Page 105 of 110 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 3297
    vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face Crazy Girl and GHR's

1-minute sprints? I dunno how you walked out alive.

Gotta questions for you. How do you set up you Glute-ham Raises? I used to do them off the Lat Pulldown station, but it never felt quite right. I've also figured out a move using the back extension machine that does stimulate the glute-ham area, but not with nearly enough intensity-- I mean, if I can rep out 20 of those babies while holding a 25# plate, then we know something's not quite right with that setup!

Soooooooooo, I thought, Lemme check in with someone who has a hot booty. Hmmmm? Oh yes, Dawn! Checked out your log, and I see you are doing GHR's! Back to my question at hand. How do you set yours up?

thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thebasil is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking

man dawn your GHRs make me seem like a little boy. STOP!!!!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com

The greatest unhappiness lies in trading what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are a GHR machine!
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Dawn, I can finally relate. After seeing everybodies hardcore leg workouts, I kicked one out. I didn't think it was that great. But when I got up the next morning..ummm....errr....ugh, I was sore as hell. My leggs have not been that sore in years, and still ready to take it up another notch!

Having a good weekend?

MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000) MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000) MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000) MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000) MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000) MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000) MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000) MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000) MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000) MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000) MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000)
    RIIIDICULOUS past few workouts Dawn..
    Hope you're doing well as the holidays come about...
    Train Hard! -
    MawkieMawk

If Debt is the Problem, Why is more debt the solution?

Working on Hoosier 2.0 HoosierHardGain's Avatar
    HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey Dawn. I hope all is well and you're making it through the season well. I can imagine you have quite a full plate with all the extra puppies to walk, getting ready for Christmas day, the daughter, and oh, those incredible Dawn workouts.

Miss ya girl, and hope you're having a Merry Christmas time!

Burning Fat Cells One Rep At A Time

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Merry Christmas, Dawn!
    ~ Penney

Diet * (weights + cardio) = success

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139344213&p=774586483#post774586483

We must be the change we wish to see in the world
    -Ghandi

getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getnfit2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by IronIc View Post
    Merry Christmas, Dawn!

I second that! Merry Christmas!!!

vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HoosierHardGain View Post
    No prob...the kudos are earned!

Are you kidding me??? ONE MINUTE SPRINTS!!! Dawn hunny, you are ON FIRE!!

No wonder your quads were griping at you! Very, very impressive young lady!
    It was an awesome HIIT session for sho!

Originally Posted by edenkat View Post
    hey girlie!! just wanted to stop in and say hi. it's been a while since i journaled and i haven't been to the gym in a week! : stupid cold...but my bday present to myself is going back to the gym.
    Aww, I sure hope you are feeling back to 100% now and back in the gym. I know it truly stinks to be sick and struggle to get thru the day! Happy B-Day girlie! ...I'll go check your journal to see if you're journaling again.

Originally Posted by push_it View Post
    No I'm not back yet. We aren't going to be home until the night of the 29th! We have the internet down here though which has been really nice for keeping in touch with ppl at home. You should go to my journal and check out the pics I posted of my 'gym' lol . It's quite something lol.

GREAT HIIT session! You killed it! Don't you feel amazing after such a great workout. You know that feeling of satusfaction and knowing how hard you pushed yourself?
    I'll def check out those pics...must be a site to see!
    Thank you so much for the workout kudos! Yes, the satisfaction is what gets me thru it some days.

Originally Posted by getnfit2007 View Post
    Good Morning V, hope you have a great day! Its snowing, raining, freezing rain, how could a friday, possibly get any better!...LOL . Just happy I made it to work!!
    Mornin'! Hope today's weather is much better!

Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    The Queen of pain always finds a way to strike, and BAM thats a way to get some bloodflow in those legs. Way to change it up and do work on that HIIT Dawnie.

We have to get a chat in soon before the holidays. Time to catch up ya heard? Hope all is well keep up the hard work in and out of the gym.
    HIIT is awesome...thank goodness someone came up with the "creation" of it!
    I love it in a sick kinda way!

All is well to a degree...just crazy busy and still struggling with my elbow. I'm sure we'll talk soon.

