mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000)

importance of bedtime meal?

really, how important is it for a powerlifter to eat before bed? i understand what to eat, but do i relly need to? i am in the middle of a financial nightmare (every see the movie "the money pit"?) and i have to find ways to cut back or i'm gonna sink. so please give your thoughts/links/whatever on nightime mealing or general supplementation (bare bones for PLing). what does a PLer NEED to supp with? thanks guys.
    i rep back.

alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10) alottaboost is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    a good casein protein (2 scoops) is really all you need to continually feed your body protein while you sleep. it's like $40 for a decent 2 gal jug (optimum is what i use).

hates you, probably. PotKettleBlack's Avatar
    PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Milk.
    BRB' Projectile Vomitin'

Alpha Beard Crew!

Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I would say that it is pretty darn important given the stress we put on our bodies, plus we need to keep our weight up (most of the time).

But I mean if you are financially hurting, how important are supplements? Not very. You may not make the very best gains as you could have if you could afford them, but it's not worth losing your house over.

ThomasAnthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThomasAnthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThomasAnthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThomasAnthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThomasAnthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThomasAnthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThomasAnthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThomasAnthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThomasAnthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThomasAnthony is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThomasAnthony is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    principally the logic is you burn less calories well you sleep so most of its converted to fat which adds to your ilb. Plus, a high dose of protien at night will encourage muscle to regenerate faster (recovery time)

taking BCAA before sleep may be the better cheaper alternative for you though...
    Trying to become a big fat dynamos
    ezekiel 25:17
    I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000) mangiventofly is just really nice. (+1000)
    well dude you see i've priced it outand whether i get the calories through supps like a gainer or through real food, it costs about the same. so in cutting back, i'm probably gonna lose some caloreis. i'm trying to figure out the least detrimental way to do so. if i cut out the gainer, there's NO WAY i'll get the same out of food. at least not healthy food. i already take a nightime protein, but i guess i was trying to decide whether to KEEP taking it or not.
    i rep back.

Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crewpierce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ThomasAnthony View Post
    principally the logic is you burn less calories well you sleep so most of its converted to fat which adds to your ilb. Plus, a high dose of protien at night will encourage muscle to regenerate faster (recovery time)

taking BCAA before sleep may be the better cheaper alternative for you though...
    It largly depends on what you eat at night that determines if it will be fat gain or not. If you binge eat or eat a ton of carbs at night, yes it will be stored as fat. If you eat protein and some good fats however, it will be used more for recovery/immune system functions.

Originally Posted by mangiventofly View Post
    well dude you see i've priced it outand whether i get the calories through supps like a gainer or through real food, it costs about the same. so in cutting back, i'm probably gonna lose some caloreis. i'm trying to figure out the least detrimental way to do so. if i cut out the gainer, there's NO WAY i'll get the same out of food. at least not healthy food. i already take a nightime protein, but i guess i was trying to decide whether to KEEP taking it or not.
    ah gotcha well then i would say to focus on getting your protein pre and post workout first and then protein when you wake up followed by night time. Thats the order i put it in anyway.

PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500) PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500) PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500) PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500) PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500) PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500) PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500) PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500) PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500) PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500) PrincessSparkle is not very helpful. (-500)
    gives you slow diegesting protein throughout the night...cottage cheese is one of the best options.

ok i see the logic. typically, i work out very early like 30-45 minutes after waking. so pre workout IS morning. i think i'll just switch to milk. the type of protein i take at night is the dymatize 12 hour. i get it for $37 and it is like 60 servings, so it lasts a while. hard to beat that, even with milk, but milk (10 oz servings) would be about 10-15 bucks cheaper a month. make sense? any better ideas? thanks crew, i appreciate the help you're giving. i'd rep you but i don't know how or even if i can!?
    i rep back.

ok i see the logic. typically, i work out very early like 30-45 minutes after waking. so pre workout IS morning. i think i'll just switch to milk. the type of protein i take at night is the dymatize 12 hour. i get it for $37 and it is like 60 servings, so it lasts a while. hard to beat that, even with milk, but milk (10 oz servings) would be about 10-15 bucks cheaper a month. make sense? any better ideas? thanks crew, i appreciate the help you're giving. i'd rep you but i don't know how or even if i can!?
    Haha all good man I'm not entirely sure how the rep thing works as well.

