If anyone's in NY it's a competition on the beach for charity!!!!
07-03-2008, 06:57 PM #1
Re post/comp Jones Beach 2008 charity eventBeing a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.
07-03-2008, 07:03 PM #2If you're gonna to talk the talk, you've got walk the walk!! Woooooo!!!
07-03-2008, 07:22 PM #3
07-03-2008, 07:33 PM #4If you're gonna to talk the talk, you've got walk the walk!! Woooooo!!!
07-03-2008, 07:50 PM #5
07-03-2008, 07:54 PM #6
- Join Date: Jun 2008
- Location: New York, New York, United States
- Age: 49
- Posts: 467
- Rep Power: 261
07-03-2008, 07:57 PM #7
07-21-2008, 10:57 AM #8
07-27-2008, 01:09 PM #9
Updated judges list - 4 weeks out
Got an update of the list of judges. Your all going to appreciate this-
* Steve Michalik - 1975 Mr Universe NABBA, 1972 Mr America AAU, 1971 Mr USA AAU, 1971 Mr. Apollo AAU, WBBG Hall of Fame,
Judging Panel -
* Leon Brown - 1968 Mr North America IFBB, 1969 Mr New York City WBBG, 1969 Mr Venice Beach, 1970 Mr California IFBB, 1970 Mr East Coast AAU, 1970 Mr Western America IFBB, 1972 Mr East Coast IFBB, 1973 Mr America IFBB, 1973 Mr America IFBB Most Muscular, 1974 Mr Eastern America IFBB, 1984 Junior USA NPC, 1988 Masters USA,
* Anibal Lopez - 1965 AAU Mr. Wagner, 1968 Man of the Year (photo contest), 1969 Mr. Gotham, Region One Championship, AAU Mr. Brooklyn, AAU Mr. New York State, AAU Mr. New York City, plus all body parts, AAU Outstanding Bodybuilder of the Year, 1970 AAU Mr. World 2nd Runner up, 1971 AAU Mr. East Coast, AAU Mr. Atlantic Coast, AAU Mr. Chesapeake Bay, 1978 WBBG Pro-Mr. America, plus best legs, Arms, abdominals, best poser, WBBG Pro-Mr. World, 1980 Tour with IFBB Grand Prix, 2007 WBBG Hall of Fame
* Freddy Ortiz - 1962 Mr. Universe - IFBB, 1963 Mr America - IFBB, 1964 Mr America - IFBB, 1966 Mr Eastern America - IFBB
* Mario Strong - Staten Island Gym Owner, Natural Bodybuilding Champion
* Angel Evans - 1963 Mr East Coast IFBB
* Paul Bernstein - A National Spokesperson for Health & Fitness - For more than 45 years, Paul has been known as, "Mr. Physical Fitness, USA" registered in 1960 with the United states Patent and Trademark Office in Washington, DC. Since the 1960's Paul has produced and hosted several television shows, conducted seminars and lecturers and written numerous advice columns whcih have appeared in national health and fitness magazines.
* Lidia Szczepanowski-Goldsmith - Mrs. New York 2007
* Joseph Reaiche - Former Professional Rugby League Player
* Amy Llinas - WNBF Professional - 2005 Natural Atlantic Coast INBF, 2006 Connecticut Northern States NPC, 2007 Pro Natural World WNBF
* Tony Coppeta -
* Dr. Gerard D'aversa, FACS-
* Matt Kantor - Owner South Shore Health Club.
* Dr. Elias P. Bonoros, Jr. MD, FACC - Cardiovascular Consultant for L.I. P.C. Black Belt in Karate & Martial Arts Instructor.
* Mark Lurie - International Physique Photographer. Photo Editor for Muscle Training Illustrated Magazing for over 30 Years.
* Dr. Tony Badal, DC -Play golf with Muscles -----> www.atomic-golf.com
07-27-2008, 01:26 PM #10
Thanks for the update Mike, looks like a great line up! hopefully the weather will cooperate for a sunny day of Body building on the Beach!!!Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.
