So I got negged and in the comment box the guy put in there "SOVIET UNION SOVIET UNION" about as many times as he could. I pitied his stupidity and thought it best to give him insight as to why the non-Russians do not worship their feet and wave their flag as he wishes.
Help me out, R/P section...I think this is something you all can agree with.
1. Its core, it was supposed to be communist. It wasn't. It was facist and oppressive. People were safe, as long as they didn't criticize the government. Dissent meant you and your family/friends were tortured. There's endless testimonies on documentaries now.
2. Russia took all from the Republics and gave little back. Material goods, educated minds, materials from the other side of the iron wall...
3. People lived without means. It wasn't a paradise. If anything, the brief existence it had turned many religious communities into ones where extortion and theft was expected! This is so rampant among the soviets I've talked to, to them its unheard of to NOT steal from your employer! Many of them have actually made fortunes by stealing customers from their employers and going into business for themselves!
4. Russia lost the first world war and second world war. British gave to Russia its honor, but only as a secondary token for its assistance for its own defense. If it wasn't for that, all of Europe would still be chanting 'sieg heil' before class starts every day in school. It was a distraction for the Germans, and the Germans only wanted to destroy Russia anyways (it never wanted war with France/Britain at all).
5. It fell apart. It was supposed to last forever. it was supposed to be a pattern of constant improvement. Today Russia is Europes toilet except that its oil and natural gas revenues are keeping its mafias well fed.
6. None of Russias neighbors care for Russia. They are especially fed up with its recent rise in imperialistic ambitions.
7. Lenin was a lunatic. Trotsky was a Jew who only wanted to empower his fellow oligarth associates and repress Russian racism (most of the early communists were Jewish intellectuals and businessmen). Stalin was a Georgian with a vengance against Jews and non-Russians, probably because of his half-breed heritage and childhood issues from a racist environment.
8. Each soviet republic has volumes of horror stories, thanks to the red revolution...even Russia
9. The Red revolution was only possible because no one cared about Russia anymore, at a time when thhe world economy was collapsing and people were tired of war. Most intelligent and wealthy Russians at the time went to western Europe to invest and rebuild.
10. It never accomplished anything but controversy. The Mig jet engine was an Armenian design. Most scientific and weapons and health related discoveries were done by other ethnicities other than Russians.
You see, former soviets dont wave your flag or appreciate your 'salvation' becaues you were never welcome anyways. You just filled a power vacuum at the end of the world war and you did nothing else. Period.