Originally Posted by danabb1 View Post
    Hey Dawn! Just wanted to drop by and say that I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Take care of those aches and pains so you can do it to it!! Don't let it go and continue to nag on you.

I think I'm going to start journaling again after the first of the year. I've done well with keeping my weight down to a good place (about where I was in week 6-8 of contest prep last year) and killing my workouts with my partner. I've just been spending a lot of time reclaiming my life lately. I'm feeling good and have a lot of things worked out now. I need to send you a PM and update!!

Have a great weekend and have some F-U-N!!!

Love ya girlie!!
    D
    Yes, you do need to send me a PM or an email or a phone call...I'd love to hear how things are going for you now and catch up!
    Great to see things are going well and you'll be journaling again soon too!

Love ya too girlie!!

So Dawn, with Christmas coming this week, do you have some yummy treats you are planning to cook up?
    Actually, I have cooked an awful lot the last few days. Lots of cookies (daughter's idea) which were just your basic choc chip, oatmeal choc chip, and peanutbutter. All I did was use the box (actually the mix is in a bag) and change the ingredients that you add (i.e. egg whites instead of eggs, etc).
    I also made the sweet potato casserole that I posted on here around Thanksgiving time (HUGE hit last night at a dinner party we went to).
    I did make a DELISH dinner a couple night's ago that I took pics of and I'll post it and the recipe later. It's CHA friendly I think as well.

SHould be doing more baking/cooking today and tomorrow and I'll post those as well. I'm completely finished shopping so now it's lotsa work and baking/cooking. YAY!
    Here's a link to my journal ..
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109091251

Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die tomorrow.

"Do or Don't, There is NO Try!"

vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vbsunbum1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by vhart07 View Post
    1-minute sprints? I dunno how you walked out alive.

Gotta questions for you. How do you set up you Glute-ham Raises? I used to do them off the Lat Pulldown station, but it never felt quite right. I've also figured out a move using the back extension machine that does stimulate the glute-ham area, but not with nearly enough intensity-- I mean, if I can rep out 20 of those babies while holding a 25# plate, then we know something's not quite right with that setup!

Soooooooooo, I thought, Lemme check in with someone who has a hot booty. Hmmmm? Oh yes, Dawn! Checked out your log, and I see you are doing GHR's! Back to my question at hand. How do you set yours up?
    Yeah, the one minutes sprints kicked my azz! But I'll def throw that HIIT style in again now and then... glutton for punishment I suppose. LOL!

Ok, for GHR's I do them on the lat pulldown station. Probably how you tried them before. I don't use the cable at all. I just brace my feet under the knee bar really tight and hold a plate in my arm and do the exercise. I think the tighter you have your feet secured the better you're able to concentrate on the muscle you need to focus on using (hammies obviously). You will also feel it in the quads and calves inevitably but just try to get that MMC with your hammies and you should feel it.

Oh and thank you very much for the awesome hot booty compliment...XO!!

Originally Posted by thebasil View Post
    man dawn your GHRs make me seem like a little boy. STOP!!!!
    Can't stop...I have work to do...when that one judge that gave me feedback after my competition told me I needed to work on my hamstrings I decided I'm gonna have the BEST lookin' hammies he's ever seen when I hit the stage again!

Originally Posted by FATHER FLEX View Post
    You are a GHR machine!
    A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Hey Dawn, I can finally relate. After seeing everybodies hardcore leg workouts, I kicked one out. I didn't think it was that great. But when I got up the next morning..ummm....errr....ugh, I was sore as hell. My leggs have not been that sore in years, and still ready to take it up another notch!

Having a good weekend?
    Yep, you know exactly what I'm talking about! Great stuff!!!

Originally Posted by MawkieMawk View Post
    RIIIDICULOUS past few workouts Dawn..
    Hope you're doing well as the holidays come about...
    Thank you so much Mark! I'm well...just not so great a far as being able to lift in many days now... making me not a happy camper, but things could be worse so I'm rollin' with it.

Thank you so much for the workout compliment!!

Hey Dawn. I hope all is well and you're making it through the season well. I can imagine you have quite a full plate with all the extra puppies to walk, getting ready for Christmas day, the daughter, and oh, those incredible Dawn workouts.

