Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    djitalianice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djitalianice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djitalianice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djitalianice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djitalianice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djitalianice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djitalianice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djitalianice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djitalianice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djitalianice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djitalianice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What size shirts do you wear?

For real... especially button down shirts.

I used to be a size Extra Large before working out (~235lbs). Lost weight and got down to ~187lbs so a size Medium shirt. Then I gained around 10lbs of muscle and lost some fat (~195lbs). And now all the shirts I bought as Medium are too small.

They fit nice around the waist, but I can't move my shoulders or back or arms up or the shirt restricts movement. This never used to be a problem. I've just been wearing t-shirts and polo's cause they stretch, but i can't wear button downs at all...

Does anyone else have this problem? It's like I need a XL on top and a medium or large size at the bottom, or the shirt kinda sags.

Mod Hated My Prev Title b.spencer's Avatar
    b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It happens. For t-shirts, I need a Medium for waist but a large for shoulders, but muscle cut t's to help some. Pants are hell for me to find. 30's fit my waist great, but look painted on. 33's fit my legs, but fall off otherwise.

For button down shirts, go to a good men's clothing store as ask them if if they have "athletic" or "fitted" cut shirts. They are specially made to have wider shoulders and a more narrow waist than a normal cut shirt for any neck size. Banana Republic and Express carry a few casual fitted button downs, and any quality men's suit store will carry fitted plain colored oxfords to wear with coat and tie.
    Last edited by b.spencer; 07-12-2008 at 07:18 AM.
    "You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They'll race behind you. They will stumble; they will fall. But, in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders." Jor-El
    ---
    Kris Gethin's Body By Design, pg. 43/44 (Yes, that s me)

chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chubs001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Every 6 months i need new cloths. Get over it!! Its called bodybuilding hell yeah. I wear a 2x now, and it seems a bit small. Pants are 32x30, but are tight in the legs.
    Any information I give is only fictional and should not be taken seriously.

Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Steven08 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm still really small, so I usually wear mediums in t's and can't find anything that looks good on me when it comes to button-downs other than size small. My waist has gotten quite a bit bigger since I started lifting, so I have had to cut all the waist bands on my shorts so that they fit.lol. I have no money, so it's not like I can just go out and buy more.

ericcasas will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericcasas will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericcasas will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericcasas will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericcasas will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericcasas will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericcasas will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericcasas will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericcasas will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericcasas will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericcasas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here's what you do, bro. Buy a size large and then take it to a tailor to get fitted correctly. I wear a size extra large to fit my top torso but then the bottom looks like a dress. The tailor can take the slack out therefore it fits nice and comfy!!

-E

.devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    even though my frame is small-medium my shoulders will only fit in a large(banana republic) or x-large(aeropostale, american eagle) or xxl(abercrombie)

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When I went jeans shopping after I broke into the 190s I went to try a shirt on. I've always worn XL for as long as I can remember and was wearing 2X when I really packed it on.

I now where I medium! A &^%$#@! medium! And they're not show-off tight!

Button downs I'm at a 15.5 I think.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    large..but after my cut ill drop down to mediums prob
    IG = @ Bmur18 - Follow me and message for reps

**BMBC...MANG!**

rep back 10k+

RussBuss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussBuss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussBuss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussBuss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussBuss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussBuss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussBuss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussBuss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussBuss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussBuss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussBuss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Xtra Large

.devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .devil. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dont understand how anyone with 15-16 in arms can wear a medium.
    its gotto be a large at least

Mod Hated My Prev Title b.spencer's Avatar
    b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000) b.spencer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by .devil. View Post
    I just hate when I go up to a lg or xl how it makes me feel like I'm wearing a damned sail around my waist. In shoulders and arms and chest, L and XL feel a lot better.

The mediums I wear, after a half hour or so, the sleeves stretch and they ride up and sit on top of my biceps. Can be fun when you go to clubs and want to show off, as it acts like a tie off and makes your veins pop and gives the illusion of being bigger than you are. I did try on a kids XL once at A&F just to see if I could. I made it, LOL, but I looked like I was in a lycra compression shirt.

But, one thing I have learned. Some popular stores have changed their sizes up. What was a M 15 years ago is now a S, a L today used to be a medium, and so on. It makes people who are getting fatter feel better. That's why you see XS mens now on a lot of places like AE.
    "You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They'll race behind you. They will stumble; they will fall. But, in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders." Jor-El
    ---
    Kris Gethin's Body By Design, pg. 43/44 (Yes, that s me)

SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    what sucks for me is i need to wear suits everyday for my job, and NOTHING fits.. either is so big in the middle and still looks funky after taking it in from all the seams or its so tight i cant move my hands past 20 degrees.. so usually i wear my suits smaller than what i normally am, that way it looks somewhat like i know how to dress!

as for shirts, i wear a L for a fitted look, or XL for comfort (in the winter i go up to 2XL)

hulkin0ut is on a distinguished road. (+10) hulkin0ut is on a distinguished road. (+10) hulkin0ut is on a distinguished road. (+10) hulkin0ut is on a distinguished road. (+10) hulkin0ut is on a distinguished road. (+10) hulkin0ut is on a distinguished road. (+10) hulkin0ut is on a distinguished road. (+10) hulkin0ut is on a distinguished road. (+10) hulkin0ut is on a distinguished road. (+10) hulkin0ut is on a distinguished road. (+10) hulkin0ut is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    large/extra large
    current powerlifting stats:
    345 bench
    455 squat
    495 deadlift
    1295 total

i owe:

DOC is just really nice. (+1000) DOC is just really nice. (+1000) DOC is just really nice. (+1000) DOC is just really nice. (+1000) DOC is just really nice. (+1000) DOC is just really nice. (+1000) DOC is just really nice. (+1000) DOC is just really nice. (+1000) DOC is just really nice. (+1000) DOC is just really nice. (+1000) DOC is just really nice. (+1000)
    Medium

CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CEO Josh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by djitalianice View Post
    For real... especially button down shirts.

