redsox3288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cyst wont stop draining!!!

I had a cyst surgically removed about 6 months ago, there is still a small incision hole and puss keeps draining. Any ideas , i no longer have health insurance i am trying to avoid the drs as long as possible.

kdiddy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what color is the pus? been draining the entire time? is it red around the site and have you run fever?

redsox3288 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the puss is a yellowsh color and its not a non stop pussing but occurs each day

RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hydrogen Peroxide? Bacitracin/Anti-biotic ointment? How were you supposed to treat the area post-op? Does it itch? Is it red? I wouldn't mess around if you think you have an infection. Dad had a staph infection in his toe and almost lost it.

What are the symptoms and signs of a Staph infection?

Staphylococcal disease of the skin usually results in a localized collection of pus, known as an abscess, boil, or furuncle. The affected area may be red, swollen, and painful. Drainage or pus is common.
    My recovery journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123572831

kdiddy78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    agreed...a persistant infection could be a little more serious that peroxide and bacitracin ointment. definately go to the md to check it out. you dont want to end up with a hole there

BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Go see a Dr. asap. Don't screw around with a possible infection. It can kill you. Better to spend a couple of bucks on essential medical care rather than become seriously ill or worse.

marcus1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcus1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcus1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcus1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcus1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcus1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcus1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcus1979 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    don't mess around with the cysts. I had three surgeries and a little over three years to recoever from a pilonidal cyst. I ended up testing positive for a form of strep and several other issues. This isn't something to take lightly, especially if it's still draining. See a doc asap... I ended up having close to a 1000 stitches, staples and other exciting medical issues due to a stupid cyst.

carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carl.c is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Don't mess with this get to the emergency room if cash strapped.
    Also call the doctor that did the operation he may be willing to help you.
    I screwed around with something similar, it turned out to be a gram positive bactera. Spent 4 days in the hosbital getting pumped full of I.V. antibodics.
    If I had it treated sooner i woul'nt have a massive discoloration on my calve.

FREAK78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dude contact me asap

Originally Posted by marcus1979 View Post
    don't mess around with the cysts. I had three surgeries and a little over three years to recoever from a pilonidal cyst. I ended up testing positive for a form of strep and several other issues. This isn't something to take lightly, especially if it's still draining. See a doc asap... I ended up having close to a 1000 stitches, staples and other exciting medical issues due to a stupid cyst.
    i have had pilonidal disease because it is a disease by definition and it's bad about to go in for surgery and need advice can you please be kind enough to email me at nyking78@gmail.com i need to ask an actual person that had the surgery a couple of questions instead of just listening to the surgeons recommendations do me a favor and email me please.