Kaban01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pan-fryed chicken breast, how much fat?

Hi, I need to know how much fat comes out when I pan fry my chicken breasts

I pan fry about 1.5lb of chicken breast with about 2 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil (~7-9 mins each side) with a covered top
    I then divide em into 4meals 4oz each (tottal 1.5lb comes out to about 16oz)
    I assume some oil absorbs into the chicken, my question is how much exact or approx so I can fix my diet calculation
    I need about 14g fat per meal, if I am not getting enough fat from that than what can I add to my meal that is easy/cheap?

my original program post here
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post180799281

-Thanks

Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000) Ryanmckd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Olive oil is 13.5g fat per tbspn
    WWW.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.COM

TEAM 3DMJ

ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ElayneTrakand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use pam and apparently it's only 1 calorie (though I don't know if I trust it).

LinzersMH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LinzersMH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LinzersMH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LinzersMH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LinzersMH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LinzersMH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LinzersMH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LinzersMH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LinzersMH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LinzersMH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LinzersMH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use www.sparkpeople.com to track my meals.
    And Pam contains 1 calories per 1.5 second spray. I saw it on "Good Eats" on Food Network.
    "To practice means to perform, in the face of all obstacles, some act of vision, of faith, of desire. Practice is a means of inviting the perfection desired."-Martha Graham

Originally Posted by Ryanmckd View Post
    Olive oil is 13.5g fat per tbspn
    yeah but how much of it actually goes into chicken and how much is left over/evaporates...theres usually a good amount left over so i need to know if i'm actually getting what i need in the diet

FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Kaban01 View Post
    yeah but how much of it actually goes into chicken and how much is left over/evaporates...theres usually a good amount left over so i need to know if i'm actually getting what i need in the diet
    Fukking eat the leftovers then, wtf.

Angry

no1 still answered my question

baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Kaban01 View Post
    no1 still answered my question
    Meat doesn't absorb fat when cooked. If your consuming all the fat added to the pan, then add them, if not take a guess how much is left.

Run until it hurts belairdfence99's Avatar
    belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah Pam still has just as many calories as any old oil, it's just that because it's in a spray you use a LOT less then you normally would. Don't fret over the Pam, as for the chicken, take the skin off to remove most of the fat and you'll be fine
    **MISC Running Crew**

You are what you eat, love what you are.

"are u guys fuking wizard chefs??? surely u don't eat like this all the time...." TheDarkKnight27

I may or may not have gotten my avi idea from American_Psycho

Originally Posted by baarat View Post
    Meat doesn't absorb fat when cooked. If your consuming all the fat added to the pan, then add them, if not take a guess how much is left.
    so in other words, i'm not getting much fat at all?

GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ur gettin some, just not all

eat some natural peanut butter too its a win win situation
    "Fear was what stood between a man and an extraordinary life, and the surest way through it was to stare it down over and over until that gaze became habit." - the Pat Tillman Story

Originally Posted by GForce78NJ View Post
    ur gettin some, just not all

eat some natural peanut butter too its a win win situation
    yeah i actually got some last night, should i be eating like 1tablespoon after each meal?

mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mcdbb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by baarat View Post
    The chicken breast would be breaded if it were pan-fried, meaning that some fat would be absorbed regardless.

In any event, there are a bajillion different variables to consider: how deep the oil is in the pan (pan-fry usually calls for 1/3rd or 1/2 the chicken to be covered in fat, not likely to be the case here, either), how hot the oil is, etc.

We are discussing a difference of maybe 100 calories, perhaps even less. I really don't think it's worth obsessing over. If you are looking to add fat to your meals, there's a ton of ways. Avocadoes, chopped nuts, more vegetable oils, blah blah blah.

bunun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bunun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by belairdfence99 View Post
    Yeah Pam still has just as many calories as any old oil, it's just that because it's in a spray you use a LOT less then you normally would. Don't fret over the Pam, as for the chicken, take the skin off to remove most of the fat and you'll be fine
    pam has the same amount of calories as any regular oil ? is this true ?

baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by mcdbb View Post
    The chicken breast would be breaded if it were pan-fried, meaning that some fat would be absorbed regardless.

In any event, there are a bajillion different variables to consider: how deep the oil is in the pan (pan-fry usually calls for 1/3rd or 1/2 the chicken to be covered in fat, not likely to be the case here, either), how hot the oil is, etc.
    Where does the OP say it's breaded and assuming such a thing is nuts? And no you don't have to have 1/2 the chicken covered in fat..........Oly ****.

I measured my body fat yesterday, and it went down from 7.7% to 6.6%
    so it looks like i've lost 5lb of bf and gain 5lb of muscle

SO i guess i need to add more to my diet, I started eating 1tablespoon of natural pnut butter after each meal, so we'll see if that helps

FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mcdbb View Post
    The chicken breast would be breaded if it were pan-fried
    wat

Originally Posted by bunun View Post
    pam has the same amount of calories as any regular oil ? is this true ?
    Pam = canola oil
    Last edited by FunkDaddy; 07-01-2008 at 08:38 AM.