Neo Enigma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo Enigma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo Enigma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo Enigma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo Enigma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo Enigma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Machines Vs. Free Weights

Hey all. Hope you're all doing well. I have run into a sort of predicament. I really only have access to the gym on campus at my university. Most of the workout equipment (if not all) are machines. I know free weights allow greater range of motion and all and are looked at (by many) as the superior equipment for most exercises, but can I still expect the same gains from machines? I mean, if I really work out hard. I'm guessing since the principle of lifting is the same, with hard work I should make gains. So my question is this:

IS only having access to machines going to impede my goal to become larger and more ripped? DOES the static nature of the machines make that big of a difference, as opposed to the dynamic range of motion free weights offer? My GUESS (I'm new to lifting) is that it won't make that big of a difference with hard work, dedication, knowledge and research of the best machine workouts available.

Any helpful, positive feedback will be much appreciated and put to good use. Thanks!

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Free weights should be primary and machines supplementary.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You can definitely achieve your goals with machines as opposed to free weights, but it may take longer, more work, more dedication, more exercises and more creativity on your part. As long as you're commited I wouldn't worry about it too too much, especially since you don't have much of a choice or option B.

josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah, if you work hard you should be ok.

plus, it doesn't seem like you have much of a choice right now, so you'll just have to deal with it.

do they at least have dumbbells or something like that? would it be possible to submit a request to the university?

Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000) Turboboy is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you use the progressive overload principle, it won't matter if you're using machines or free weights. Good luck! At least you have SOMETHING to work out with. lol