Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Grammy’s Got Guns

So this is my first foray into trying a journal. I suppose I could have called it many different things..Carli’s Quest (for abs, for food freedom, for a butt) or perhaps Sneaky Snacks Stalls Success. But I went with this because I love, love, love being a grandma (incidentally, infants and toddlers make great weights).

You’re probably wondering why I’m writing this…well I tried posting in the blog post but I guess it’s not public enough and right now I need constructive criticism. All day long I get compliments about how I look…one would think that’s a good ting but I haven’t reached my goals so it’s actually getting in my way. Does that make sense?

For example…for the last eight days I eat clean all day but then when the rest of my family eats dessert (husband and two teenage boys) I do too. Cookies and milk or chips and a small soda. Don’t get me wrong..it’s not enough to do any damage but it is stalling my progress. But it literally does nothing to my weight or the fit of my clothes. It’s keeping me stuck where I am.

So to finish my rambling…I’m okay with my clothing size that’s not an issue (I actually bought size 0 petite pants this weekend and they have room – yeah! And my top is a 2 or 4 – very small for me!) but I do want to see more definition – including abs-- and maybe sculpt some sort of a tush. Was thinking maybe all of you guys could keep me accountable…

My goal right now is to hold myself accountable to working out every day (some days just yoga or Pilates, I can’t lift heavy or do heavy cardio everyday) and stop the sneaky snacks!

FYI: My stats on here are current, I update them monthly and take new pics every four weeks. I just took the one’s posted on the 14th and will have updates on the 11th of April. I do weigh myself everyday because that’s what works for me. Tomorrow I’ll start updating you on my workouts (the one this morning was pretty weak).

hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think we should support each other on not snacking so much! It's hard sometimes! Old habits do die hard! Good luck!
    Push it to the limit!!!!

Favorite saying - GO GET IT!

I am a "beastess" - thanks Brian!!!

12-11-10 first powerlifting meet
    314.16/187/341 - 843 lbs total raw!

3-26-11 USPA state championship
    314.16/198.7/352 - 865lbs total raw - best female raw lifter (Open division)

On to nationals!!!

reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Love the name of your journal! Very Creative.

My husband is still a junk food junkie, and I have found that the less I eat it-the less it tastes good to me. Except for the occasional premenstrual chocolate fix I dont crave it much anymore. Though don't get between me and Cheeze doodles.... Those I have a hard time resisting.

So I count out the 22 or whatever the serving size is-and have just one serving. When I enter it in my food diary and see how it throws off my macros....makes me think twice about a second serving too soon!

Keep up the good work!
    You can throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off your brow.

hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by reboot42 View Post

My husband is still a junk food junkie, and I have found that the less I eat it-the less it tastes good to me. Except for the occasional premenstrual chocolate fix I dont crave it much anymore. Though don't get between me and Cheeze doodles.... Those I have a hard time resisting.

So I count out the 22 or whatever the serving size is-and have just one serving. When I enter it in my food diary and see how it throws off my macros....makes me think twice about a second serving too soon!

Keep up the good work!
    yup! that's usually when my junk food cravings come around that TOM!!! blasted hormones!
    Push it to the limit!!!!

On to nationals!!!

CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarliAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hmotb555 View Post
    I think we should support each other on not snacking so much! It's hard sometimes! Old habits do die hard! Good luck!
    Yes we should! They are very hard to die. I've always heard that you can develop a new habit in 30 days...but I'm not convinced you can get rid of an old one. I can go about two months eating perfectly and then I have some sort of relapse and can't control myself. Today I'm going to get back on the saddle and make it through with no bad food! I'm determined!

Originally Posted by reboot42 View Post

Keep up the good work!
    Thank you for the compliment!

I agree that the food doesn't necessarily taste that good. I have a salt issue and I love chips (actually love Cheeze doodles as well!). Chocolate is not an issue for me. Had to have a partial hysterectomy (still have my ovaries) and so it's hard for me to tell what is going on as I don't have many PMS type symptoms anymore. Although I'm sure this is what is going on right now. I think I'm over it today..or at least I'm going to convince myself that I am!

Red face Got milk?

I wish I had something pithy and witty to say…but I’m rarely brief and well I spent all day at work. Consulting doesn’t lend to a lighthearted, fun affair – however; if you want to talk business or politics I’m your gal (at least from 8am – 6pm).