Miss ya girl, and hope you're having a Merry Christmas time!

Merry Christmas, Dawn!
    I second that! Merry Christmas!!!
    A full plate is a perfect description. I'll post a little update after this post.

Thank you all for thinking of me and for the Merry Christmas Wishes! I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas as well!

FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000)

Ya freaky psycho!!

You'd think you are back in prep the way you are lighting shhhhhh up!!

Keep being it girl!!!

Tues 12/23/08

Tues 12/23/08

Hi everyone! Sorry to be MIA lately! This is always a very busy time of year for me with what I do for a living. I have to load up on all I can right now too as I wayyyyyy overspent on my competition and I need to dig my way out of that...lesson learned, LOL!

I've been doing a lot of baking/cooking as well. I hope to get some of it posted today or tomorrow and on and on. It helps keep me sane...haha!

I've also been kinda down as I just cannot lift weights right now. My left elbow is still hurting but it hurts REALLY bad now. I pushed thru the pain way to much the last few lifting sessions like a dummy and now I'm paying the price. I'm giving it the rest it needs but it hurts just to try to carry a bag of groceries. I can't even straighten it out all the way without 'feeling' it. I haven't gone to the doc yet because I know what he's going to say. Soooo, I've been doing HIIT pretty much every other day for the last couple of workouts and that's it. I need to come up with a workout I can do while on the mend. If anyone has ideas please fire them my way asap...I'm spiraling into withdrawals LOL!
    I have put off talking with Tommy about it while hoping it would get better, but this is obviously not going to happen quickly, so I plan to chat with him today if he's available.

I have been good at keeping my weight in check...still holding it at 123ish. Thank goodness for that!

Well, I'm off to go eat and get changed to head out the door to work. I also have to take my daughter to her orthodontist appointment this afternoon. I'll catch up with you all again later today. I really miss you all VERY MUCH!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Last edited by vbsunbum1; 12-23-2008 at 05:43 AM.

Have a great day Dawn, and if i miss ya tomorow have a safe and Merry Christmas.

HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by vbsunbum1 View Post
    Tues 12/23/08

Hi everyone! Sorry to be MIA lately! This is always a very busy time of year for me with what I do for a living. I have to load up on all I can right now too as I wayyyyyy overspent on my competition and I need to dig my way out of that...lesson learned, LOL!
    And this will be a good lesson for us newbies to know...your experiences are very valuable to us!

I've been doing a lot of baking/cooking as well. I hope to get some of it posted today or tomorrow and on and on. It helps keep me sane...haha!
    Food porn is always good

I've also been kinda down as I just cannot lift weights right now. My left elbow is still hurting but it hurts REALLY bad now. I pushed thru the pain way to much the last few lifting sessions like a dummy and now I'm paying the price. I'm giving it the rest it needs but it hurts just to try to carry a bag of groceries. I can't even straighten it out all the way without 'feeling' it. I haven't gone to the doc yet because I know what he's going to say. Soooo, I've been doing HIIT pretty much every other day for the last couple of workouts and that's it. I need to come up with a workout I can do while on the mend. If anyone has ideas please fire them my way asap...I'm spiraling into withdrawals LOL!
    I have put off talking with Tommy about it while hoping it would get better, but this is obviously not going to happen quickly, so I plan to chat with him today if he's available.
    Take care of that elbow, Dawn...yeah, the ortho will probably say rest it, but will probably also prescribe therapy, which I can understand why that would be problamatic for you. Try and do a search online for elbow tendonitos treatments....and please tell me you are icing it?

And tell Tommy ASAP! I am sure he can whip you up a routine that will help keep you sane

I have been good at keeping my weight in check...still holding it at 123ish. Thank goodness for that!

I really miss you all VERY MUCH!!!
    We miss you, too!

Actually, I have cooked an awful lot the last few days. Lots of cookies (daughter's idea) which were just your basic choc chip, oatmeal choc chip, and peanutbutter.
    Your daughter has very good taste

Please take care of yourself, Dawn! And have a very Merry Christmas!

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

Have a great day Dawn, and if i miss ya tomorow have a safe and Merry Christmas.
    Thank you so much!! I wish you a safe and Merry Christmas too!!

