xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10)

whats the ultimate tricep workout

Just looking for new ideas, but i like to hear what others believe are key exercises to developing GREAT triceps.

wutdafukdidujusaytomeulib 1quick1's Avatar
    1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    DIPS.....hands down. Close grip bench press is great too but I guarentee if you base your tri work around dips and then weighted dips you will make progress. I made more progress in 6 months with dips then I did in 8 years doing rope pulldowns, skullcrushers, kickbacks, etc etc. I think there is still a vid in my profile doing bw + 100lbs for 5 or 6 reps. My best is bw + 115lbs for 3.

Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've got an old pec injury, but I'm gonna see how dips go. Can't really safely bb bench press, but I'm gonna try some reverse grips.

My tris are my most developed muscle and I rely HEAVILY upon Incline Dumbell Extensions. This is important: I USE 2 DUMBELLS. I also usually hold them w/ a hammer grip, but will sometimes hold them w/ a pronated grip. For me, inc. db ext are such a natural movement. There's so much freedom during each rep and the ache is really deep.

If you do them, I'd suggest trying them on a high incline (45-70).

Try:
    15 reps
    10 reps
    8 reps
    6 reps

You can also do them in a flat bench and when you reach failure you can start pressing them like a close-grip bench press except w/ hammer grips.

I used to do dips for my chest several yrs ago and was able to add lots of weight. Of course, it worked my tris as well.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you can do 'em right, do dips. Second best, close-grip benches. (I do close-grips, as I don't have access to dip bars). I like to do close-grips first as my main exercise, but every now and then I'll do a post-exhaust superset of close-grips and barbell French presses. Great pump and better growth.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) xua3k is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
    DIPS.....hands down. Close grip bench press is great too but I guarentee if you base your tri work around dips and then weighted dips you will make progress. I made more progress in 6 months with dips then I did in 8 years doing rope pulldowns, skullcrushers, kickbacks, etc etc. I think there is still a vid in my profile doing bw + 100lbs for 5 or 6 reps. My best is bw + 115lbs for 3.
    thanks im going to be sure to try dips tomorrow when i workout my triceps =)

mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do a superset of skullcrushers straight in to close grip bench. Between that and dips, that's about all my triceps can handle in one day if I'm doing chest in the same day.

Unregistered User NoNameNecessary's Avatar
    NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NoNameNecessary is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Dips
    Close-Grip Bench Press
    Skullcrushers
    Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.
    -Proverbs 19:21

Dan1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have long arms and dips hurt my shoulders. For triceps I do tricep pullovers while laying on a bench press. I put two 45 pound plates underneath the bench press (at the end of the bench where my head is positioned) so the bench press has a little bit of a decline. The elevated angle of the bench press helps to put more stress on my triceps and less stress on my elbows and shoulders. I use the e-z bar curl bar when doing tricep pullovers.

wutdafukdidujusaytomeulib 1quick1's Avatar
    1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1quick1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by xua3k View Post
    thanks im going to be sure to try dips tomorrow when i workout my triceps =)
    Sounds good man. Do you have a journal? Let me know how it goes. Some people can do body weight dips right away and some need to start on the assisted machine. Either way stick with it and let me know how it goes. Dips are where it's at.

bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    tri set -

bar pushdown > rope ext > reverse grip pulldown

10 reps of each with no rest between. rest 1-2 min do it again. 3 x total, hence the tri set. it hits all heads of the tri's and smokes em good. i do these, skullcrushers, and reverse grip bench presses.
    Recip's Fierce Crew!!!!

Paul De Mayo
    06*02*2005

bdiesel@Safe-mail.net

Hotter than your mom Mr. Awesome's Avatar
    Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Dips are fine.
    It's not about how much you look like you can bench, it's about how much you can bench.

Anyone saying the opposite is an admirer of Peter Andre.