Soooo since this is a training journal I guess I’ll give you the boring details of my training and eating for the day. Not exactly excitement filled but that’s what we’re all here for. Before I tell you all this let me just tell you a little bit about my weird eating habits and why. I was born with a cleft palate and have a lot of issues related to this. Many of my internal organs related to hearing, smelling, eating did not develop properly. My eso****us is not “full sized” (ha!) and I have to get it stretched every few years, also it closes up improperly. So to avoid going to the hospital (which I wound up doing a few weeks ago) I eat like an infant and/or 80 year old nursing home patient. So you will not see a lot of meats or nuts or anything hard/big that won’t go down easily. With that being said..here goes my day.

4:30 am: about 10 oz 1% chocolate milk, whole wheat Arnold sandwich thin toasted w/ strawberry all fruit

5:15 am workout: did bodyrock.tv Full body Assault Workout. You can find that here: http://www.bodyrock.tv/2010/03/11/fu...sault-workout/ (FYI: if you want a free interval timer that is really awesome you can find that here: http://www.speedbagforum.com/timer).

Here are my stats for this workout:
    Burpees 8-8-12-4-0
    Side Jump Lunge 31-20-30-18-28
    Jump Rope Jacks 31-41-30-24-28
    Pull Ups (I have to get a little help with my foot touching a chair) 12-2-12-8-14
    Hanging Leg Raise 15-14-15-7-14
    Ninja Jump Tucks 10-9-9-9-9

8:30am ½ cup cottage chesse
    11:30am 3 slices chicken breast (from the deli) on whole grain Arnold sandwich thin w/ honey mustard (like a dropper full), tomato, onion (mmmm) and lettuce
    2:30pm banana
    5:30pm apple w/ almond butter
    7:30pm 2 egss over easy w/ 10oz 1% choc milk

I drink water all day long, I allow for two w/ crystal light (actually I use the Great Value generic stuff but whatever).

So if anyone has any thoughts let me know. Tomorrow is a weight day, I lift as heavy as I can but you’ll see that’s not very much.

Have a great evening everyone!

Cool How low can you go?

How low can you go?

So I’ll try to keep my weird comments to a minimum today. But I love myself some Ludacris. When I was training this morning I was listening to “How Low Can You Go?” and oddly it encouraged me to squat with my butt all the way to the floor. Weird.

So here is my day, including my peculiar diet:

4:30 am: about 10 oz 1% chocolate milk, whole wheat Arnold sandwich thin toasted w/ strawberry all fruit

5:15 am I am on Stage 2 of NRoL4W and I’m on the 7th workout of 8. I did 10 reps of everything, my weights are as follows:

Front squat push press: 15
    Step up on bench (dbs): 10 ea
    Db on-point row:15 ea
    Static lunch rear foot elevated (dbs):15 ea
    T-push ups…this was the first time I’ve tried these. I need to find a video on-line because I’m not sure that I did them right
    Plank 60 secs – I could go for much longer…wondering if I should just go ahead and do that
    Horizontal wood chop on the swiss ball: 15

8:30 am ½ cup cottage cheese
    11:30am 3 slices chicken breast on whole grain Arnold sandwich thin w/ honey mustard, tomato, onion and lettuce
    3:00 pm nectarine
    7:00 pm about 10 oz 1% chocolate milk, whole wheat Arnold sandwich thin toasted w/ strawberry all fruit

So I’m not the strongest girl in the gym but I always like to think of things in terms of percentage of my bw. Otherwise I’ll hurt myself trying to lift something that someone a foot taller and 45 pounds heavier than me would lift.

Well, I’m off to spend actual time with the men in my life. I wish that my daughter still lived at home. Too much testosterone here!
    Last edited by CarliAlice; 03-24-2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: forgot to finish!

Soooo Tired .... and yes I snacked

Well I missed a post yesterday but I didn't work out either...just did some pilates. Today I did another bodyrock.tv workout - a kettlebell one that just about killed me.

Of course I ate the same things I always do. Until tonight, the tiredness and boredom got to me. I had a 12 oz sprite and a handful of pretzels. Crud! Hopefully zero to no damage, it's not like I binged for hours. But I've read of some women, who's bodies I admire, not doing this at all. How? I understand discipline. I think I am, but how do you not have little slips ever?