I used to be a size Extra Large before working out (~235lbs). Lost weight and got down to ~187lbs so a size Medium shirt. Then I gained around 10lbs of muscle and lost some fat (~195lbs). And now all the shirts I bought as Medium are too small.

They fit nice around the waist, but I can't move my shoulders or back or arms up or the shirt restricts movement. This never used to be a problem. I've just been wearing t-shirts and polo's cause they stretch, but i can't wear button downs at all...

Does anyone else have this problem? It's like I need a XL on top and a medium or large size at the bottom, or the shirt kinda sags.
    Ironicly i went from a xl at 115 lbs to a med at 150 lbs.

The bigger I get the smaller my shirts do
    Disregard females, acquire currency

Aimahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aimahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aimahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aimahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aimahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aimahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aimahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aimahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aimahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aimahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aimahn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    large but i just like looser feeling clothes in general.

adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I like baggy t shirts so 2 xl

vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vDa is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I wear xxl to the gym, I feel small in it and it gives me motivation to "feel it up" haha, but usually large out on public.
    "Leave your ego at the door"

NASM Certified Personal Trainer

IG - Siberian.beast
    ********.com/Siberian.beast

BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrianMC88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Large shirts in public, medium shirts at the gym.

Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For legs, I have to wear a 36 cause my ass is big from squatting....my legs are 25-26 inches and look good in 34's butway too tight on my ass.

For shirts, XXL 46" chest.

Wisdom15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Wisdom15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Wisdom15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Wisdom15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Wisdom15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Wisdom15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Wisdom15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Wisdom15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Wisdom15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Wisdom15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Wisdom15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Somehow I still fit in mediums, but polos I wear a large in. Sleeves stretch with tshirts, but polo sleeves don't stretch at all.
    "The worst thing I could be is just like everyone else."- Arnold Schwarzenegger.
    ★cVc★
    US Army, Sky Soldier.

creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I go with a 18 1/2" neck x 25" arms, or a 3x in tee's. Got to love it.
    Chris
    Building a Lean Mass SuperHero Body or die trying.

Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10) Smallbigsam is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    medium or large!

Depend but i always get medium t-shirt from here as a free gift since i like tight shirt when i work out so i can see tha pump!

You want it go get it anti-steroids's Avatar
    anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anti-steroids is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i at one time was really heavy
    and had to wear the "big" shirt
    so now that i can wear whatever i want
    i def go for a medium
    or right now im
    sporting
    colored wifebeaters every day

people stare but i have earned the right [through sheer hardwork]to wear whatever i please
    so deal with it!
    "you can always think of many reasons not to do anything. But how many people are willing to search for a reason [a good one] to do something" " in life there are good choices and bad choices and in between there are doors"

youtube channel: www.youtube.com/user/ANTISTEROIDSX2
    exist to inspire!
    greatness is upon you ACT LIKE IT!

Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vai will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Large, Medium is a tight fit (no pun intended) lol
    Even some large shirts are kinda tight fitting, depends on the shirt.

Tx234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    medium

sobeit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sobeit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sobeit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sobeit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sobeit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sobeit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sobeit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sobeit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sobeit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sobeit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sobeit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    medium or large depends because sometimes there to tight or sometimes there to long and go below my ass which is a pain because im only like 5'9

IRISH23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IRISH23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IRISH23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IRISH23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IRISH23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IRISH23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IRISH23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IRISH23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IRISH23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IRISH23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IRISH23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    most of the time a large which is snugf but will look better once i get rid of my gut. but when at home xl shirts are nice to sit in.

train4guns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) train4guns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) train4guns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) train4guns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) train4guns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) train4guns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) train4guns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) train4guns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) train4guns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) train4guns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) train4guns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by .devil. View Post
    My upper arms are almost 16", my work shirts are sized medium and the sleeves are loose. Why? Because my arms are very skinny around the elbow. Probably skinny in a relaxed state as well. Remember if a sleeve on a shirt is 15-16 inches, that doesn't mean your 15-16 inch arm will fill it, because we don't walk around fully flexed.

Saying that, I have some large t-shirts that I fill out easily and the sleeves as well. I have some XL polo shirts that I fit into well, but my arms don't fill the sleeves. My upper arms are thick at the top near the shoulder but you get to the half way point and boom, you look like a skinny twat again.

To look truly big I'd need to have 18-19" arms flexed. 16 inches is ****ing nothing.
    Last edited by train4guns; 07-13-2008 at 02:11 AM.

Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Red9 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Large, or extra large for comfort.