[img]http://rassionmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/peter_andre.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000664C7.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.hecklerspray.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/peter_andre.jpg[/img]

Registered User hardcoreoffense's Avatar
    hardcoreoffense has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Try this:-

Close grip bench press 5x6
    Reverse grip bench press (use a smith machine) 5x10
    Incline bench dumbbell french press (3x15)
    Rope Pushdowns (3x25)
    http://www.workoutsfromhell.blogspot.com/

NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dips are fckn cool, i love doing them. Too bad they won't be included in my new routine. (Advanced Rippetoe's) Yeah, and I hate messing with the programs.
    Longterm goal - 90kg[200lbs]

Hotter than your mom Mr. Awesome's Avatar
    Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Mr. Awesome is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by hardcoreoffense View Post
    Try this:-

Close grip bench press 5x6
    Reverse grip bench press (use a smith machine) 5x10
    Incline bench dumbbell french press (3x15)
    Rope Pushdowns (3x25)
    Wow that's pretty ultra-high volume there.
    It's not about how much you look like you can bench, it's about how much you can bench.

Anyone saying the opposite is an admirer of Peter Andre.

[img]http://rassionmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/peter_andre.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000664C7.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.hecklerspray.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/peter_andre.jpg[/img]

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Try weighted dips (6 reps), and French presses. These two will hit all three heads.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mojo18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want an awesome pump try bench dips with feet up and weight on your lap and drop set till you have to put your feet down and help yourself up

hammer54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hammer54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hammer54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hammer54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hammer54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hammer54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hammer54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hammer54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hammer54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hammer54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hammer54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this is my current tri workout

Skull crunchers( on last rep use the same weight and close grip bench it-super set) 3x8

Push downs 3x8

1 arm cable pull downs 3x8

dips superseted with close grip pushup
    3- failure

cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
    I concur. I only wasted a 1 year fooling around with ropes though.

6 months ago I could only do 3 dips, now I'm doing 5 sets of 8 with 50lbs.

RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10) RickRolld is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try running the rack with dumbbells or on machines for pressdowns.

Also, try doing 50's. This is where you take your 10 rep max weight for an exercise and do the first 10 reps, then take only 15 seconds of rest and repeat. Do this for as many sets as it takes to get to 50 reps. You can also modify this to 40's and 30's.

Also, try adding in endurance sets near the end of your workout for an extreme pump.

Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    good old basics like dips and close-grip are probably your best bet. However, if you wanna mix it up...

Pre-Exhaustion:

Pushdowns 3-4 x 10-15
    Dips 3-4 x 6-15

You could also superset them:

Pushdowns 3-4 x 10-15
    superset w/
    Dips 3-4 x 6-15
    and top it off w/ straight sets of
    Close-Grip Bench 3-4 sets of 4-6

I'd suggest low reps on the benches because your tris are already fried and the lower rep count will allow your the power of your pecs and delts to overload the tris w/ substantially more weight. Once you start getting up into a moderate or higher rep range, at this point in your workout, your poundages will suffer too much and youll lose the benefit of the compoundedness of the movement. And since your tris are so pumped you can more safely pile on the lbs w/ less elbow worry.

Wes9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wes9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wes9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wes9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wes9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wes9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wes9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wes9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    for the best tri pump i alwasy go with sum kickbacks to top off my tricep work out my routine constantly changes but this is what i feel is my besroutine.......weighted dips (with added weight), on to some rope pull downs....and some kicks to top off the pump....OHH YEAH along with some gaspari PLasma jet ....cant beat it

Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000) Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000) Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000) Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000) Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000) Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000) Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000) Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000) Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000) Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000) Charuto222 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    dips and close grip bench presses are awesome, I'm glad to see people advocating those instead of mostly kickbacks and whatnot, but I have to chime in with what IMO is the most underrated triceps exercise on the face of the earth http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=2109001
    They see indoctrination and they call it "morality", "professionalism", or "maturity" depending on the context.