nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nightrain36 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

How long before results start to show?

So I started about three days ago with my eating healthier and running 7 miles a day with a workout. How long before I start and see the results of my labor? I want fat loss/looking better. Something about the Olympic Trials coming up making me want to get back in my old condition and see what I can do before it's too late.

I weighed myself on Tuesday and I'll try to only step on a scale once a week and that is it.
    Champions are not born. They are built.

You wondered if all the pain and sacrifice is worth it...now you know.

Gold medals aren't made of gold. Not really. They're made of sweat, dedication, and a hard to find alloy called guts.

Everybody wants to win. But not everybody is willing to do what it takes.

canadianlb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadianlb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadianlb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadianlb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadianlb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadianlb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadianlb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadianlb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadianlb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadianlb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadianlb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You honestly won't notice any gains personally for a long time. People around you will though, and that should help. I still don't notice any physical changes but everybody has been commenting how much bigger I'm getting. Just trust that it is working though and in time you'll notice a difference. You really only notice change in hindsight.

i eat babies for protein. DieHollywoodDie's Avatar
    DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DieHollywoodDie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by nightrain36 View Post
    So I started about three days ago with my eating healthier and running 7 miles a day with a workout. How long before I start and see the results of my labor? I want fat loss/looking better. Something about the Olympic Trials coming up making me want to get back in my old condition and see what I can do before it's too late.

I weighed myself on Tuesday and I'll try to only step on a scale once a week and that is it.
    it's all relative. don't step on a scale. look at yourself. i never have judged myself via scale, it varies too much and doesnt show your gains of muscle vs. fat vs. water. regardless, if you BUST YOUR ASS and are training 3+ hours/day you can see some results in about 2 weeks but it all depends on how committed and hard you work along with proper nutrition, recovery, etc.
    NEW GOAL(s):
    Regain my strength.
    Put on 5 lbs of muscle.
    Gain better overall fitness (strength, endurance, muscle)

"don't give up, the beginning is always the hardest."

tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Anticipate 3 and 6 month milestones. That is, at 3 months of steady commitment you won't look the same as you do now. You should have made some good headway. Switch things up and head for the 6 month milestone. At that point you should be really cookin'

This assumes that you stick to it.

p.s. be careful with the 7 miles a day. You'll be fairly marathoned in appearance.
    "Adapt and overcome."

"Everything you need is inside you."

flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Take a picture now and take a picture in three months. It'll be amazing.

I started working out a little over a month ago, coming from distance running, and I honestly don't think I've changed so much when I look in the mirror. And I haven't compared to some of these guys, as it's only been a month, but people around you notice. It's pretty cool to get a random compliment at the park or wherever.

If you can't tell immediately by how you look it, just look at where you're getting stronger or faster, and that's great motivation too.

Good luck!

back211 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What I would do is
    1. take measurements and stats and a picture of before
    2. do this again 3months and 6 and 1YEAR

Also after starting this you'll feel like a different person. Lot's of energy in the morning and throughout the day. Its great, like arnold said, its like having sex with a woman and cumming

bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bestman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    see results?
    look i was fat i was over 185lb/5'3.
    now 146-147/5'8 as u can see and everyone says to me wow where all the fats?but when i look in the mirror i dont see so big change and sometimes thats frustrating and u need understand it and dont take it too hard because our brain always tricks us.