Arnold is numero uno mikerenouf's Avatar
    mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10)

best postworkout drink???

ok basically what i am doing is going to the gym lifting for an hr then walking on da treadmill for about 40 min at an incline of about 12 and speed of about 3.1 mph my hr goes between 145 and 155 never above 155...im am trying to get cut and yet still muscular looking.. but..i dont know what is the best postworkout drink..a nutritionist recommended a postworkout drink called surge but i was really deterred from it b/c it had 45 grams of carbs but 42 g were from sugar..i have a hard time believeing i will get cut up putting that much sugar in my body also the bcaa profile was terrible..he also told me to not use protein with casein whey isolate protein in it b/c it will not absorb as well..what i have been doing is not doing anything he says b/c i dont think he knows what hes talking about.. i use resature 8 which has only 7 grams of sugar and 30 carbs total i eat a bananna then eat my whey isolate protein.. is this guy right recommending so much actucal sugar after my workout..i do eat typically 50 to 60 g of carbs after i work out but not alot comes from actucal sugar...can someone tell me if a. what i am doing is good. b should i listen to this nutrtionist..and c. what is the best postworkout drink to take for trying to get cut and still maintain strength feed back would b awesome

Moulson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moulson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moulson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moulson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moulson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moulson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moulson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moulson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moulson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moulson is on a distinguished road. (+10) Moulson is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Sboise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sboise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sboise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sboise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This is an excellent thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=913629

I learned a lot form it and now I am using Vitargo (waxy maize) and mixing my creatine with it. 20-30 minutes later I have my whey drink.
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai

mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10)

cmon

c'mon is that good man...what kind of gains did you experience from it..were they noticeable or very negledeable b/c some of your gains couldve been psychological..it all sounds good what i read..but im a lil skeptical what were your results in the timeframe you took it?

Originally Posted by Sboise View Post

awful stuff far too expensive not enough bcaa per serving if you took then entire bottle it would be gone in less than a week..terrible suggestion..vitargo looked good i picked some up 2day

it's a lifestyle change Jeff E39's Avatar
    Jeff E39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I reccomend taking gluta-cen during your workout and protein as sson as possible after ligting, and then do cardio. I take one scoop of ON 100% WHEY GOLD STANDARD and once scoop of ON CASSEIN PROTEIN and mix them into one shake. The aminogen blend in both are vital right after lifting, you need the BCAA's, also the glutacene is an amino acid drink. It has low carbs to optimize fat burning and no sugar.

http://www.supplementstogo.com/glel525gbypr.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/cas.html

gabrielbtoledo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gabrielbtoledo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gabrielbtoledo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gabrielbtoledo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gabrielbtoledo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gabrielbtoledo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gabrielbtoledo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gabrielbtoledo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gabrielbtoledo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gabrielbtoledo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gabrielbtoledo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You need protein right after your workout. Not casein, because it's low digest and you need right away, so have some whey because protein powder will be absorbed faster by your body than whole foods. Also you need sugar and carbs (complex), so mixed with some oats and dextrose. I do 60g of protein(whey) + 40g of carbs (oats) + 40g of sugar (dextrose) with water. After one hour or 1.5 hour have a complete meal with protein+carbs+fat.
    Bench Press: 235....GOAL 265
    Barbell Curl: 115......GOAL 125
    Squat: 395.....GOAL 485
    Leg Press: 670.......GOAL 760

um

dude i refuse to put that much sugar in my body...ill put carbs back in my body but not 40 grams of sugar...that'd hold way to much water for me...and make any cardio i did almost pointless..in my opinion....i think ill stick to what im doing right now..ive gotten good gains out of it...and i like a protein being digested for 6 hrs as opposed to 2 hrs..burn more calories that way as well

Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    This is an excellent thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=913629

I learned a lot form it and now I am using Vitargo (waxy maize) and mixing my creatine with it. 20-30 minutes later I have my whey drink.
    just bought that im gunna give it a shot ill let you know how it works

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mikerenouf View Post
    just bought that im gunna give it a shot ill let you know how it works
    Maybe after the fact now that you bought some, but here is the one I bought. It tastes pretty good.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/prosup/vit.html

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

- Steve Katai

whats the difference

is there a noticable difference between the nitrix brand and this one all i saw was a little extra vitargo..i just took it and it actucally tastes pretty good compared to most creatines....this **** seems promising

is there a noticable difference between the nitrix brand and this one all i saw was a little extra vitargo..i just took it and it actucally tastes pretty good compared to most creatines....this **** seems promising
    I believe the Nutrix brand has some creatine already mixed in and people have said it tasted bad. If I remember right, some mix some flavored BCAAs in to make it taste better. I believe there were some posts about that in the thread link I posted which is how I came to buy this one. I can also use creatine I like with this Vitargo.

I guess it's all subjective...If you like it, cool. It is some good stuff, imo.

- Thomas A. Edison

- Steve Katai

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    awful stuff far too expensive not enough bcaa per serving if you took then entire bottle it would be gone in less than a week..terrible suggestion..vitargo looked good i picked some up 2day
    Actually for free-form BCAAs, Xtend isn't that "overpriced."

Though I would say it probably should be reserved for the more advanced trainees, since the benefits between free-form BCAAs and Whey really will not be noticed if your diet isn't 100% on target.

If you have the budget for it, try sipping it during your workout. I think you would be pleasantly surprised at your recovery times.

But to answer your question, Surge is a quality supplement that has some solid research behind it. If your workouts are very high intensity and you manage to throughly deplete your glycogen stores, I think you will see good results compared to just straight whey. You could get similar results adding a malto/dex combo to your current whey.

If you are not crazy about going the simple carb path, then you can always just use ground oats. 2g for every 1g of whey.