hattrickinc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A trainer told me:

that in order to lose fat, I must do 60 min of cardio a day.

He said that I can do:

treadmill -> 20 min
    bike -> 20 min
    eleptical -> 20 min

and THEN move onto my hour or so of strength training..

Is that too much for a days work? I'm worried that I'll be too fatigued after the 60 min to even start my lifting..

yay or nay?

tronman5k is on a distinguished road. (+10) tronman5k is on a distinguished road. (+10) tronman5k is on a distinguished road. (+10) tronman5k is on a distinguished road. (+10) tronman5k is on a distinguished road. (+10) tronman5k is on a distinguished road. (+10) tronman5k is on a distinguished road. (+10) tronman5k is on a distinguished road. (+10) tronman5k is on a distinguished road. (+10) tronman5k is on a distinguished road. (+10) tronman5k is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That sounds ridiculous to me, personally. I know that I wouldnt be able to even touch weights after an hour of cardio honestly. I've also read things that doing cardio before strength training reduces its effectiveness, which I assume is why Ive always seen people lifting first, running second.

luv2dnce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink Not necessarily true

This is not all true because it is not about the length of your cardio sessions, fat burning is about your efforts during your workouts. You can do a 30 minute high intensity cardio session followed by a 15 minute medium to low intensity "cool down" session and burn more calories than you would doing a straight 60 minute session on various machines. Also light weights high reps routines contribute to a significant amount of fat burning for the body. Burning fat is not only in the form of long winded cardio sessions. If you keep your heart rate elevated 20 percent past its normal rate you will begin the fat burning process no matter what form of exercises you choose to do. Good Luck.

wizi will become famous soon enough. (+50) wizi will become famous soon enough. (+50) wizi will become famous soon enough. (+50) wizi will become famous soon enough. (+50) wizi will become famous soon enough. (+50) wizi will become famous soon enough. (+50) wizi will become famous soon enough. (+50) wizi will become famous soon enough. (+50) wizi will become famous soon enough. (+50) wizi will become famous soon enough. (+50) wizi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hattrickinc View Post

He said that I can do:

treadmill -> 20 min
    bike -> 20 min
    eleptical -> 20 min

Is that too much for a days work? I'm worried that I'll be too fatigued after the 60 min to even start my lifting..

yay or nay?
    It depends. If you do 60 mins cardio in the morning and weight training in the evening, its acceptable. (maybe your trainer wanted you to do this way).

If you do 60 mins cardio and hit weight training right after that, its probably too much.
    Last edited by wizi; 07-06-2008 at 06:28 AM.

SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Most trainers are shake-n-bake trainers who received a certificate for an 8 hour class or something equally stupid. You have to consider the source when it comes to things like that. Will cardio work? Of course. However, resistance training is paramount to body composition and should always be your first priority.

Many here don't even do cardio. Personally I do cardio 6-7 days a week because I enjoy it, but it's hardly essential to fat loss.

1. Diet
    2. Resistance training
    3. Recovery
    4. Cardio

johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

He said that I can do:

treadmill -> 20 min
    bike -> 20 min
    eleptical -> 20 min

yay or nay?
    What he/she told you isn't nessisarliy bad advice and it's also kind of hard for me or ANYONE here to tell you one way or another with out knowing your goals and body composition. The "general rule of thumb" for burning fat is to have your pulse rate with in it's ATZ for atleast 30-45min.
    You're never too old to be the person that you were meant to be.

hattrickinc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My goal is fat loss, and to reply to one of the responses: he told me to do it everyday, right before my weightlifting.
    He's not my trainer, but a local " bodybuilder / trainer"..

I laugh when people who look horrible try giving u advice, but he looks pretty muscular, which is why I even entertained the thought...

mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mlgray40 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There are many ways to lose fat. The best way is a proper diet. You can accelerate the fat loss with exercise. The best way to exercise will always be debated. My advise is try a way record progress and try a different way and compare what gave you the best results or what you enjoyed doing more. If you dont stick with it or enjoy it is not very effective. For me personally HIIT cardio in the morning for 20 min 3x a week did a pretty good job with a reduced cal diet.
    Mike

BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuckSpin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Turn your body into a fat furnace, aka raise your RMB. 2 of the most straightforward ways to achieve this:

1) Weight/resistance training, and not just 3 sets of 10 each. Lift hard, intense & as heavy as you can control in good form. Try to PR every workout. Compound body movements and supersetting them will add to it.

2) HIIT cardio. 20 minutes of hell 2-3x week will reap huge benefits metabolically & your cardio will get a LOT better. But it should be down right almost beyond one's comprehension of what your body can do. Intense is an understatement.

If you add a healthy diet plan to that you should melt fat big time.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Did this "trainer" ask what your nutrition was like before handing out this little nugget of training advice?

Just about any training method will work but it still comes down to the nutrition. Either set a training goal and allow that to drive nutrition, or set a nutrition goal and allow that to determine what type of training optimizes it.

Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bronkko will become famous soon enough. (+50)

He said that I can do:

treadmill -> 20 min
    bike -> 20 min
    eleptical -> 20 min

yay or nay?
    nay. can it be done like that? sure. but its not optimum.

weights first.
    **disclaimer** the above is only opinion. it contains no capitalization, too much punctuation and (most likely) includes spelling errors.

casumak will become famous soon enough. (+50) casumak will become famous soon enough. (+50) casumak will become famous soon enough. (+50) casumak will become famous soon enough. (+50) casumak will become famous soon enough. (+50) casumak will become famous soon enough. (+50) casumak will become famous soon enough. (+50) casumak will become famous soon enough. (+50) casumak will become famous soon enough. (+50) casumak will become famous soon enough. (+50) casumak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by luv2dnce View Post
    This is not all true because it is not about the length of your cardio sessions, fat burning is about your efforts during your workouts. You can do a 30 minute high intensity cardio session followed by a 15 minute medium to low intensity "cool down" session and burn more calories than you would doing a straight 60 minute session on various machines. Also light weights high reps routines contribute to a significant amount of fat burning for the body. Burning fat is not only in the form of long winded cardio sessions. If you keep your heart rate elevated 20 percent past its normal rate you will begin the fat burning process no matter what form of exercises you choose to do. Good Luck.
    I totaly agree
    I'm moose and I'm awesome!
    week 1: -3
    week 2: -2
    week 3: -2
    week 4: -1
    week 5:-2
    week 6:
    week 7:
    week 8:
    week 9:
    week 10:
    week 11:
    week 12:

BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiGGz28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Scott~ View Post
    Most trainers are shake-n-bake trainers who received a certificate for an 8 hour class or something equally stupid. You have to consider the source when it comes to things like that. Will cardio work? Of course. However, resistance training is paramount to body composition and should always be your first priority.

Many here don't even do cardio. Personally I do cardio 6-7 days a week because I enjoy it, but it's hardly essential to fat loss.

1. Diet
    2. Resistance training
    3. Recovery
    4. Cardio
    i disagree
    my diet and cardio are my main priorities during a cut cycle much more so than lifting ,vice versa for a bulk cycle, and ive had satisfying and consistent results
    thiago alves
    future champ

johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johnrich69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Smile

Originally Posted by luv2dnce View Post
    True, also.............................................. ...........
    You're never too old to be the person that you were meant to be.

Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riffo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You'll have no energy left after an hour of cardio

Bosatsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bosatsu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Totally agree

Originally Posted by Riffo View Post
    You'll have no energy left after an hour of cardio
    I can't agree more here. I've found that I can sustain most of my muscle without pushing my resistance training to the limit. For me, I will wake up, eat breakfast, go workout, and then sometime after lunch I will do my cardio. Most might say this is backwards, but it seems to work for me. You really need to just figure out what your body will respond to in a positive way.

Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100)

He said that I can do:

treadmill -> 20 min
    bike -> 20 min
    eleptical -> 20 min

yay or nay?
    Surprised he didn't try selling you snakeskin oil, I mean, fat burning supplements too.

60 minutes of cardio before even starting strength training screams "i'm not a certified trainer"

NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10)

haha

Man I had a trainer tell me to do no more then 15 minutes of cardio at 24 hour Fit. just hit the weights and got othe gym 6 days a week.

Tried that did not work out so good. I was 34 35% bf I did put on some muscle but only droped a few pounds in months.

Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100) Flair4TheGold is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by NorthernMist View Post
    Man I had a trainer tell me to do no more then 15 minutes of cardio at 24 hour Fit. just hit the weights and got othe gym 6 days a week.

Tried that did not work out so good. I was 34 35% bf I did put on some muscle but only droped a few pounds in months.
    You must've been missing something then. Like a clean diet, not lifting correctly, waiting too long in between sets, etc. Also, it takes time to see results when you're at that level of body fat. Americans are obsessed with getting instant gratification.

NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10) NorthernMist is on a distinguished road. (+10)

haha

Originally Posted by Flair4TheGold View Post
    You must've been missing something then. Like a clean diet, not lifting correctly, waiting too long in between sets, etc. Also, it takes time to see results when you're at that level of body fat. Americans are obsessed with getting instant gratification.
    No Did not miss anything He just did not want to talk to me. He was supposed to weigh me and check BF with signing up "did not even attept any of that haha" I got the whole Metal head look going, he was the jock just giving me my free advice for signing up. I dont think he thought I would still be around a year later as dedicated as ever. I did not really care what he said. Found this site learned what I had to learn in order to get the job done.

haha actually your right my diet was not in check, not sure about lifting right probably did that wrong too. Instant gratification hell yeah I am all about that. It actually took 3 months before I started to drop the weight.
    Last edited by NorthernMist; 07-07-2008 at 08:14 AM.

adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

He said that I can do:

treadmill -> 20 min
    bike -> 20 min
    eleptical -> 20 min

yay or nay?
    as a fellow personal trainer
    these are the types of trainers i hate
    my blogs
    howigotripped.wordpress.com
    submissiongrappling.wordpress.com

adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Flair4TheGold View Post
    x2!
    my blogs
    howigotripped.wordpress.com
    submissiongrappling.wordpress.com

kinged854 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kinged854 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kinged854 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kinged854 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kinged854 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kinged854 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kinged854 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kinged854 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kinged854 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kinged854 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kinged854 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    bump

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    LOL
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---