Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Guar Gum or Xantham Gum

I want to make my shakes thicker, so im going to get one of these. I have heard Xantham is really bad for your GI track, any truth to this? And would Guar Gum be the better option?
    Pressuah- 'i bet your kitchen looks like a crack lab

[QUOTE=stevedarsh;454862701]one time my ex was peeing in a parking lot and she was f*cking spraying like a firehose and i was standing in front of her to block the view from traffic and it splattered all over my legs[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=RtodaAV;454863871]does she crush beer cans on her head also?[/QUOTE]

Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000)
    Guar Gum is the "better" option if you believe that Xanthan Gum (which is found in pretty much everything) is bad for your digestive tract.

Whenever I want to thicken my shakes, I use just the slightest bit of Xanthan Gum. It works, but if you use too much it'll be an impossible-to-drink mess. Kinda like ice cream if you use ice!

I've never used Guar Gum and I've been fine with digestion, so my opinion is biased

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Knux View Post
    Guar Gum is the "better" option if you believe that Xanthan Gum (which is found in pretty much everything) is bad for your digestive tract.
    Xanthan gum ****s me and a lot of other people up, it's not a matter of "belief."

scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) scubyfan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It astounds me that you guys so readily jump on things which may be unhealthy for you. Do you like feeling like guinea pigs?

Drink your shake without thickening it up, you won't die. Better yet, add a frozen banana to it and it'll get so thick you'd have to use a spoon.

Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Aindreas View Post
    Xanthan gum ****s me and a lot of other people up, it's not a matter of "belief."
    It hasn't ****ed me up yet ;x

I rarely use it and I don't use that much, though. So yeah, like I said, stick with Guar Gum or, as scubyfan said, just drink a normal shake.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Neither both of these lack nutrients and are fillers, they make ya feel full taking the place of actually foods.Add less liquid if you want thicker shakes
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Knux View Post
    It hasn't ****ed me up yet ;x
    Congratulations, you aren't sensitive to an indigestible vegetable gum produced by bacteria. Would you like a xanthan gum cookie? For those of us who are, it has absolute **** to do with "belief."

Originally Posted by Sixpack
    Neither both of these lack nutrients and are fillers, they make ya feel full taking the place of actually foods.Add less liquid if you want thicker shakes
    Agree.

Originally Posted by Aindreas View Post
    Congratulations, you aren't sensitive to an indigestible vegetable gum produced by bacteria. Would you like a xanthan gum cookie? For those of us who are, it has absolute **** to do with "belief."
    I wasn't bragging. And I seriously use it like once a month.

I retract my statement on "belief." It was poor wording on my part.

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    don't get caught in the cycle of trying to feel as full as possible on as few calories as possible, it just stretches your stomach out...

since eating calorie dense **** all the time, i can not eat all day, or eat breakfast at like 11 and not even be hungry until 6 or 7 sometimes, whereas when i ate more 'healthy' calorie sparse **** i was always hungry in between meals ( same amount of cals)

RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Sibrek View Post
    don't get caught in the cycle of trying to feel as full as possible on as few calories as possible, it just stretches your stomach out...

since eating calorie dense **** all the time, i can not eat all day, or eat breakfast at like 11 and not even be hungry until 6 or 7 sometimes, whereas when i ate more 'healthy' calorie sparse **** i was always hungry in between meals ( same amount of cals)
    I don't really get full easy, and thats not what im trying to accomplish. LOL all I want is a thick PWO shake. I am going to try PVL's Whey since reviews have been stating that it is thick without anything added to it. And I must say MHP Probolic-SR in milk is like a milk shake.

[QUOTE=stevedarsh;454862701]one time my ex was peeing in a parking lot and she was f*cking spraying like a firehose and i was standing in front of her to block the view from traffic and it splattered all over my legs[/QUOTE]

WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RippedFibers View Post
    I want to make my shakes thicker, so im going to get one of these. I have heard Xantham is really bad for your GI track, any truth to this? And would Guar Gum be the better option?
    I use Xantham gum in my shakes when I blend them, you use sucha small amount that you shouldn't have any trouble w/ your GI track. I mean like a pinch is enough to make them thick and fluffy.. but then again i'm blending mine w/ ice and water..thats my 2cents
    If you add too much Xantham gum then it's discusting, but mess around w/ it and see what works best.

WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't really get full easy, and thats not what im trying to accomplish. LOL all I want is a thick PWO shake. I am going to try PVL's Whey since reviews have been stating that it is thick without anything added to it. And I must say MHP Probolic-SR in milk is like a milk shake.
    Mmmm PVL makes great flavors too! but seriously, just like a tsp of Xantham gum should do fine.

