SlySwagga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Does temperature affect fat loss?

Sorry if this has been discussed, cant find the answer in any of these threads. If i walked to the park and back. About two miles lets say. Would i burn the same amount of calories in 95 degree sun as i would in 55 degree cloudy weather?

jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jake1224 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As far as I know, no.

You could do an experiment if you were convinced otherwise, weigh yourself before the walk on a cold day, walk, come back and weigh yourself. Do the same thing on a 90 degree day, weighing yourself before and after. The scale should read lower after you come back on the hot day, because the heat had you sweating out a LOT of water. So water weight, sure. But fat, no.

Although it could be presumed that cardio/exercise in an exceptionally cold environment (40 degrees or lower) would create a more thermogenic effect because your body must work harder to regulate body temperature and function. In that condition, maybe. I may be wrong, but 55-90 like you said would most likely only affect water weight.

Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shr3dJunki3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The difference in calorie burn would be negligible I think. Either way, I wouldnt want to go to the arctic at night or the sahara desert in the afternoon in an attempt to get shredded.
    We all come from humble beginnings.

Studies everywhere tell you everything, listen to your body instead and you'll succeed.

" So you're thinking that you're all that, and then some...man I got news for you..."

Wonderless will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wonderless will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wonderless will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wonderless will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wonderless will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wonderless will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wonderless will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wonderless will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wonderless will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wonderless will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wonderless will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You would be burning more in a heat intensive area, because your heart is going fast enough, that you're burning calories because of it.

SlySwagga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^^^Thank You i thought so. I cant seem to find a decisive answer anywhere online. But it seems perfectly logical for us to burn more calories when its hot outside.

metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I try to workout in as much heat as possible, I lift much better in 80+ degree gym temp vs. A/C 70ish. I run better in 95+ degree vs. 70ish.

I do not know the science around it but the hotter the better imo.
    Life is easy when you take personal responsibility
    MMMC - Assistant to the Assistant of the Secretary of Assistance

I don't do limits.

Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metaethics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not so sure but wouldn't your body burn more calories trying to cool your body down? Just a question.

Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shastic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SlySwagga View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed, cant find the answer in any of these threads. If i walked to the park and back. About two miles lets say. Would i burn the same amount of calories in 95 degree sun as i would in 55 degree cloudy weather?
    Anytime your body needs to warm itself up it takes calories to do so; however the difference over the span of one hour in your example isn't going to be anything noticeable.

mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mminguela is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ive read somewhere that swiming in cold water tends to casue belly fat storage. I think the source claimed since our bodies adapted to the cold temps it wants to store fat to aid it in the warming processes....I dont know the truth behind that...However always try to workout in warmer conditions since it will prob. prevent injury..Cold muscles dont like to be worked, and a warm room would be better.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Logs:
    Flex Freak and Cissus 800!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167154401

Completed
    Capsi Blast Log with Austinp55!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152151613

greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Does Cold Weather Make You Store Body Fat?

"If your body uses some energy for shivering or heat production, it can compensate later for that energy loss by increasing your appetite. Not only that, research at the hyperbaric environmental adaptation program at the Naval Medical Research Institute in Bethesda, Maryland reported: “The combination of exercise and cold exposure does NOT act to enhance metabolism of fats … Cold-induced vasoconstriction of peripheral adipose tissue may account, in part, for the decrease in lipid mobilization.”

It’s just not practical to freeze your butt off in an attempt to speed up your metabolism a tiny little bit, so your fat loss scheme wouldn’t last long if you tried.

A great example of how cold temperatures affect energy balance is in the case of swimming. For years, people thought swimming actually made you fat. There were all kinds of theories, like, “it makes you retain a layer of fat for insulation, like seals.”

Actually, the most recent research shows that swimming is a perfectly good fat burning exercise, except for one thing: Swimming, especially in cold water, increases appetite dramatically."

http://www.thesavvygal.com/author/tom-venuto/