Registered User NoRetreatNoSurrender's Avatar
    NoRetreatNoSurrender has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NoRetreatNoSurrender has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NoRetreatNoSurrender has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Best Cardio Routine

wut is the best cardio for weight loss
    StevenNoda

*Train Like A Freak and Eat Like A King*

2008 Bench Press (14 year old): 75 lbs Max
    2010 Bench Press (16 years old): 145 lbs Max
    2012 Bench Press (18 years old): 225 lbs Max

2011 Dead Lift: 250 lbs Max
    2012 Dead Lift: 425 lbs Max

skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    From what I've heard, running back and forth in your room.

Really though, depends on what you have available. The key is being in your target heart rate zone for at a minimum of 20 mintues per session.

NoRetreatNoSurrender has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NoRetreatNoSurrender has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NoRetreatNoSurrender has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by skarotum View Post
    From what I've heard, running back and forth in your room.

Really though, depends on what you have available. The key is being in your target heart rate zone for at a minimum of 20 mintues per session.
    yea a'ight i here ya
    StevenNoda

Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The best cardio routine is the doing the type of cardio that you will be able to do the longest and enjoy the most.

I can say HIIT sprints are the best method of fat loss but if someone HATES sprinting and doing HIIT and does it once every 2 weeks they will get SMOKED by someone who enjoys walking and is walking 6x a week for 45 minutes. Catch my drift? Do what you enjoy and that you will be able to stick with.
    I've still got a lot to learn.

Originally Posted by Khryz View Post
    The best cardio routine is the doing the type of cardio that you will be able to do the longest and enjoy the most.

I can say HIIT sprints are the best method of fat loss but if someone HATES sprinting and doing HIIT and does it once every 2 weeks they will get SMOKED by someone who enjoys walking and is walking 6x a week for 45 minutes. Catch my drift? Do what you enjoy and that you will be able to stick with.
    so your pretty much saying if u do HIIT sprinting do it everyday
    and for how long(each run+should i stay on it)??
    StevenNoda

heshstamps26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heshstamps26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heshstamps26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heshstamps26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    remember the difference between weight loss and fat loss. I think what you want is fat loss... i don't think i know anyone that wants to lose any lean muscle. The key to fat loss is doing a cardiovascular exercise for a duration of longer than 20 minutes. Walking, Jogging, Running, Bike, whatever gets your heart rate up. The first 20 minutes of an exercise you glycogen is what is used for energy after that your body switches over to fat which is a better source of energy for a long period of time. A healthy amount of fat loss is 1-2 lbs a month continue to eat healthy and you should be lean in no time!

Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by stevennoda View Post
    so your pretty much saying if u do HIIT sprinting do it everyday
    and for how long(each run+should i stay on it)??
    Actually that is not what I'm saying at all. If you do prefer and enjoy HIIT sprints I would only do a session 2-3 times a week as they are very intense and your body needs time to recover from them just like it does with a weight training session. The lower the intensity of an exercise the more often you can do it, which is why I said you can walk 6-7x a week because it's very low impact and has a very small impact on recovery and your nervous system (contrary to HIIT).

All I was saying is pick the cardio that you prefer and do that instead of doing something that might be better to do but that you hate.
    I've still got a lot to learn.

ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by heshstamps26 View Post
    remember the difference between weight loss and fat loss. I think what you want is fat loss... i don't think i know anyone that wants to lose any lean muscle. The key to fat loss is doing a cardiovascular exercise for a duration of longer than 20 minutes. Walking, Jogging, Running, Bike, whatever gets your heart rate up. The first 20 minutes of an exercise you glycogen is what is used for energy after that your body switches over to fat which is a better source of energy for a long period of time. A healthy amount of fat loss with minimal muscle loss is 1-2 lbs a month continue to eat healthy and you should be lean in no time!
    Fixed and...

/End of thread

Repped

abefroman35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abefroman35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abefroman35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abefroman35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abefroman35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abefroman35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) abefroman35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    HIIT is the best for fat-loss and keeping your muscle, and there are a ton of articles on it which is far better written than what I am writing now, so go read. Even if you dont do it for the set in stone, 20 minutes!!! it is still ok. better to do cardio for 10 or 15 mintues than none at all, but anyways. Because actually after a while, if you do not have enough carbs and extra fuel in your system your body will use your muscles for energy (not fat which is what most people think).

Get a jump rope and start training with it, and doing hiit sprints and stair climbs and hill climbs, all at intervals (ie. 1 minutes high intensity and then 2 minutes moderate to slow intensity, hence HIIT, High Intensity Interval Training) but i would only do them for 30-45 minutes TOPS, to keep that muscle you already have.

also I have heard and read alot about doing steady state cardio pre or post workout for 10-20 minutes, but I have never done this so I cannot tell you right from wrong with that. Personally I like to use all my energy for my lifting, and I am usually to drained to go do cardio for 15 minutes.

I do use a jump rope every other time after I train and I like it alot, it has made me faster. Yet I can not say if I have lost weight because of it because my diet is my main fat loss factor. But I do like 3 sets of 150 reps, resting only to go get some water and come back. I do 50 (both feet off the ground) 50 (alternate feet) 50 (double alternate feet ie 1-1-2-2-1-1-2-2) and then I go all out with doubles and and stuff until I mess up, then start all over. Sorry that this is like an essay, but I am in a writing mood, peace bro

O and Diet is truly the main factor in losing fat and gaining muscle. So go read some Nutrition articles as well.