OatmealAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatmealAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatmealAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My Rivalus Mpower journey

Hey,
    So I started taking Rivalus Mpower today for the next 8 weeks. I was going to keep a private journal for day to day feelings/improvements, but I figured it would be good to post here incase people are interested in trying it or have never heard of it and want to know more. Mpower basically increases energy and helps burn fat for athletes (they claim it increases energy by 60% and decreases fat by 10.4% or something along those lines, but Im skeptical). They say take one pill in the morning before excercise and one later at night, then after two weeks, take 2 pills twice a day (Im not sure if I'll up it to two pills or not). Im using it because it has no illegal ingredients that I can test positive for when soccer season starts up. Currently Im 5"8" and 180 pounds. After doing a hard bulk for months after season this year, I gained a lot of muscle but a ridiculously unhealthy amount of fat. As of May 1st I was 200 pounds, for the first time in a looooong while I ate whatever I wanted for months on end and enjoyed the college lifestyle, and an over indulgence of beer and wings/pizza were a regular occurance, but I also weight trained the hardest I ever had as well...I plan to be back to a muscular 150 by September 1st.

Todays weight, 179

So I took my first pill today at about 12pm. I took it about a half an hour after I ate 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg scrambled and an apple. Then before I left for work (12:30), I ate a litte over a 1/4 cup of oats in water. It doesnt really say whether to take it with food or not but I ate close together just in case. By the time I got to work, about a 20 minute bike ride, I was feeling a little antsy. During my bike ride I had some minor heart pain and I could feel my heart beating heavily through my chest. I felt antsy for about 2-3 hours at work. It says to take it in the morning before excercise but I work out at night so Im attributing my restlessness to not doing enough excercise after taking the pill and I attribute the heart problems to my body getting used to the pill. My next meal was quite a few hours later (its hard to get on break). I ate 5 ounces of chicken and 2 cups of brocolli. After work 9pm I took my next pill and ate some carrots and a couple nuts and a yogurt. I then biked to the gym (only about 5 minutes). I then did some core and my leg routine which took about an hour. I didnt feel nearly as antsy, but I could feel my heart pumping harder and faster then usual, but no real pain to speak of. I opted to not do cardio just in case because I do HIIT and while Im sure it would have been fine, the feelings I was having in my heart worried me. I then had a protein shake and had a couple more carrots and nuts and then biked home. Its now 11pm and Im lying in bed. I do feel more awake. My job is pretty demanding and usually at this point Im ready to crash. I dont think I could fall alseep if I tried at the moment, but I also didnt do HITT. My heart feels a little heavier then normal, theres a slight bit of...I wouldnt say pain but uncomfortableness. I never drink coffee or energy drinks, so I can imagine my heart is going through quite the stress at the moment. Ill do it all over again tomorrow, and hope I feel confident enough to do some cardio...I miss it already. If I dont feel I can do cardio for a week, Im going to have to stop taking the pills.
    Last edited by OatmealAddict; 07-03-2008 at 08:20 PM.

OatmealAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatmealAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OatmealAddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Day 2

