Lax4ever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Which plyos are best for running faster and jumping higher?

So far doing 300 box jumps 2x a week is in my book. What else should I do? And how long until I see results?

JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    why are you doing 300 box jumps
    JOURNAL: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110936481

PSU

becuase they're plyos.......

because they're plyos....?

DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50) DNClay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For box jumps, try 3 sets of like 5-10, each time upping the height of the box jumps. Doing 300 box jumps won't teach you to jump faster or higher, it's training your body to jump 300 times in a row.

You could do standing broadjumps, standing vert, jump squats, drop jumps, depth jumps, etc. The point of plyometrics isn't how many times you can jump, it's about training how fast you can perform single athletic movements. Training with plyometrics until your muscles and bones are exhausted isn't going to make you quicker.

Results should be be almost instantaneous, or at least better than you were a half hour earlier. But to really get consistent results, you'll need to do the excersizes regularly but with plenty of rest in between.
    If you're not willing to get your diet in check, then your supplements and gym membership are a waste of money.

made sense except i dont see how doing 300 box jumps on a 18-24in box won't help me...the workout is tiring and intense, how will it not help me jump higher or run faster?

thankss

trebby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lax4ever View Post
    made sense except i dont see how doing 300 box jumps on a 18-24in box won't help me...the workout is tiring and intense, how will it not help me jump higher or run faster?

thankss
    DNClay has sort of already answered this question. I'll try to explain it too. If you do 300 box jumps, its really hard and makes you feel like you had a awesome workout. However maybe the first 10 were proper explosive jumps, the rest were performed by tired muscles not at 100% speed. Now to make this clearer if you are training your sprints you don't go and run a kilometer starting out really fast and always pushing as hard as you can, you would go the first 100 meters quite fast, the following 100 meters slower and you would probably be crawling the last 100 meters. You are trying to increase the speed at which you can do it, your body cannot handle top speed for such a long time, thats why you would maybe do 10 60 meter sprints and rest in between, so that you can make every rep of your training as explosive as possible and therefore train explosiveness.

300 reps is endurance training and probably gives you a nice burn, but that's not what you are looking for.

DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by trebby View Post
    DNClay has sort of already answered this question. I'll try to explain it too. If you do 300 box jumps, its really hard and makes you feel like you had a awesome workout. However maybe the first 10 were proper explosive jumps, the rest were performed by tired muscles not at 100% speed. Now to make this clearer if you are training your sprints you don't go and run a kilometer starting out really fast and always pushing as hard as you can, you would go the first 100 meters quite fast, the following 100 meters slower and you would probably be crawling the last 100 meters. You are trying to increase the speed at which you can do it, your body cannot handle top speed for such a long time, thats why you would maybe do 10 60 meter sprints and rest in between, so that you can make every rep of your training as explosive as possible and therefore train explosiveness.

300 reps is endurance training and probably gives you a nice burn, but that's not what you are looking for.
    somewhat hijack......

so technically you could do 50x 40 yard dashes as long as you get enough rest in between and you have full recovery between each sprint?

cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    "full recovery" from 50 40yd dashes would be like a week.

Trebby speaks the truth, reread his post and take it to heart.

300 box jumps isnt going to make you more explosive

cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

thankss
    running 5 miles is tiring and intense, does that mean it will make you run faster and jump higher? your logic is skewed.

IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    "Anybody can make an athlete tired; not everyone can make an athlete better."

Eric Cressey
    IG: @toadkillerdog

Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Plyos are not conditioning. You're not meant to be exhausted after performing them.
    Friendship b/w women:
    A woman doesn't come home one night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a girlfriend's place. Her husband calls 10 of her best friends. None know anything about it.

Friendship b/w men:
    A man doesn't come home one night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's place. His wife calls 10 of the husband's best friends. 8 of them confirm he slept over, the other 2 claim he's still there.

Lol312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lol312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lol312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lol312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lol312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lol312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lol312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lol312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lol312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lol312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lol312 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just look for a plyo program. i am currently doing rippetoes so i can get my squat up and once ive done that, i can start doing the beginners plyometric routine in VJB (vertical jump bible). VJB is probably one of the most famous books for improving the vertical. look up frank yang on youtube, he has used it along with many others. plyo's shouldn't get you tired(well they should, but not exhausted). most of the sets and rep schemes are like 3 x20 at MAX. usually 3x10-15.
    I rep back

highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) highflyer01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

thankss
    sprinting and jumping are power activities: max effort in very short time, so you need to train that way...they use anaerobic energy and fast-twitch fibers, which can generate great force but for little time...doing 300 box jumps will improve, as already said, your endurance, not your max power