Originally Posted by WannaGetLean View Post
    I use Xantham gum in my shakes when I blend them, you use sucha small amount that you shouldn't have any trouble w/ your GI track. I mean like a pinch is enough to make them thick and fluffy.. but then again i'm blending mine w/ ice and water..thats my 2cents
    If you add too much Xantham gum then it's discusting, but mess around w/ it and see what works best.
    Yes, I blend mine with 3-4 ice cubes also . So just a pinch of xantham between the fingers is enough?

Yes, I blend mine with 3-4 ice cubes also . So just a pinch of xantham between the fingers is enough?
    only 3-4 cubes?? I use quite a bit of ice..i like mine thick likea milkshake

Well I would start w/ a very small amount.. 1 tsp** NOT TBSP.. haha.. see how it goes!

Add it in before you blend. You'll see it get thicker as it's blending.. then you can taste it and if you want it more thick..well add more ice and a little more Xantham if needed

Mmmm PVL makes great flavors too! but seriously, just like a tsp of Xantham gum should do fine.
    Ohh yeah! I have been looking for a great PB Chocolate flavor whey, and im looking at the White Chocolate too, any input on that?

I also have been looking at your Sampler Pack reviews also. Was Malt really good?

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ok don't listen to me, enjoy being hungry all the time

good job xantham man

Ohh yeah! I have been looking for a great PB Chocolate flavor whey, and im looking at the White Chocolate too, any input on that?

I also have been looking at your Sampler Pack reviews also. Was Malt really good?
    I'm currently running a sponsored log in the supps section for ON's variety pack.. their chocolate Malt is SOOO GOOD!!

PVL has a GREAT Vanilla ice cream, cookies n cream, and PB Choc is delish also!!

only 3-4 cubes?? I use quite a bit of ice..i like mine thick likea milkshake

Well I would start w/ a very small amount.. 1 tsp** NOT TBSP.. haha.. see how it goes!
    Well, in my PRE workout shake with the Probolic SR, it has no need for more than 3-4 ice cubes to make it thick, DEF try Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough if your into milkshake flavored protein shakes!!!!!, but with my ON whey PWO, I use 3/4 cup milk and around 1-1.5 cups of ice, and it still is no good

good job xantham man
    wtf?

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Agree its useless and should not be used with anyone with any past or present ED's

@teamchampion

POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

good job xantham man
    wait, what do you mean, I read your post? Im saying I don't get full to easy and I don't thick it will effect me. I too eat a lot of calorie dense foods during the day.

Well, in my PRE workout shake with the Probolic SR, it has no need for more than 3-4 ice cubes to make it thick, DEF try Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough if your into milkshake flavored protein shakes!!!!!, but with my ON whey PWO, I use 3/4 cup milk and around 1-1.5 cups of ice, and it still is no good
    Interesting.. I'd say less milk more ice I have a magic bullet, and if you don't have one.. you should buy one Best thing ever for shakes!

wait, what do you mean, I read your post? Im saying I don't get full to easy and I don't thick it will effect me. I too eat a lot of calorie dense foods during the day.
    ya ok, what do i know anyway, im never right

ya ok, what do i know anyway, im never right
    Im not saying that.

lol, I would just like a thick post workout shake

Originally Posted by Sixpack View Post
    Agree its useless and should not be used with anyone with any past or present ED's
    The man himself is here Hi Sixer

Interesting.. I'd say less milk more ice I have a magic bullet, and if you don't have one.. you should buy one Best thing ever for shakes!
    I have one, I use a blender instead though. You think 1/2 cup water or milk with a ton of ice will work better?

Originally Posted by Sixpack View Post
    Add less liquid if you want thicker shakes

^^^ What he said

I have one, I use a blender instead though. You think 1/2 cup water or milk with a ton of ice will work better?
    Yes.. less milk/water, more ice.. blend the hell out of it.. see the consistency, then add more liquid if needed. 1tsp of xantham gum and it comes out fluffly, thick, and icy.. your good to go!

Thats right honey
    The man himself is here Hi Sixer
    @teamchampion

POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Ok SibreK, re-read your message a few times, is this what your getting at?

If you try to eat non-calorie dense foods and use products like xanthan gum, it only stretches out your stomach more, which means you need more food in you to feel hungry. BUT if you are sticking to calorie dense foods, your stomach will react differently to smaller amounts, which means your stomach is smaller, and less food can achieve less hunger??

Ok.. xantham gum- it's not like your eating HUGE quantities of it.. your only using 1tsp at the most.. it's not going to stretch your stomach out.

Your only using it for post workout shake because you want them thick...

Just make your shake how you want using what you want