verticalx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) verticalx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) verticalx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) verticalx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) verticalx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) verticalx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) verticalx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) verticalx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) verticalx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just started, give me some tips.

Hey guys,

I'm about 5"11, and weigh at 150 pounds. I recently joined the Gym (LA Fitness around here), and didn't know where to begin and such. On the first day (Which was a few days ago), I did biceps/triceps. The 2nd day, I had a free session with a trainer, and we went thru the leg workouts. I was happy with what he did and since I'm a beginner, I purchased sessions from him. I'm paying $140 or so monthly (Not sure on the exact price) for 64 sessions which will come down to $2,000/year after all the fees and such.

On the 3rd day, me and the trainer went thru some shoulder work outs mostly. On the 4th day (Today), I worked on my back. I'm taking a break since I'm sore and coming back on Tuesday since I have another session scheduled then.

Now, all I need to know is any tips/suggestions you guys have, and what to eat and such. I mostly eat Chinese food, and he told me to cut down on that to 1-2 times per month. I took his advice, and I had 6oz of Tuna last night, then scrambled eggs with bread this morning.

What else do I need to buy and eat that will be good for me?

Twist3dJok3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twist3dJok3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twist3dJok3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twist3dJok3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twist3dJok3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twist3dJok3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twist3dJok3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twist3dJok3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twist3dJok3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twist3dJok3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Twist3dJok3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    read the stickies, read articles

GeoBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeoBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeoBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeoBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeoBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeoBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    1. Never Drink Pop
    2. Water Your New Best Friend
    3. Never Give Up

verticalx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) verticalx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) verticalx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) verticalx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) verticalx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) verticalx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) verticalx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) verticalx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) verticalx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GeoBoy View Post
    1. Never Drink Pop
    3. Never Give Up
    Heh. Yeah, I'm not drinking anything but water now, and I sure as hell am not giving up since I'm putting over 2,000 to get big

GeoBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeoBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeoBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeoBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeoBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GeoBoy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thats A Big investment. I think you only need a trainer for like a month until you learn the ropes. But it's your call.

I never used a trainer I got my friend to teach me.

Good Luck!

*DH* has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) *DH* has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) *DH* has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) *DH* has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) *DH* has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) *DH* has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) *DH* has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) *DH* has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) *DH* has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) *DH* has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) *DH* has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by verticalx1 View Post
    Heh. Yeah, I'm not drinking anything but water now, and I sure as hell am not giving up since I'm putting over 2,000 to get big
    Drink milk.

| Green Bay Packers | Milwaukee Bucks | Milwaukee Brewers |

Founder of the *DH* Posse
    Fukin fuk with us, pussies

Reps forever: isp

scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Urlacher54 View Post
    Drink milk.
    2x

i drink a gallon in 2 days

start here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=108601431
    “To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don't grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead you relax, and float.” ― Alan Watts

IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000) IWantIt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Holy **** you're paying a lot. Hope it actually works for you. Good luck..
    Do or do not. There is no 'try'.

PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100) PK-III is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by GeoBoy View Post
    1. Never Drink Pop
    3. Never Give Up
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Make sure that your trainer teaches you how to squat and deadlift correctly, and other free weight exercises. There's no point paying a trainer to teach how to pump just in the machines.

Your paying that guy $2k a year and that doesn't include diet consultation?

Get yourself shaker and some recovery drink to take after workout, if not already. (something like 50% protein - 50% carb)

Try to get enough protein. Something like 1g/1lb body mass should do it. (per day)
    Raw gym PR's: 363/275/462 @ 220

aaandy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aaandy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aaandy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aaandy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aaandy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aaandy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aaandy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aaandy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aaandy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aaandy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aaandy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    put that $2000 into food and supplements

ditch the trainers and start rippetoes program.
    "Easy Stuff" -Bob Chick

Working on NSCA Cert

Originally Posted by Urlacher54 View Post
    Drink milk.
    Yeah Milk Very Important!

(forgot to post that)

Originally Posted by Gay4Moleman View Post
    Make sure that your trainer teaches you how to squat and deadlift correctly, and other free weight exercises. There's no point paying a trainer to teach how to pump just in the machines.

Your paying that guy $2k a year and that doesn't include diet consultation?

Get yourself shaker and some recovery drink to take after workout, if not already. (something like 50% protein - 50% carb)

Try to get enough protein. Something like 1g/1lb body mass should do it. (per day)

What's shaker? And what kind of recovery drink would be good that you can find in markets?

Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gay4Moleman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Shakers are like this:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/shaker.html

You can find one from your local market too. (probably)

For recovery drink look for powders that has something like half of protein and other half carbohydates. Most ready recovery powders are something like 36% whey and 55% carbs. Just aim for packages that says "recovery" and read product description.

If you cant find already mixed-up recovery powder you can also buy whey and carbs apart and mix 50%-%50 yourself. You have to probably put some squash in those if there's no flavor. Hard to drink otherwise.

And in the gym, after your workout mix water to the powder and shake it.