Well, still working on it. Tomorrow is another day!

Gotta Cook

So this morning I got up with my usual lazyitis that I get on Saturday's. I said to my dh if I don't workout this morning, I won't get it done...especially if our granddaughters come over. He said "ok then let's do it." And he actually worked out with me! He's taken up working out this week...something he hasn't done in years and he's also started to clean up his diet. Now mind you, he's five years younger than me and by no means overweight but he is a bit out of shape (IT guys don't get a lot of exercise at work - LOL!). His workout isn't nearly as intense as mine..but I'm so glad he's doing something! Hopefully this keeps up for him. It certainly inspires me to keep going because I fell like I'm being a good influence.

I haven't cooked all day so I've only had fruit, dairy, and whole grain bread today. I need to run to wally world and pick up two things I forgot this morning so I can make some Tuna Pasta for dinner. I really need a full meal...and some more protein today.

My workout today was the last workout for Stage 2 of NRoL4W. If you're new to weights I highly recommend it. No I don't follow it to the letter as far as what to do on my non-workout days (I do bodyrock.tv most of the time...on my days off I do yoga or Pilates on my reformer).

I'm still losing weight but want to try and slow that down as I need way more muscle definition...especially in the abs. So still trying to build the muscle...but I don't like the concept of bulking at all. I know it will take me longer to build muscle if I stay leaner but it is way hard for me to lose weight and burn off fat so I'll just take my slow sweet time with the muscles.

On the another fun note, this guy was totally checking me out at Schnuck’s today. My hubby was with me and this guy was so obvious that my hubby said something about how hot I am after the guy walked away. So thank you strange guy for all of the hugs and kisses and compliments that I got from my husband!

Cool Too many carbs

So today I did this workout: http://www.bodyrock.tv/2010/03/14/fa...nator-workout/. This was not one of her harder one's. It did keep my heart rate up pretty high but not as much as others...so I didn't burn as many calories. But it was still a good workout. I'd wanted to get another in but just got home a few minutes ago.

So I finally cooked this weekend. I actually made a tuna pasta salad. I've had that for three days now for lunch so I'm on a little bit of a carb overload since that's more than I usually eat. I'm going to throw the rest out because it's fattening me up . I'll make less next time but I am trying to do some sort of version of carb cycling, not sure if it will really work...especially since I probably don't get enough protein. I’d try uping my protein but I’ve done that before and it’s made me sick. I’m going to have the slowest growing muscles on the planet!

Well I need to go and make tomorrows food. This week I’m only doing bodyrock because I’m taking the week off from heavy lifting. Probably not what they had in mind in NROL4W but I do what makes me happy…I figure if my form is good and my diet is good I’ll eventually reach my goals…even if it’s slower than what others do.

Good night all!

Question The Numbers Don't Add Up

So numbers are really bothering me today. For example, I read a lot about burning 300 calories during a workout and that should be your goal. Do you have any clue how long that would take me? Today I did this workout: http://www.bodyrock.tv/2010/03/15/sw...a-pig-workout/

When I was done I was literally dripping with sweat. Afterwards I checked my heart rate monitor and it said that I burned 109 calories -- that was with the workout, warm up and cool down. On a really good day I hit 125 but that's rare. I don't have time to train for two and a half hours a day to hit 300.

Another number issue...the don't go less than 1200 calories. Who is that for? Me? I'm only 4'10" and I prefer to weigh in the 90's that's when I feel my best. I'd been trying to eat a little more since Saturday and I feel bloated and crappy. I went back to my regular diet (see my first two posts) and I feel a lot better although the bloating is still hanging on and I need to get rid of it. Anyhow, I went ahead and plugged my food into fitday just to check...I haven't done that in awhile and though that maybe I was eating more than I thought. So total calories..980 with the carbs at 56%, protein at 31% and fat at 13%. I know I won't be eating anything else tonight (I just finished eating), only drinking water. So what's the deal..I've been eating like this for six months (except when I experiment to see if something else will work better) and this is exactly how I eat when I feel my best. Is there something wrong or do I just not know what is really best for me?

If anyone has an answer, I'd be glad to hear it!

Angry Are you freaking joking?