Make sure you get a good amount of protein when you wake-up! The first 20grams of protein all goes toward your immune system booting back up so you need 50+ grams in the morning.

By the way with regards to your milk, you need the full fat type. I could list a bunch of reasons why but basically it comes down to very poor absorption of nutrients in 2% and skim milk.

SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Id say the cheapest thing you can have before bed if your on a budget would just be a glass or two of milk and some peanut butter or some nuts

Steve943 is not very helpful. (-500) Steve943 is not very helpful. (-500) Steve943 is not very helpful. (-500) Steve943 is not very helpful. (-500) Steve943 is not very helpful. (-500) Steve943 is not very helpful. (-500) Steve943 is not very helpful. (-500) Steve943 is not very helpful. (-500) Steve943 is not very helpful. (-500) Steve943 is not very helpful. (-500) Steve943 is not very helpful. (-500)
    really, how important is it for a powerlifter to eat before bed? i understand what to eat, but do i relly need to? i am in the middle of a financial nightmare (every see the movie "the money pit"?) and i have to find ways to cut back or i'm gonna sink. so please give your thoughts/links/whatever on nightime mealing or general supplementation (bare bones for PLing). what does a PLer NEED to supp with? thanks guys.
    Very important!! All powerlifters and bodybuilders take in protein right before going to sleep then drink a protein shake when they wake up to go to the bathroom. If you don't that's 8+ hours your muscles are going without protein and your body does most of its growing while your asleep. If you had the money before you go to sleep drink a casein [not whey] shake and then eat some eggs [mostly egg whites] and when you wake up to go to the bathroom drink another casein shake then your first full meal after waking up should have a lot of protein and carbs. But since your cutting back try eating 3 whole eggs and 6 egg whites before bed with water. That would be 39.6g protein [egg whites have 3.6g each, 88 BV value, whole eggs have 6g each, 100 BV value].

"what does a PLer NEED to supp with? thanks guys."

Weight gainers mixed with whole milk before working out.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/sm.html
    Serious Mass

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/pvl/mutantmass.html
    Mutant Mass

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/tl/super.html
    Twinlabs Super Gainers Fuel Pro

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/weid/mega.html
    Weider Giant Mega Mass 4000

They are expensive though. Scot Mendelson takes in 6,000 calories of his 12,000 daily from weight gainers. Ryan Kennelly says he drinks high calorie shakes every hour and a half at 9-10 meals a day and awhile ago he said he was eating 8 meals a day with 4 being weight gainers.
    Last edited by Steve943; 07-08-2008 at 02:01 PM.
    I would rather live an interesting 50 years than a dull 80.
    - Mariusz Pudzianowski

THEY SHOULD BE LEGAL. Do what you want! When it comes teens then it's a no-no! Society doesn't make sense. Steroids are a waste of tax dollars. Especially when we have guys blowing up buildings. It's just ridiculous...And they want to deal with steroids?!
    - Quincy Taylor

t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000)
    may want to check the proteins bioavalibilty.I believe eggs are highest, followed by,protein powders(this depends on manufacture), milk ect.It's been a while since I have used powders so check out first

muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000) muscle_g is just really nice. (+1000)
    A good cheap protein alternative before bed

2 cups of 2% Milk
    4 eggs
    Honey

Blend these togeather tastes like sweet milk. It's high in prtein and low carbs.
    Best lifts
    615sq/450bp/500dl Multi ply
    550sq/400bp/510dl Single ply
    425sq/305bp/485dl Raw

db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) db2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how many hours/minutes before bed is ideal to to a casein shake?
    I am worried the disgestion will keep me awake at night

D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I eat one can of tuna,bowl of cottage cheese and a glass of milk.
    LUCIFER IS MY TRAINING PARTNER.
    ....BENT ROWS TO GROW:)

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by db2000 View Post
    For me it is the last thing I do before brushing my teeth/taking my contacts out nad going to bed. Usually with 12 oz of chocolate whole milk and maybe even a granola bar or banana depending on how long its been since I ate.

