JimmyW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whey Protein Grams per serving????

i have a big bottle of prolab/twinlab i mix up the names of pure whey and in 1 serving i lsot the scoop so i just put prob a little more than the actual serving in water or milk but is 22g of this per serving a real little or is it regular cuz needing 1.3 times ur body weight of protein a day taking 22g per serving doesnt help much even if u take it twice, or 3 times a day is this rite?? or is this just a bad brand ???

bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Whey Protein Grams per serving????

Originally posted by JimmyW
    i have a big bottle of prolab/twinlab i mix up the names of pure whey and in 1 serving i lsot the scoop so i just put prob a little more than the actual serving in water or milk but is 22g of this per serving a real little or is it regular cuz needing 1.3 times ur body weight of protein a day taking 22g per serving doesnt help much even if u take it twice, or 3 times a day is this rite?? or is this just a bad brand ???
    Well, it's a supplement, so it supplements your regular diet. I'm 200 lbs, so according to your requirement of 1.3 times per day, I'd need 260 grams of protein.

If I take 1 of your servings in the morning, then 1 in the afternoon or evening, and 1 before bed, that gives me 66 grams. Factor in the milk that it was in, or what not. I probably got around 100 grams just from those three servings.

That's 160 grams left.

Now figure in three regular meals. Now I'm way over the 260 grams.

That's what you need to keep in mind, it's easy to forget because you're looking at these bottles and reading contents, but a hamburger or a salad don't have a nutritional summary on them
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/bluehazard/

LG Psarm/Anadraulic State Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113518011

IronMyke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMyke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMyke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMyke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMyke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMyke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMyke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMyke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMyke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMyke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronMyke is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Here is a seemingly little known fact: Fat cells do not use protein.Try using 1.3 grams of protein per pound of lean body weight.If you are 200 lbs, and 10% body fat, you only really need to multiply that 1.3grams x 180 lbs(=lean body weight).Also, 1.3 is a bit high, depending on your lifestyle.Realize that the people who are recommending protein intake, are usually the same people who are selling protein powders.

bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by IronMyke
    Here is a seemingly little known fact: Fat cells do not use protein.Try using 1.3 grams of protein per pound of lean body weight.If you are 200 lbs, and 10% body fat, you only really need to multiply that 1.3grams x 180 lbs(=lean body weight).Also, 1.3 is a bit high, depending on your lifestyle.Realize that the people who are recommending protein intake, are usually the same people who are selling protein powders.
    You know what, I never really gave that much thought. That's really interesting now that I think about it. Great point!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/bluehazard/

LG Psarm/Anadraulic State Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113518011

Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One way of knowing if you got good protein, is to calculate the amount of protein per gram of powder. The higher the ratio, the higher the protein content. It'll help when buying powder. Be aware though that differnt brands have differnt enzymes added and stuff like that to help promote better absorbtion.

A body can supposedly absorb around 40g of protein per serving. So you can easily up your shakes to 2 scoops if drank with water. 1.5 if taken with milk, as a cup of milk has about 8-9g of protein already. That will immediatly double your protein intake. 3 shakes per day will give you 120g. Its a good start. It'll make reaching your 200-250g per day target much easier...depending on your weight.

Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veritas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Also, you dont want to take whey that many times a day.

You shoulent rely on shakes for your main protein source.

Whey is good on rising in the morning or immediatly after a workout.

You should use a casin protein in the other times of the day and before bed.

Just what I've been told and seems like something you should know.

Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trickybastard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good point, but if you're consuming either food or a shake every 2-3 hours, then Whey is fine. Its probably preferred durring the day because its absorbed quickly and before the next serving. Hence less 'waste'. Many powders out there have different kinds of protein in them, so some is absobed qucik and other not so quick... Taking those before bed it ok.
    Just got to know what you're buying...

TPRES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry but I have to chime in on this one. First Jimmy W make sure that you are getting plenty of whole food protein, use shakes post workout and to supplement your diet. I'm not sure where you got your 1.3 grams per pound, but that is fine. I generally recommend 1.5 grams per pound of lean mass, 2 grams if you are using anabolics. Now as for your question, when using whey protein by itself it is far better to use smaller amounts. Your body will metabolize whey very quickly, and therefore some will be oxidized and used for energy. Smaller amounts are better, your body will use it more effectively. Not to slam you tricky, but whey will be "wasted" far more readily than a blended protein, or a slower digesting protein such as egg, or cassein. Now lets keep this simple, Jimmy if you continue to use whey only thats fine, but use it in the following manner:
    1. use immediately post workout with your postworkout shake
    2. Try to mix your other shakes with milk, and if possible drink them with some solid food. Nothing crazy but a bagle and a protein shake makes a great extra meal to get to 5-6 meals a day.
    3. If you use whey between meals mix in some natty peanut butter and some ground oats to create a meal replacement, this will make your use of whey alone much much more effecient.
    Last ensure that you are eating lots of beef, chicken, fish and using lots of fat free or reduced fat dairy and you will be just fine.