters hitting their particular moves if a skaters does a double instead of a triple they are counted off on if a bber hits a most muscular and does not flex his legs he will ultimatly be counted off. and since we are talking about the IFBB and not the NPC the posing round does play a role...in 2001 ronnie came back to beat jay in that round. so they also have to put together a routine similar to that of a figure skater that best shows their body so basically what I am saying is if you one considers suck things like figure skating and gymnastics sports then one must also consider BBing as a sport..but if ya don't then don't think bbing is a sport

and to the OP this topic has been discussed about a million times on this board..
    "although you walk alone....you walk free."

Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Chess is a game, Golf is a game

Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vadim Beliaev is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

The outcome is not decided in prejudging
    not anymore

in many competitions prejudging doesnt even count in the final score
    it mainly determines those who make the finals
    in the finals the posing routine receives points
    and the mandatory posing round is multiplied by two.
    Which makes the final posing round THE MOST IMPORTANT, as the difference between competitors is magnified by the multiplier (say competitor 1 got 8 points and competitor 2 got 9 points - the difference is 2 points not 1!)
    (Those are the newer IFBB rules instated in 2006)
    But i have seen people lose because they performed poorly in the posing routine

So, the posing routine is important, hence it can be compared to say figure skating - which is considered a sport - hence bodybuilding is a sport too .

Is still the same size WaterBlender's Avatar
    WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    sticky so no more useless clone threads
    la'illaha'illallah muhammadan'rasuulallah

best of health to you serge, comeback soon!

pssst, global warming is BS, we aren't the cause, but that doesn't mean we should stop trying to take care of the environment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zOXmJ4jd-8 (1:30)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5J7JNfLYco (short)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHATItyOsdY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5frDU5oRtD0

mindgame is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mindgame is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mindgame is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mindgame is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mindgame is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mindgame is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mindgame is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mindgame is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mindgame is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mindgame is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mindgame is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Definitions of sport on the Web:

an active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition
    the occupation of athletes who compete for pay
    (Maine colloquial) a temporary summer resident of Maine
    a person known for the way she (or he) behaves when teased or defeated or subjected to trying circumstances; "a good sport"; "a poor sport"
    someone who engages in sports
    mutant: (biology) an organism that has characteristics resulting from chromo****l alteration
    wear or display in an ostentatious or proud manner; "she was sporting a new hat"
    fun: verbal wit or mockery (often at another's expense but not to be taken seriously); "he became a figure of fun"; "he said it in sport"
    frolic: play boisterously; "The children frolicked in the garden"; "the gamboling lambs in the meadows"; "The toddlers romped in the playroom"
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Sport is an activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs

Has the same meaning given in clause 4 of the NAD scheme.
    http://www.asada.gov.au/control/wher...s/glossary.htm

a person trained to compete in sports
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Athlete was the debut released by British rock band Athlete. It was released in the UK as an EP on March 4 2002 (see 2002 in music). The EP features the original versions of "Westside" and "Dungeness", which were soon to appear on the band's debut album.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athlete (EP)

Athlete are an English indie rock band formed in Deptford, London, comprising Joel Pott (lead vocals and guitar), Carey Willetts (bass and backing vocals), Stephen Roberts (drums and backing vocals) and Tim Wanstall (keyboards and backing vocals). ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athlete (band)

A sportsperson (British and American English) or athlete (principally American English) is any person who participates regularly in a sport.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athlete (sports)

A person who actively participates in physical sports, possibly highly skilled in sports. (Known in British English as a "sportsperson".); A participant in track and field sports
    en.wiktionary.org/wiki/athlete
    11/17/12 We Will Never Forget

*G Nation*

٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ iForce Dave's Avatar
    iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iForce Dave is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    pageant seems like a better word to describe it
    keep it simple, keep it basic, keep it heavy
    iForce Nutrition Sponsored Athlete
    www.iforcenutrition.com

ProWrestleFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProWrestleFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProWrestleFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProWrestleFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProWrestleFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProWrestleFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProWrestleFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProWrestleFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProWrestleFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProWrestleFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ProWrestleFan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Muscle Pageant

And there's nothing wrong with that.