In my experience digesting food aids sleep, not the other way around (indigestion notwithstanding!).

I am not a very sound sleeper. I usually wake up at least once at night. Often I go to the bathroom and drink yet more water and I have even taken to having one (12 oz) glass of chocolate whole milk whenever I wake up during the night.

t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by db2000 View Post
    I think the main problem here would be over indulgence.Experiment:start small and slowly increase.Some proteins digest easily others don't Ask around

KyGunator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KyGunator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KyGunator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KyGunator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KyGunator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KyGunator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KyGunator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KyGunator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KyGunator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KyGunator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KyGunator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    the key for me is a small amount, or i will be up with gas and indigestion all night. Best is milk & pb; cot cheese just doesn't sit well when trying to sleep.
    My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106385041
    Winning the war against skinny-fat genetics since '06.

STATS
    Bench: 560 lbs (belt) (straps) (anti-gravitational device)
    Squat: 1200 lbs (space suit & 2 inch ROM)
    Deadlift: 135 lbs (/w safety helmet)
    Tricep kickback: 225 lbs per arm (straps & help from spotter to swing the weight)

vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i sip on scivation's XTEND (BCAA'S) throughout the night (as i wake up 5-10 times)

8-10 scoops a day keep dat dere fibres happy.....
    SCIVATION XTEND...... 8-10 scoops a-day make the fibras happy!!!!!!

check my bodyspace blog.....

learn how to squat right SQUAT RX
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq8CWv8UPAI&mode=related&search=

AlanBest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, I drink 3/4 gal. of 2% milk and take 80g. of flax oil... trust me cheap and will hold you threw the night. This is 1800-2200 cal. dependent on how much milk you drink, and this way you don't have to wake up at night. In addition you should be sleeping 8-10 hours a night, I try to shoot for an average of 9.

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ThomasAnthony View Post

Not true. If you're in a calorie deficit, it doesn't matter how much you eat pre-bed.

Originally Posted by Crewpierce View Post
    It largly depends on what you eat at night that determines if it will be fat gain or not. If you binge eat or eat a ton of carbs at night, yes it will be stored as fat. If you eat protein and some good fats however, it will be used more for recovery/immune system functions.
    Again, it depends. You can binge on Pretzels if you want but if you remain below maintenance, you won't gain a lbs.

Originally Posted by Steve943 View Post
    "what does a PLer NEED to supp with? thanks guys."

Weight gainers mixed with whole milk before working out.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/sm.html
    Serious Mass

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/pvl/mutantmass.html
    Mutant Mass

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/tl/super.html
    Twinlabs Super Gainers Fuel Pro

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/weid/mega.html
    Weider Giant Mega Mass 4000

They are expensive though. Scot Mendelson takes in 6,000 calories of his 12,000 daily from weight gainers. Ryan Kennelly says he drinks high calorie shakes every hour and a half at 9-10 meals a day and awhile ago he said he was eating 8 meals a day with 4 being weight gainers.
    You should be able to make your own shake for cheaper and they would certainly contain less crapp like sugar and soy oil.
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AlanBest View Post
    Well, I drink 3/4 gal. of 2% milk and take 80g. of flax oil... trust me cheap and will hold you threw the night. This is 1800-2200 cal. dependent on how much milk you drink, and this way you don't have to wake up at night. In addition you should be sleeping 8-10 hours a night, I try to shoot for an average of 9.
    how the hell can you drink 3/4 of a gallon of milk before bed and not wake up to pee
    Consistency

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Code_B View Post
    how the hell can you drink 3/4 of a gallon of milk before bed and not wake up to pee
    Yeah I don't get how that is possible either...

i usually have about 13-15 OUNCES of liquid before bed and after 7 hours of sleep, my bladder wakes me up.
    i rep back.