So my hubby bought me one of those bodyfat scales (he buys me gifts on payday so I don't feel like I'm working for nothing) and it says I'm 26% bodyfat. 26%!!!! Really?!? I feel like I've been working for nothing. I take two days off (I may still train tonight so that will only be one day off) and this is what happens. I realize these things can be up to 5% off but even if it works in my favor that only puts me at 21% -- no where close to where I want to be. So hopefully I won't become to obsessed with this but I think a realistic first goal would be to get that think to say an actual 21%. I guess I'll try in the morning before I eat becasue that's usually when I weigh myself and use that as the starting point (hopefully it won't be worse than tonight!).

Oh, my other gift was a new kettlebell. It's only 10 pounds but it will help me get my form right before I onto something heavier.

So stay tuned while I track my bodyfat percent and get it closer to an athlete. I do want to compete but I don't think I'll be anywhere near ready until next April. There is a contest in October but I think that's cutting it short. I've seen pics of some women compete without visible abs but I don't want to do it unless I'm in tip top ab showing shape.

ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CarliAlice View Post
    So my hubby bought me one of those bodyfat scales (he buys me gifts on payday so I don't feel like I'm working for nothing) and it says I'm 26% bodyfat. 26%!!!! Really?!? I feel like I've been working for nothing. I take two days off (I may still train tonight so that will only be one day off) and this is what happens. I realize these things can be up to 5% off but even if it works in my favor that only puts me at 21% -- no where close to where I want to be. So hopefully I won't become to obsessed with this but I think a realistic first goal would be to get that think to say an actual 21%. I guess I'll try in the morning before I eat becasue that's usually when I weigh myself and use that as the starting point (hopefully it won't be worse than tonight!).

Oh, my other gift was a new kettlebell. It's only 10 pounds but it will help me get my form right before I onto something heavier.

So stay tuned while I track my bodyfat percent and get it closer to an athlete. I do want to compete but I don't think I'll be anywhere near ready until next April. There is a contest in October but I think that's cutting it short. I've seen pics of some women compete without visible abs but I don't want to do it unless I'm in tip top ab showing shape.
    Don't pay too much attention to those scales! I have a scale like that and it tells me I'm around 25%.. but when I got it tested at the gym with calipers I'm around 12%! So that's a big difference!

Originally Posted by ajangel25 View Post
    Don't pay too much attention to those scales! I have a scale like that and it tells me I'm around 25%.. but when I got it tested at the gym with calipers I'm around 12%! So that's a big difference!
    Wow! That is a much larger difference than what I was thinking. I was really only thinking it would be 5% off. I'll just use it to see that I'm actually decreasing fat and then maybe get tested with calipers one day. I'll never due the water thinging, I wouldn't be able to tolerate going under water like that.

Another weak to reach my peak

So I have been working out...just too busy to journal. Diet has sucked due to the holiday...I did eat some ham even though my body doesn't react well to it and now I'm paying the price. But today I'm back on track with my normal eat the same thing everyday diet. As a matter of fact, despite the late hour I need to go eat something because I just got done working out and I don't want to waste the time I just spent.

Today I did another bodyrock.tv workout (Booty Moving Workout) followed by some kettlebell work with the dvd that came with it (Gin Miller?). Neither my kettlebell (10 pounds) or the workout would be challenging if I actually had some balance...but I don't so I'm rockin and rollin all over the place. I can't wait to get the basics down so I can get a 15 pound bell...but I rather like the look of my face so I'll stick with what I have for now. Pretty soon I'll get back to incorporating NRoL4W but I'm enjoying some fun workout time. Plus I burned 250 cals per my hr monitor which is way more than usual for me.

Well gotta go..if your reading this see ya tomorrow. If your not then whatever.

P.S. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! I had both of my granddaughters so fun, fun, fun!

Talking Phase 3 of NRoL4W

Well took yesterday off because my knee was swollen. I'm not sure what I did...I'm accident prone so kaysarasara. Today it seems fine just a little sensitive to the touch. My calves are totally tight and on fire but it's the training kind so just working through it.

Today I did the first workout (1 of 8) for Phase 3 of NRoL4W. It was a really great workout and I enjoyed it. I'm going through the whole series rather slowly though and if I don't get on with it I won't be finished by June which was my original plan. But I do one day of NRoL4W and then the next day bodyrock.tv and then the next day off (assuming I haven't injured myself and things go as plan) and then between each phase I do a week of nothing but bodyrock.tv.