/thread
    Professional Wrestler
    Current South Korea PWS Heavyweight Champion
    Twitter - @RyanOshun
    Instagram - RyanOshun

Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by leonidas300 View Post

Its somewhat an argument of semantics, what is a sport? I suppose similar to the constitution you could have a loose or more strict view of it which may change whats included. I would not consider bodybuilding a sport myself, alot of people get defensive. I think the idea is people associate some sort of higher respect with a mere word "sport" and saying something isnt is somehow seen as some sort of insult.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, bodybuilders put alot of time, effort, and dedication into what they do, a mere word is not going to change any of that.

pinjo will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinjo will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinjo will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinjo will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinjo will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinjo will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinjo will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinjo will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinjo will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinjo will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinjo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Acording to one of my books of Training theory, a sport is defined as a systematic human activity mainly based on the ability to perform specific movement structures and skills with the aim of achieving a competition result.

Key words:

Competition: a comparison of at least two results attained in the same conditions are a precondition for claiming something as sport. Based on the comparison between competitors, and classificated as an conventional-aesthetic activity, bodybuilding has nothing to do with weightlifting and other motorical ability tests.

Perform movement structures: a sport requires active participation and locomotion. This is, though, a very flexible term, but bodybuilding competitions obviously require a huge amount of physical engagement.

Specific skills: the bodybuilding trainig process and competition require skills that distinguish it from other sports and activities.

Systematic: in bodybuilding (just as in other sports) nothing happens occasionally. Good morphologic developement and performance are not a coincidence, but a result of years, or decades, of systematic work.

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Here we go again.

Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50) Majors will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    just to make a point there are 9 threads that pertain to bodybuilding being a sport or not when I used the SEARCH function and typed in "is bodybuilding a sport" most of which were within the last 2 years.....can we please start talking about something new or atleast something old with a twist.
    "although you walk alone....you walk free."

Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DiamondDelts View Post
    Here we go again.
    This just hasnt been ur week DD lol

lollercopter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lollercopter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lollercopter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lollercopter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lollercopter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lollercopter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lollercopter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lollercopter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lollercopter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lollercopter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lollercopter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why do any of you care whether bodybuilding is a sport? Even if it's not a sport, that doesn't make bodybuilding any easier than before.

My_Friend is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Friend is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Friend is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Friend is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Friend is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Friend is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Friend is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Friend is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Friend is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Friend is a name known to all. (+5000) My_Friend is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There are a lot of sports that are judged by a jury. e.g. Figure skating, diving, synchronous swimming, gymnastics. I don't see why bodybuilding should be considered less than these sports.
    Last edited by My_Friend; 07-13-2008 at 11:47 PM.
    Free advice. You get what you pay for.

Travelling too much... clm12704's Avatar
    clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) clm12704 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I like what Arnold said in the EOMBB. "BB is a sport of form, just like gymnastics, skating or diving, but instead of movement the form involved is that of the body itself - the size, shape, proportion, detail, and aesthetic quality of the physique as developed in the gym, prepared by dieting, and displayed by performing building poses. (page 47)

To me, a sport is anything that involves brain-muscle coordination, competitive (there will be winners and losers), and requires excellence to compete at the ultimate level. To say that golf, racing, gymnastics, BB, or even pool are not sports is bullmess.
    Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.
    Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His love toward us, in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

beckhamisgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beckhamisgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beckhamisgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beckhamisgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beckhamisgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beckhamisgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beckhamisgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beckhamisgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beckhamisgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beckhamisgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beckhamisgod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd say more of an art form, for obvious reasons. But hey, if fishing is classed as a sport then why not bodybuilding.

j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    competitive bodybuilding is absolutely a PAGEANT.
    $157 billion creates 650,000 jobs = $240,000 cost to create or save 1 job

Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Originally Posted by ProWrestleFan View Post
    Muscle Pageant

And there's nothing wrong with that.

/thread
    This is where I find myself coming back to again and again. There is no doubt that the competitors are athletic, but it is more of a pageant than an athletic contest whereby the competitors appearance is the main criteria for judging.

POSEIDON
    clay@nimbusnutrition.com