psomers181 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Elbow pain, when does it go away?

I can't tell if it's tennis elbow but I have a creaking in my elbow and it comes on the heels of lifting heavy a lot lately. It's not super painful but enought to where I'm pretty uncomfortable. I've taken the last week off form upper body and stuck with legs and cardio to help my elbow heal. Does anyone know any good remedies for getting this to go away? Or how long I should stay off the weights?

Bigger than Darklight The Real Deal's Avatar
    The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Glucosamine might help. Does it hurt on all upperbody lifts? Stay away as long as theres pain (possibly a month or more).

psomers181 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, it hurts on pretty much everything I do with the upper body. That would really suck to have to stay away for a month. I do understand that it's not worth getting hurt over but I've been in such a good rhythm until this. Thanks for the tips though, I really appreciate it.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Rest and joint supplementation to recover.

The prevent future incidence, alter training.

What is stimulating it, bicep or tricep movements?
    For tricep, pushing exercises (bench, military press, pushups) or leverage exercises (skull crushers, DB extension..).
    For bicep, pulling (chins, lat pulldown) or leverage (curls, curl machine)?
    Do you feel it more when it is straight, or when it is bent?

Whatever the case, train in whatever is not causing the pain and progress in that for recovery and alternate stimulus before going back to what was causing you pain, to see if it helped.

Also makes sure you train bicep/tricep equally. Pronating and supinating the hand (or midway) can alter which muscles are doing more work in the group, to give some a rest and build others more. Doing exercises focusing on pronation and supination function can also be good.

bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdane55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would take some time off and maybe go to a doctor to really find out what is wrong with it. No need to permanetly injure yourself.