And this will be a good lesson for us newbies to know...your experiences are very valuable to us!

Food porn is always good

Take care of that elbow, Dawn...yeah, the ortho will probably say rest it, but will probably also prescribe therapy, which I can understand why that would be problamatic for you. Try and do a search online for elbow tendonitos treatments....and please tell me you are icing it?

And tell Tommy ASAP! I am sure he can whip you up a routine that will help keep you sane

Thank goodness for that!

We miss you, too!

Your daughter has very good taste

Please take care of yourself, Dawn! And have a very Merry Christmas!
    Yeah, I'm certain that's what the doc would say...just not feasible for me right now. So I'll have to baby it and work around it somehow for a while. Haven't been icing it...thought you only do that when you 'work' it. I'll try it.
    I'll research tendonitis as well...hadn't thought to do that yet.

Hopefully I'll be able to get in touch with Tommy today.

Yeah, my daughter loves the basics when it comes to cookies (YAY) ... she wanted to give them as gifts to her friends so we have been baking fools...so fun!

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Dawn, i just want to say that I have missed you a lot lately, not as many text messages or calls leaves me worried and empty.

Tis the season, and you are a very busy mother, have fun enjoying time with family and friends, keep on baking, and do what you can in the gym in your spare time.

Continue to motivate us to push harder everyday.

At least the QUEEN is still getting through some PAIN on HIIT

semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hope your elbow gets better! I knew something had to be up! Enjoy your Christmas and looking forward to you firing it up in the gym soooooon!
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Plan-Execute-DESTROY

-Mediocrity is NOT an Option-

I'll research tendonitis as well...hadn't thought to do that yet.
    I tell ya, my work with you is never done

For sure ice it when you work it, and doing some extra isn't going to hurt it. If you can handle something like ibuprofen, that woudn't hurt either. My guess is Tommy should have a few tricks up his sleeve to help you out here.

vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vhart07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Awe, boo about the upset elbow! I'm sure if you're a good girl (i.e. you don't force yourself through pain) that your elbow will heal up in no time. I had a very aggravated rotator cuff all last Spring. I trained for MONTHS without doing anything that came close to upsetting it. It sucked not to be able to work the shoulders (oh did it SUCK! ), but in the end my patience paid off. It healed up and now I am able to work these shoulders HARD with ZERO side effects! Be good Dawn. Rest that elbow and continue to enjoy the festivities of the holidays!!!!! Before you know it, this elbow-thing will be a thing of the past!

IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IronIc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Gaaaa! Injuries suck!

Definitely take care of the elbow! You run a dog sitting biz, right? Don't let the doggies pull on your elbow when you are walking them, lol!
    ~ Penney

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139344213&p=774586483#post774586483

-Ghandi

Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    Dawn, i just want to say that I have missed you a lot lately, not as many text messages or calls leaves me worried and empty.

Tis the season, and you are a very busy mother, have fun enjoying time with family and friends, keep on baking, and do what you can in the gym in your spare time.

Continue to motivate us to push harder everyday.

At least the QUEEN is still getting through some PAIN on HIIT
    Yes, it's my busiest time of the year right now...and the worst of it hasn't begun...I am the busiest starting the day after Xmas this year all the way thru Jan 4.

I'm doing my best to keep up the craziness in the gym, but sadly I pushed limits a bit too much/too far. ...Queen of HIIT will be a continual madness for me for a while as well as modified workouts.

Originally Posted by semper27 View Post
    Hope your elbow gets better! I knew something had to be up! Enjoy your Christmas and looking forward to you firing it up in the gym soooooon!
    Thank you so much! Yeah, you probably have a very good understanding of where my head is right now after dealing with your shoulder.
    Christmas will be wonderful! I wish you a wonderful Christmas too!

I tell ya, my work with you is never done

For sure ice it when you work it, and doing some extra isn't going to hurt it. If you can handle something like ibuprofen, that woudn't hurt either. My guess is Tommy should have a few tricks up his sleeve to help you out here.
    I went to the doc this afternoon... doc said to apply heat vs. icing it.
    He gave me some samples for pain relief of some sort as well...I gotta look at the box again to be able to tell you what it is. Yes, hopefully Tommy will give me a bag of tricks and get my tail back to something besides a cardio machine, LOL!