Edit: I was having hard time finding example recovery drink powders from the bb.com-store. Anyone help me out?
    Last edited by Gay4Moleman; 07-04-2008 at 02:07 PM.
    Raw gym PR's: 363/275/462 @ 220

Would It be bad If I'm constantly eating the same food all the time? So far, Ive started eating healthy yesturday. I ate:

Last Night: Tuna (6 oz) with some mayo.
    This Morning: Scrambled Eggs w/ Bread.
    Afternoon: A triple hamburger from Burger King (I bought 3 hamburgers and put them all in one big one).
    A little bit after 3-4pm: Bread w/ Turkey Breast on it.
    Dinner: STILL DECIDING (Think of Tuna again, then Tuna tomorrow, etc).

Bump

Sasa92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sasa92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sasa92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sasa92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sasa92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sasa92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sasa92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sasa92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sasa92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sasa92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sasa92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First step..

http://hooked-on-phonics.com/

After you learn to do that you'll be fine.
    April 25th..

"Obsession is what lazy people call dedication"

Thanks.

Anyone else?

piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000) piszczel is just really nice. (+1000)
    Find a better gym.

LA fitness is a fitness gym, the hint is in the name. Try to find weightlifter's gym, you will usually pay much less, equipment will be better and staff will actually know what to do.
    Workout journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=116712111

NOTHING is sacred.

"BUT... it's way too easy to get caught up in all this ****ing minutia- like the kids on the Teen forums who won't eat regular peanut butter because it has 4g of sugar or whatever, ATG nazis, obsessing about every part of training, etc. Simplicity works." -101CavGrunt

Uhtred is not very helpful. (-500) Uhtred is not very helpful. (-500) Uhtred is not very helpful. (-500) Uhtred is not very helpful. (-500) Uhtred is not very helpful. (-500) Uhtred is not very helpful. (-500) Uhtred is not very helpful. (-500) Uhtred is not very helpful. (-500) Uhtred is not very helpful. (-500) Uhtred is not very helpful. (-500) Uhtred is not very helpful. (-500)
    agh i hate personal trainers so bad....

only one ive ever used is the one my gym provides for free, he helped me the first 2 weeks and thats it.

why pay 2k a year for that? think of all the food/supplements that could buy

edit: it seems to me everyone with a personal trainer needs the trainer to drag their but to the gym and when there spends 90% of the time chatting to the trainer and ends up resting like 5 minutes between sets.... i dont know if thats you so no offense but thats how it is here
    Last edited by Uhtred; 07-05-2008 at 10:02 AM.

pigeonwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pigeonwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pigeonwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pigeonwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pigeonwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pigeonwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pigeonwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pigeonwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pigeonwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pigeonwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pigeonwarrior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    mate people who give up are wasters.

I will be bodybuilding till I die.

Just remember CARDIO is the key to gain Lean Muscle.

Without a healthy cardiovascular system (something that eating lots does a good job to destroy) then you wont ever look sexy.

Originally Posted by pigeonwarrior View Post
    mate people who give up are wasters.

I will be bodybuilding till I die.

Just remember CARDIO is the key to gain Lean Muscle.

Without a healthy cardiovascular system (something that eating lots does a good job to destroy) then you wont ever look sexy.
    How much cardio should I be doing? I usually go on the treadmill for 5 minutes-7 minutes before every workout.

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by piszczel View Post
    Find a better gym.

LA fitness is a fitness gym, the hint is in the name. Try to find weightlifter's gym, you will usually pay much less, equipment will be better and staff will actually know what to do.
    la fitness has everything you need. you dont even know about the gym and have no idea what it is because you are on the other side of the world.

JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    2 000$ is a ****load of money to have some guy following you around in the gym. Just have him around for like a week or 2, then work out on your own. If you have questions you can always ask other people in the gym or just it up on this forum, everything from work outs to diet is here.

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    dont listen to those trainers. most of them are idiots. learn the basics off sections like exercise section or powerlifting.(not this section)
    and from studies

Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Unst0pp4bl3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    wow $2000 are year. are you ferserious?
    "Something about your dick getting dirty from all the poop and crap..."

"So you shave yours?"

"One thing about scissors... They scare the **** out of me being near my cock... What if I make a wrong move and cut it open... "

-DavidtheFat

Currently doing Madcows 5x5, lets see how this goes.

MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by verticalx1 View Post
    Would It be bad If I'm constantly eating the same food all the time? So far, Ive started eating healthy yesturday. I ate:

Last Night: Tuna (6 oz) with some mayo.
    This Morning: Scrambled Eggs w/ Bread.
    Afternoon: A triple hamburger from Burger King (I bought 3 hamburgers and put them all in one big one).
    A little bit after 3-4pm: Bread w/ Turkey Breast on it.
    Dinner: STILL DECIDING (Think of Tuna again, then Tuna tomorrow, etc).
    wow that diet sucks. theres no where near the amount of food you need. you are only eating 4 meals a day. you will not get big with that diet.
    YOU > Bladen