I know I'm gaining some muscle (awesome news - today my veins actually popped out in my forearms while I was lifting. Had on a long sleeve shirt pushed up to the elbows so I'm not sure about biceps) but I'm not sure if it's really at a "good" rate or not. I do have this weird thing about being skinny and I don't eat much -- when I've tried eating more I'm just to miserable with the amount of extra fat you have to carry. So since I've only been training hard since October I'm going to give my eating and workout plan until this October. If I'm not happy with the results I'll probably see if we have it in the budget by then to hire a trainer and/or nutritionist. Right now money is tight (as it is for everyone) and it's just not there. You can't squeeze blood from a turnip you know.

Well I need to skedaddle and I'm rambling. Night all!

Hey lady how have you been?! Yeah please don't trust those scales I did one a few months back and it put me at like 44% and I was like hmmmm I've seen 44% and I think not lol! The most accurate method is that expensive dexa something or another....but either way I wouldn't worry about numbers...go by what you look like, how you feel, and how your clothes fit...progress pictures are the best route for gauging progress! Take it easy on that knee! I hate when my body parts hurt it just throws everything off

Oh and did I ever tell you that I just LOVE your journal title? LOL! Keep up the good work!
    Push it to the limit!!!!

On to nationals!!!

Hey lady how have you been?! Yeah please don't trust those scales I did one a few months back and it put me at like 44% and I was like hmmmm I've seen 44% and I think not lol! The most accurate method is that expensive dexa something or another....but either way I wouldn't worry about numbers...go by what you look like, how you feel, and how your clothes fit...progress pictures are the best route for gauging progress! Take it easy on that knee! I hate when my body parts hurt it just throws everything off

Oh and did I ever tell you that I just LOVE your journal title? LOL! Keep up the good work!
    I'm great! How about you? I took a look at your profile..you have a lot on your plate (mom, student, instructor) plus your fitting in workouts. That's the good thing about having teenagers and grown children. They are all pretty much on their own. Grandbabies are awesome and I get them just enought to get my baby fill!

Yeah, I don't trust the scale but I can use it to see if I'm gaining more muscle. I'll just ignore the number or pretend that the 2 is a 1 LOL!

Really running late

Well, I put in a little over an hour of training tonight. I'm going to see my first LIVE bodybuilding show on Saturday and I'm soooo excited! I've been working hard because I don't want to be around all those fit ladies and look like the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man!

My 18 year old wants me to get his haircut on Saturday of all days so I'm going to have to workout do that and drive an hour to the show all before noon. I know your probably thinking...then why take him to get his haircut. 1. He doesn't drive and 2. his hair is red, curly and past his shoulders...when he wants a haircut we usually take him. It only happens about once or twice a year. Of course by Saturday he may change his mind...I don't care it's only hair.

Work is crazy...we are writing a federal grant and it's just very time consuming. The most interesting thing about it is that the proposal reads like 15 people wrote a section, they slapped it together, didn't check for redundancy or to see if it flowed at all and now we're having to wade through it. That's our federal dollars at work. I don't blame the 14 people who wrote it...just the 15th person who put it together and didn't check to see if it made sense. Sorry if you're a federal worker...I've worked for the government myself in the past.

Well I’ve got to get a snack and get to bed. I have a long day tomorrow. My aunt is being flown from Joplin to STL tonight to go to Barnes Hospital. She is very young (55) and they don’t think we have much time left with her. I want to go see her before I go to work and I still have all my “normal” things to do. See you all! Say a prayer for my Aunt Donna…I know I will.

Originally Posted by CarliAlice View Post
    I'm great! How about you? I took a look at your profile..you have a lot on your plate (mom, student, instructor) plus your fitting in workouts. That's the good thing about having teenagers and grown children. They are all pretty much on their own. Grandbabies are awesome and I get them just enought to get my baby fill!

Yeah, I don't trust the scale but I can use it to see if I'm gaining more muscle. I'll just ignore the number or pretend that the 2 is a 1 LOL!
    I'm doing pretty good! Trying to keep my head from spinning lol! This is a busy quarter for me. Yeah my daughter thinks she's a teenager, too bad she's only 3 lol! Somehow it's working out for me though...but right now I am REALLY looking forward to summer break lol! Have fun at the bodybuilding show! I want to go see one!!!
    Push it to the limit!!!!

