unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is it ok to eat 70 grams of protein in a single meal? or would some prot turn to fat?

Hello everybody, is it ok to eat 70 grams of protein in a single meal? or would some of that protein turn to fat? Because i've read 2 schools of thoughts, in protein. Some people say it's ok to eat 80 grams of protein while others claim that the body can only digest between 30 grs. and 40 grs. per meal. And any more protein grams than 40, would turn to fat.

But i don't understand, because 70 grams of protein is only about 300 little calories, and i don't think that 300 little calories are fattening at all for a single meal.

I mean isn't it ok to eat a protein only meal of 70 to 80 grams of protein (300 calories)?

MY BREAKFAST PROTEIN PANCAKE:

4 oz. of egg beaters 50 calories 12 gr protein
    1/2 cup of water 0 calories 0 gr protein
    1 scoop of soy protein 100 calories 25 gr of protein
    1 scoop of whey protein 100 calories 25 gr protein
    2 slice of fat-free cheese 50 calories 10 gr protein

TOTAL GRAMS OF PROTEIN: 72 GRAMS
    TOTAL CALORIES: 300 CALORIES

unsoberx
    Last edited by unsoberx; 07-09-2008 at 08:08 AM.
    "It is nature that sets off in one class those who are chiefly intellectual, in another those who are marked by muscular strength and temperament, and in a third those who are distinguished in neither one way or the other, but show only mediocrity. The last-named represents the great majority." -The Antichrist, Sect 57

jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pretty sure (depending on body weight) I've heard there really isn't a point to consuming anymore then 50-60 grams tops because the body can only absorb so much at one time.
    KettleBURN Fitness and Personal Training
    CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1)

ultragymrat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ultragymrat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ultragymrat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ultragymrat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ultragymrat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ultragymrat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ultragymrat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ultragymrat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ultragymrat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ultragymrat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ultragymrat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    nope. 50 max
    Buck Fifty or Bust!

current stack:

NitroTech Hardcore
    BodyFortress SuperAdvanced
    TwinLab AminoFuel 1000
    Twinlab Ripped Fuel
    and good ol' Green Tea

Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100)
    You really should spread out the protein absorption over the whole day.

Fat Loss Hedge Fund The_Contrarian's Avatar
    The_Contrarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Contrarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Contrarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Contrarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Contrarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Contrarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Contrarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Contrarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Contrarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Contrarian will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Contrarian will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Flair4TheGold View Post
    You really should spread out the protein absorption over the whole day.
    X2....
    "Current trades: Shorting fat, going long on muscle"

MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000) MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000) MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000) MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000) MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000) MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000) MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000) MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000) MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000) MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000) MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think it all depends on what type of protein you take. I'm talking mainly whey vs casein. I take a combination of both and usually do 60 grams per serving. You'll burn the whey off much faster than the casein.
    Chicago Crew

"ITS OK MIKE"

thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000) thugluv is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jcosley View Post
    Pretty sure (depending on body weight) I've heard there really isn't a point to consuming anymore then 50-60 grams tops because the body can only absorb so much at one time.
    Your body can absorb way more than 60g at a time. The digestive system is rarely even used at 20% capacity.
    I rape back.
    If you were half as good as me you'd be close to perfection.
    "Shortcuts are for pussies. You need to work your ass off." - Brock Lesnar

unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks everybody for replies: However i will be honest. I think that ingesting 70 grams of protein per meal is not good for the mind either. I felt so sluggish after i took 70 grams. I don't know why but i felt like lethargic and weird. I think that 50 or 60 grams of protein a meal is ok, but anymore than that makes you feel sluggish.

I think it might be from the excess of the hormone glucagon released as a response to a large amount of protein in a single meal

unsoberx

Originally Posted by thugluv View Post
    Your body can absorb way more than 60g at a time. The digestive system is rarely even used at 20% capacity.
    "It is nature that sets off in one class those who are chiefly intellectual, in another those who are marked by muscular strength and temperament, and in a third those who are distinguished in neither one way or the other, but show only mediocrity. The last-named represents the great majority." -The Antichrist, Sect 57

Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by unsoberx View Post
    Hello everybody, is it ok to eat 70 grams of protein in a single meal? or would some of that protein turn to fat? Because i've read 2 schools of thoughts, in protein. Some people say it's ok to eat 80 grams of protein while others claim that the body can only digest between 30 grs. and 40 grs. per meal. And any more protein grams than 40, would turn to fat.

But i don't understand, because 70 grams of protein is only about 300 little calories, and i don't think that 300 little calories are fattening at all for a single meal.

I mean isn't it ok to eat a protein only meal of 70 to 80 grams of protein (300 calories)?

MY BREAKFAST PROTEIN PANCAKE:

4 oz. of egg beaters 50 calories 12 gr protein
    1/2 cup of water 0 calories 0 gr protein
    1 scoop of soy protein 100 calories 25 gr of protein
    1 scoop of whey protein 100 calories 25 gr protein
    2 slice of fat-free cheese 50 calories 10 gr protein

TOTAL GRAMS OF PROTEIN: 72 GRAMS
    TOTAL CALORIES: 300 CALORIES

unsoberx
    read the last few pages of the pre-during-post workout nutrition thread, lots of relevant posts on this topic.