07-27-2008, 02:12 PM #11
- Join Date: Aug 2007
- Location: British Columbia, Canada
- Age: 53
- Posts: 5,427
- Rep Power: 8116
OH My GOD these judges are tremendous! If I could only go I'd go just to meet them! Brown, Michalik, Ortiz, et al.
"I'M NOT WORTHY". These old school guys were my heroes! And Mark Lurie's photos...inspirational.
And gbg will be there.
And I've never been to NY.
What a crying shame I can't make it. And I'm being serious.
"An infraction is better than an infarction."
- Aldington and Adlington
"Cursus sub pondere crescit."
07-27-2008, 02:52 PM #12Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.
08-06-2008, 02:38 PM #13
18 days out to the show -
come stop by meet and mingle with some of the legends of bodybuilding.
- Mr Universe Mr America Mr USA Steve Michalik
- Mr North America, Mr America Leon Brown
- Mr. World, Mr America Anibal Lopez
- Mr. Universe, Mr America Freddy Ortiz
- Mr East Coast Angel Evans
- Mrs. New York Lidia Szczepanowski-Goldsmith
- Mr. New York City Dr. Tony Badal, DC
2 new events also added - Reality TV Casting call - http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/tfr/773895259.html
and a Tug-O-War
www.jonesbeachusa.comPlay golf with Muscles -----> www.atomic-golf.com
08-13-2008, 07:49 PM #14Play golf with Muscles -----> www.atomic-golf.com
08-14-2008, 01:50 AM #15
08-14-2008, 04:28 AM #16
- Join Date: Aug 2006
- Location: Staten Island, New York, United States
- Age: 54
- Posts: 695
- Rep Power: 3622
03-01-2009, 01:55 PM #17
2nd Annual Jones Beach USA Show!
The date is official - Sunday August 9th 2009, (raindate of Aug 16th)
www.jonesbeachusa.com for info, and last years results!
Mr. & Ms. Jones Beach USA
The 2nd Annual New York Muscle Beach!
* Contestant Check in 9am
* Pre-Judging 12pm
* Finals - Immediately Following Pre-Judging
Jones Beach West End Bath House
Raindate Sunday August 16th.
This is an outdoor event just like the days of old Muscle Beach.
Non-Sanctioned Bodybuilding Show - Open to ALL athletes. Regardless of Affiliations.
Men's Bodybuilding - 4 Weight Classes
* Lightweight - 165.25lbs and less
* Middleweight - 165.5lbs to 176.25lbs
* Light-Heavyweight - 176.5lbs to 198.25lbs
* Heavyweight - 198.5lbs and over
Men's Masters Bodybuilding - 2 Age Classes
Men's Teenage Bodybuilding - 1 Age Class
* 17-19 Years Old
Women's Bodybuilding: 2 Weight Classes
* Lightweight - 119lbs and less
* Heavyweight - 119.25lbs and over
Women's Masters Bodybuilding - 1 Age Class
* 40 +
Women's Bikini - 1 Class
* Contestants may bring a CD preset to a maximum of 90 seconds - If CD is not set, DJ will play substitute music.
* Men's Trophies for 1st 5 places in each class & Overall
* Women's Trophies for 1st 5 places in each class & Overall
* Master's Trophies for 1st 5 places in each class & Overall
* Beach Body Trophies for 1st 3 places
* Best Poser Award
* Most Muscular Award
* $25.00 per class entered - Crossovers welcome!
* Proceeds to Benefit United Cerebral Palsy Foundation of Nassau County.
* All entries must be received on or by August 1st, 2009.
* Late entries and day of show entries are accepted and are subject to an additional one time $25 late fee regardless of classes entered.
* Day of show entries are cash only please.Play golf with Muscles -----> www.atomic-golf.com
03-01-2009, 02:05 PM #18