On to nationals!!!

Thumbs up Missouri All Natural

So I went to the Missouri All Natural yesterday with my husband...and it was awesome!

I had read in Natural Bodybuilding Magazine all of the different descriptors for the categories (this was an INBF event) and I can honestly say I didn't see a difference between them all. I'll omit the women's bodybuilding category because there was only one gal (her name was Susan Alley and her routine was very cute...she wore a ball cap and had her hair in pigtails. It did leave me a little disappointed that others didn't enter that category because she did so well). But essentially to me it looked like in all the categories the judges wanted the most muscular, leanest women...and that includes the Best Body Swimsuit division which I thought was about having a softer look.

So anyway it was very inspirational and I thought everyone looked phenomenal (there were a few up there that should have known better than to enter but overall everyone looked great). I have a lot of work to do before I'm in that kind of shape. This is the first show that they did but it looked like a real good turnout and I hope they do it again next year. It's very hard to find shows in STL and I'm not in a position to be traveling all over to see them.

Well, I need to get some cardio in.

See ya!

have fun with the cardio! Sounds like you had a good time at the show...I need to go and watch one..I've only seen them on tv lol
    Push it to the limit!!!!

On to nationals!!!

Unhappy A week off makes me weak

So it's been awhile. I haven't trained since Monday and I need to get back on track. In my defense I had such an eventful week that I could hardly function.

My Aunt Donna passed away late Monday. She was such a wonderful, caring person, always doing everything for everyone. We will all miss her.

My son went to Joplin for his music scholarship auditions. I'm excited about him going to college but I'm having a hard time adjusting. Every time he goes down there it's a reminder that pretty soon he'll be gone and I won't get to see him much.

Then my husand got a new job...at my work!

So quite a bit to process. Luckily I can get back to it today and not miss a beat.

See ya!

Sorry to hear about your aunt...I hope you are doing ok
    Push it to the limit!!!!

On to nationals!!!

Sorry to hear about your aunt...I hope you are doing ok
    Thank you. It's hard. I feel bad for her kids.

Did someone take my motivation?

I just don't seem to have it in me these days. I did lift yesterday and today I went on a run...perhaps I'll do more later. But I'm not doing this right now because I'm excited or thrilled. I just don't want to lose the gains that I made. Perhaps it'll come back to me but lately I just feel blah. I guess I just have too much going on at once. Just like always I'm sure I'll get the motivation back. At least I'm doing something regardless of how I feel.

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So sorry to hear about your aunt

Too bad about not feeling motivated... it's funny how it comes and goes! Good job doing your lifting and cardio in spite of not feeling like it - that's a great start to getting it 'back'. Have a good night!
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

Thumbs up New Play List Does the Trick

So I was lazy all day, ate bad and was about to call it quits. But then I bought the following songs for my I-Pod:

According to You - Orianthi
    BedRock - Young Money & Lloyd
    All I Do is Win - DJKhaled
    Rude Boy - Rihanna
    Not Myself Tonight - Christina Aguilera
    I'm in the House - Steve Aoki
    Imma Be - Black Eyed Peas

So I did do some work tonight after all and I feel like I'm going to keep it up.

Also got the new Muscle & Fitness Hers and they have a transformation contest where you can win a photo shoot. I'm thinking I might do that. It's only an eight week commitment and I like contests.

Well....I'm in the house, bb.com friends!

Working on some muscle

Got a little tired of the NRoL4W and decided I wanted to do a split instead of all the whole body funtional exercise work. Today I did shoulders and abs and my shoulders are dying. I did 4 exercises for the shoulder, 3 sets each and for the abs I did 3 sets of 3 exercises. I rested between each set for the shoulder but for the abs did the 3 exercises straight through, rested for a minute then went back and did them all again (2 more times). My shoulders are a little sore and I'm hoping it doesn't affect me too much tomorrow. This change is exactly what I needed to get a new attitude.

For the M&F Hers challenge I'm going to take my pic and submit my stats right before the entry deadline...not because I'm chaning my mind about doing it but because you only have 8 weeks to do your challenge and I want to see what I can do about building some muscle for the next two or three weeks which means that I'll have some time to shed some fat off before the eight weeks is actually up.

Grammy's got her mojo back.