djwalt49 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Losing Weight but not FAT???

I have a question, I've been eating healthy for the past two months now and doing cardio almost every day for 20 min or so. I'm losing weight but not body fat. What am I losing? I have a scale that measures body fat and weight, could the scale be wrong. I'm starting to see some cuts in my stomach and arms but my body fat is the same. Why is that?

Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wouldent trust the scale.

Go get measured by a doc.

Oh, and it is possible to lose muscle instead of just fat.

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds like a tanita type scale, the problem with these devices is that they work on electronic impulses and the amount of time they take to travel a certain distance, this time is then used to determine your BF%. Now the problem with this is that various things can affect the time it takes an impulse to travel eg hydration level, electrolyte levels, neurotransmitter levels, so they can be somewhat inaccurate, at best a general guide to see if you composition is changing.

I would say that if your seeing results, then the scale is showing its faults (does it even take height into account?). Best way to do it would be to have a caliper test done, then another one whenever and see if you are actually experiencing a change which it sounds like you are.

chitownlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I noticed the exact same thing with my BF. I have a Tanita scale as well and it does measure height. It is however a good for a general idea. I noticed when I increased my cardio to 30min my BF did go down. Perhaps you need to increase cardio and increase your calories. 20 min may not be enough and you should increase intensity in your workout.