*Today's weight 177 (just water difference from yesterday)*

Ok, so today I got up early, had an apple, 1/4 cup of oats in water and a protein shake (whey and water) and the I took my first pill with a multi vitamin. About 45 minutes later, I biked to work. I didnt notice any difference except maybe my heart beating a little faster. At work I wasnt nearly as antsy as yesterday but I did notice a little something. About 3 hours into work I had 5 ounces of chicken and 2 cups of brocolli (I was starving, almost like a nausea in my stomach feeling). About 4 hours after taking the pill was the only time I noticed heart pain, which is a huge improvement from yesterday (it lasted about a 1/2hour-an hour). About 3 hours after my second meal I had half a cup of baby carrots, a yogurt and some homemade hummus with the carrots, I also had a rice krispie square because it was given to me, and I couldnt be rude and not take it (oops). Then I took my next pill at 6:30. I biked past the gym and decided to go home first just to see how my heart was feeling first because I really wanted to do cardio. When I got home I went grocery shopping for a bit and ate a half cup of baby carrots, a granola bar and a cup of pinapple and strawberry chunks (I couldnt resist this meal when I was at the grocery store). I just wish I had some protein at this meal, and all day for that matter, I was lacking fat and protein today partially because I ran out of eggs. I then went to the gym and did an hour of arms and core. My heart was racing a little heavier then normal but not nearly the same degree of pain/fast beating/pouding through my chest as yesterday. The pain from earlier worried me a bit so I decided not to do cardio. I figure I have plyometrics to do tonight still and that should be a good test. I have the day off from work tomorrow, so tomorrow is the day to really test out the heart. So basically after today, the symptoms I was worried about yesterday were not nearly as bad which Im taking as a sign my body just needs to adjust, it was more of me just being extra cautious. As for my sleep last night, normally I can fall asleep right away and only toss and turn a little at night. Last night it took me longer to fall alseep and I woke up about 5-7 times and had a hard time falling asleep, in the end it was one of those sleeps that while you do get rest, it feels like you didnt sleep at all.
    Its now 11pm and Ive been lazy and still have plyos and some core left that I do at home, I may take my dogs for a brisk walk just to get some sort of cardio in and try to burn some energy to try and get a better night sleep tonight. As for energy, I really dont feel a huge improvement except my sleep last night. I mean, I am awake right now with no desire to go to bed, but I didnt do HIIT for the second night in a row. It wont be until I start that up again that the energy portion of the pill will be put to the test.

Day 3

*Todays weight 177*

Ok, so today I decided to only take one pill in the morning today. I had the day off from work so didnt feel I should take one twice today. I took it about 30 mins before I went to the gym. My heart was beating a little bit fast but no heart pain at all. I wasnt antsy but I also didnt have any increased energy at the gym or at any point today. I did arms and some core stuff and spent about an hour at the gym. I didnt do cardio because I figured Id get a fresh start on Monday (tomorrow is a rest day but Im debating going for a run). Ive also decided to see this lack of cardio for the best and decided to see how just weight training for a week affects my body. So far I have no complaints but I need to get back with cardio so I dont lose my aerobic and anarobic capabilities. Sleep last night was a little better. Didnt take as long to fall asleep, longer then usual and I only woke up 2 or 3 times. Thats really it for today. How boring.

amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hi and welcome!!!

It sounds like your doing great so far....

I look forward to following along as you reach all of your goals!

Good Luck!
    *Mandy*

How bout them Cowboys?? :D

If you wanna get big - you gotta get nasty!

Join along on the journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7127501

Love it one rep at a time and never lose the passion for the journey in itself...

Day 4

*Today's weight 177. I guess I can officially say I've lost two pounds in four days since taking Mpower, I doubt its water anymore...cool*

So, today was a rest day from the gym. I took a pill in the morning, biked to work and took one at about 4:30pm at break time. I didnt get a very good night sleep last night but with an hour left in my shift I was EXHAUSTED. The pills dont really affect my heart to a troubling degree anymore but they give me nooo energy. I know Im supposed to use them before the gym, but it says take them everyday. I got home from work and fell asleep for 2 and a half hours. Im up now and still feel a little groggy and ive been up for 2 hours. Maybe I didnt eat enough today or something. My friend bought me an ice cream cone today without telling me he was doing it and sat with me on break so I couldnt really say no, or throw it out without him seeing. I thought in my head at first how I could say no but realised I couldnt without looking like a huge jerk. It was delicious though ahah. I mean he knows how hard Im training and sees what I eat everyday. Anyways, point is after that I didnt feel like eating much else today. Maybe its low iron, but my multivitamin should take care of that. I hope today is just a fluke and have a crazy energetic day and great workout tomorrow. CARDIO TOMORROW.

amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Are you feeling better today??
    *Mandy*

Join along on the journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7127501

Love it one rep at a time and never lose the passion for the journey in itself...

