Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Salo171 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salo171 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salo171 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salo171 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salo171 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salo171 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salo171 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Visit Salo171's BodySpace

Pavel Tsatsouline?

I have finished reading Pavel Tsatsouline's book "Power to the People", which describes russian/eastern european training methods. I am training for all around strength for the sport of wrestling and I want to know your opinions on his training methods.

He encourages basic lifts such as side press, bench, and variations of deadlifts while discouraging lifts such as anything that involves a machine, any isolation movements, and squats (he has his reasons. He has trained many olympic athlets of all sports, Spetznaz, and american special forces, and introduced the kettlebell to america,so I will trust him).

(The emphasis is for strength and athletic performance, not size or bodybuilding)
    If you havent read his book, in a nutshell it is basically:
    Do 2 sets of: deadlifts, sidepress or bench every session (6 a week for me)
    Max 5 reps per set
    first set go heavy, second do 90% of that weight for back-off
    never train to failure
    take plenty of rest time between sets

I just did the first session of his routine today.

I also plan to add clean and jerk and pullups to my routine.

Progress:
    height: 5'10"
    weight: 188 (I need to cut to 171 for wrestling but I have no problem doing that)
    Bench 1RM: 255
    Squat 1RM: appox 350
    Deadlift: 365x5
    Pullups: 6
    BF%: no idea but i can post pics if nessesary

Stats: 5'7", 180 lbs
    BrotherWolf has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BrotherWolf has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BrotherWolf has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BrotherWolf has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BrotherWolf has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BrotherWolf has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BrotherWolf has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BrotherWolf has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BrotherWolf has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BrotherWolf has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BrotherWolf has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit BrotherWolf's BodySpace

bump

Originally Posted by Salo171 View Post
    I have finished reading Pavel Tsatsouline's book "Power to the People", which describes russian/eastern european training methods. I am training for all around strength for the sport of wrestling and I want to know your opinions on his training methods.

He encourages basic lifts such as side press, bench, and variations of deadlifts while discouraging lifts such as anything that involves a machine, any isolation movements, and squats (he has his reasons. He has trained many olympic athlets of all sports, Spetznaz, and american special forces, and introduced the kettlebell to america,so I will trust him).

(The emphasis is for strength and athletic performance, not size or bodybuilding)
    If you havent read his book, in a nutshell it is basically:
    Do 2 sets of: deadlifts, sidepress or bench every session (6 a week for me)
    Max 5 reps per set
    first set go heavy, second do 90% of that weight for back-off
    never train to failure
    take plenty of rest time between sets

I just did the first session of his routine today.

I also plan to add clean and jerk and pullups to my routine.

Progress:
    height: 5'10"
    weight: 188 (I need to cut to 171 for wrestling but I have no problem doing that)
    Bench 1RM: 255
    Squat 1RM: appox 350
    Deadlift: 365x5
    Pullups: 6
    BF%: no idea but i can post pics if nessesary
    How's it working or you ? any progress?

"More squats=More penguin walk"
    AlterEgoErin

vegetables are what food eat....

If everything seems under control you're just not going fast enough..
    Mario Andretti

My 5x5 journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113745851