Originally Posted by vhart07 View Post
    Awe, boo about the upset elbow! I'm sure if you're a good girl (i.e. you don't force yourself through pain) that your elbow will heal up in no time. I had a very aggravated rotator cuff all last Spring. I trained for MONTHS without doing anything that came close to upsetting it. It sucked not to be able to work the shoulders (oh did it SUCK! ), but in the end my patience paid off. It healed up and now I am able to work these shoulders HARD with ZERO side effects! Be good Dawn. Rest that elbow and continue to enjoy the festivities of the holidays!!!!! Before you know it, this elbow-thing will be a thing of the past!
    I'm doing all I can, but cardio only is just not an option I'm willing to partake in...I'll be far more careful and hopefully Tommy will keep me going without having to lose much muscle in the process.
    Thank you so much for the pep talk ... you are so awesome girl!

Gaaaa! Injuries suck!

Definitely take care of the elbow! You run a dog sitting biz, right? Don't let the doggies pull on your elbow when you are walking them, lol!
    Yeah...I just hold the leash with my other hand/arm ... and hope the pup doesn't pull much, LOL!

went to the doc...

Ok, I spoke to Tommy and he said he really needed me to see a doctor to determine if it's a tear or just a strained tendon in order to determine what level we needed to change my workouts to and possibly my cardio and calories as well. Sooooo, I took a chance this afternoon in hopes that the doc in the box wouldn't be too busy and luckily there was only one person ahead of me. The doc determined that it is tendinitis based on my description of how this came about and where the origin of the pain is in my elbow. He told me to apply heat 2-3 times a day and take the prescription he gave me or ibuprofen (which is fine for me to take but not for lenthy periods of time due to only having one kidney). He said he is 99% sure it is tendinitis but I would need an MRI to be sure it's that and not a tear...but he's be astounded if it's a tear. He set up an appt for me to go to an ortho on Jan 5th but I'll most likely cancel that because he's thinking the ortho is most likely going to give me a cortisone shot of send me on my merry way...ummm, NOT! I'd rather baby my elbow than get that shot!
    He did take 2 X-rays and said that everything he can see on them looks great. So, if it stays bad or gets worse I'll go to the ortho ...if it the pain continues to ease up, I'm not going to one.

I shot a text to Tommy a little while ago to let him know how things went with the doctor. He's busy getting ready for the holidays just as we all are, so I may not know what the new workout/diet protocol (if need be) will be right away. Hopefully soon. I'll update in here as soon as I know.

Thank you all so much for the encouragement!!!

Stay strong despite the setback, we all know how frustrating it has to be to know that this could play a huge part on your upcoming trainer and limiting you to certain exercises despite the tendonitis

It was a great phone conversation we had today Dawn, it was great to hear your voice for the first time in forever. I am wishing you and your family the best over the holidays, and make sure you lay back a little bit on the homemade cookies and desserts!

Take care

MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000) MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000) MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000) MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000) MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000) MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000) MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000) MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000) MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000) MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000) MawkieMawk is just really nice. (+1000)
    Happy Holidays, my favorite BB.com MILF.
    Train Hard! -
    MawkieMawk

If Debt is the Problem, Why is more debt the solution?

Soooo glad you were able to make it to a doctor to get it checked. Honestly, ignoring it wasn't going to be the best course of action. And duh, I should have known heat would be better *slaps self on the forehead*

For sure keep babying it...don't need to make it worse!

Have a great Christmas Dawn! Maybe Santa will bring you a better elbow

Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000) Young9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Merry Christmas Babygirl...
    TEAM NO CRYING

Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carlito99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dawn, how's everything going? How do you like training with Tommy?
    Team 3DMJ:
    www.3DMuscleJourney.com

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132849153

Merry Christmas Dawn
    ~ Penney

-Ghandi

Thumbs up

Glad I could chat it up with ya yesterday Dawn!

have a very merry christmas, and watch out for all them cookies !

Page 105 of 110 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 ... LastLast