Day 5

*Todays weight, 177*

I had an awesome day today, thanks for asking! Woke up, made some food, took my first pill, biked to work. I didnt think the pills were having any affect (good or bad) but about an hour into my shift one of my coworkers told me to stop taking the pills because I havnt shut up since I got there. Day went farely quickly. Took another pill about 10 mins before I biked to the gym. Had a greeeeat workout. Saved cardio for last, but I was having so much fun doing core and arms, I only had time for 15 mins on the treadmill because my gym closes at 11. But man, what a great 15 minutes it was. I felt like I had so much endurance and my heart rate higher then it usually is, I kept wanting to up the speed and really push myself but I held myself back. I got home and had sooo much energy, I wanted to go for another run. I then skateboarded to my friends house (5 mins) because she had my camera. And here I am, still giddy like crazy. Haha, im seriously in the greatest mood ever, having such a good workout is defiantly having an impact on my mood as well. The only complaint I have is that I work in 7 hours and dont think theres any way I could fall alseep right now. And I feel like I have a little bit of heart burn...well what I think would be heart burn, Ive never had it before. Oh well haha, I CAN DO CARDIO AGAIN!!!

Day 6

*Todays weight 177*
    So, today was an alright day. Started the same as usual. Pill didnt really affect me in any way what so ever, then again, today was a rest day because I had hockey. I decided not to take one in the afternoon because I want to be able to do 30 mins of cardio again before I try to do 60 mins of hockey without feeling like my heart is going to pound out of my chest. So hockey went well. I didnt have a crazy amount of energy or anythign but I hadnt taken a pill in a bout 9 hours prior to playing. My heart was thumping fairly heavily at times though. I was going to go to the gym after but I was too tired. I have another game tomorrow and Im hoping I can get to the gym before it, then I wont have a problem taking a pill before my workout, then playing hockey. I guess thats it for today. I really wish the pills at least gave me more energy. Losing two pounds is good and Im happy with that in 5 days, but if I want to reach my goal (which I have to do, something is going to have to change, and that something is looking like more cardio, my diet is sooo clean right now (except those two nachos I had after my hockey game, but everyone has to cheat every once in a while))

Day 7

*Todays weight 177*

So it has now been a week and I have lost 2 pounds. Thats cool and all but Im pretty sure I could have done that without the pills. Im not complaining, butttt, these pills are supposed to help me lose quicker. I had a good day today though, heart trouble was non existent. Was hyper most of the day, played hockey and felt pumped for every shift I went out for. I took the pill about an hour before I played and it worked out well. Everything is going fine with the pills now...except for the weight loss which is the main reason im on them...****.

Remember that there are no magic pills!! I would save the pills (I'm assuming its a fat burner) for when you REALLY hit a plateau!! I would personally lay off the pills and just work hard in the gym and eat right!
    *Mandy*

Day 8

*Weight 177*

Hey, I am completely aware that there is no magic pill. I have been athletic and in shape my whole life and I let myself go for 6 months or so (unbelievable that I gained 50 pounds, I know, makes me sick). I figure that since I gained the weight so quickly it should come off relatively quickly and I think thats where the frustration truly is. Once season starts I wont need the pills and dont plan on ever eating like that again (it was awesome to experience, but its not for me. I would much rather be in shape then be able to eat whatever I want). So the way I see it is this is the perfect time to take the pill. I have 8 weeks to lose a lot of weight and I eat extremely clean 99.9% of the time, Ive only cheated twice or 3 times in the past month and I compensated for it (I had the ice cream cone my friend gave me which I later found out was frozen yogurt and a rice krispie square, I need to lose the weight so cheating isnt an option. I work hard in the gym and know how to train properly as well. Im not really sure what Im looking for in the pills, just an extra boost to help me get back to season shape. I never thought I could do so much damage to my body in such a short time and its really frustrating, but an awesome life lesson at the same time, it was really a case of getting carried away. I imagine I was eating and drinking 8000-10000 calories on weekends per day. If you have anymore suggestions, I would loooove to hear them. Im sorry if it sounds like Im avoiding your advice, its just I feel the pills cant hurt and I need all the help I can get. I have to lose 23 pounds in 8 weeks to maintain my starting position which is a lot of stress and pressure. Especially when I have to maintain my strength and endurance.
    Today was a good day, Id say my body is officially used to the pills and training is back to normal. No weight change though. I tried on my normal clothes today and I can tell Im losing inches which is making me a little more positive that the weights not changing but the inches are. This is a little confusing to me because I doubt I could pack on any more muscle from what I gained when I was eating bad, but if Im losing inches where is the weight coming from? Well I guess thats it. Im going to try and drink more water. Ive always struggled with that and always bring my water with me everywhere but I dont touch it as much as I should. Keep the suggestions coming. Desperation is starting to kick in.

I have no patience and want results yesterday so I understand....

You know your body best so if you think the pills will help by all means take them! I actually began taking Cytolean but honsetly couldn't tell much of a difference so I stopped. Everyone reacts differently from them.

The only advice I have and the only thing that has worked for me is to stay consistent in the gym and nutrition. Results will happen but it does take time...sucks I know

Just don't give up...
    *Mandy*

Day 8

*Todays weight 177*

Today I had the day off so I went shopping all day, and I mean alll day. Im hitting the gym again tomorrow. Day was ok nothing really to talk about. Nothing to mention about the pills, took two today.

Shopping is the best cardio
    *Mandy*

Day 9

*Todays weight 176!!!!*

Alright so I dropped another pound. Im not where I'd like to be but at least the scale moved!!! Alright day today. I was actually sore from shopping yesterday which I find hilarious because I typically dont get sore from the gym. I was glad it was an arm day today though. Clearly I should shop more, nothing wrong with that. So ya, Im pretty excited the scale has moved again and lets hope it does more often. Thats about it for today.

LOL!! I love it - the scales moving and your sore from shopping!!

I hope your having a great day!
    *Mandy*

Day 10

*weight 176*

tinym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tinym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey hey, awesome to see your progress, hope things are going good for you, I just got on MPOWER on Monday (Yesterday). However, I started at the gym 4.5 months ago. I lost about 15lbs - 20lbs in the first 2 months.

After 2 months, I realized I wasn't going anywhere, i yawned all the time during work-outs, always tired, my weight didn't do anything, just stood still, for like 2 months. So i decided to try MPOWER for the energy and weight loss, I still have about 15lbs - 20lbs more to loose.

On my first day, I experienced allot of empty like stomach feelings, making it growl, and somewhat nauseous. I actually gagged a few times :X. When ever i ate something, apple/banana/tuna it felt better.
    I also drank allot of water this day, more than usual, i drank about 10litres in a matter of 8 hours.

I felt more energetic, i went to the gym at 6:00, was very into it, i did my scheduled routine for that day, legs, when i did my seated calf raises i finished with 4plates+25lbs. (250lbs) and on the Leg extensions I finished at 210lbs. My body was just so much more explosive and i just felt like i never wanted to stop, the energy in me was amazing.

Today was a better day, didn't feel nauseous at all, everything was smooth and awesome, was energetic at the gym again, even did cardio at the end of my chest workout. After my cardio workout i felt a little jittery/vibration in my muscles for a couple minutes, but it quickly went away.

It's too soon for me to judge MPOWER. So far, energy wise, it's awesome.

rcswan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been taking several of the rivalus products for a while now. I started with the protein powder Promasil, and have tried the anabolic prescription, mpower, complx5 (their pre-workout powder). So far so good! I like the taste of the protein (milk chocolate), the powders both mix up easily. Anabolic prescription is the only test booster i've taken that i've bought another bottle of. I tried a few others and would always just leave disspointed in little to no results. The Mpower i've been using for energy and whenever I feel like I have a bit to lose. I took them this summer during a diet phase to hit a weight during a strongman competition. Went on for 1 month and ate clean. hit my weight without problems. Still have some left and use it for my morning workouts for energy. Good product and good company. I love that they actually have some ethics - something the whole supplement industry needs more of.
    Ryan Swan
    Lifetime Lifter
    Former Bodybuilder contemplating coming out of retirement
    Current Strongman Competitor