BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BadgerDave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein shake after running?

I'm debating whether to have a protein shake after running or not (on my non-lifting days). No, I don't do HIIT, just a moderate pace jog (3 miles, takes me 25 mins usually). Here is what my eating schedule looks like:

8:30 am: breakfast
    11:00 am: run
    and lunch usually kicks in around 2-2:30

So basically I'm debating whether to have a protein shake at around 11:30 or 12. I guess the only advantage I see is to give my body some protein and make sure I'm not at a huge deficit by the time lunch rolls around.

And no I don't do 6 meals a day. I like 3 meals and it works for me. So don't tell me to instead eat more meals, that's not my question.

So would you say I should do a protein shake after cardio or not? Only reason I'd see not to is because it might interfere with the run's fat burning effects? I might be totally wrong about that though...

FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you want to, go for it. Don't really need it after just a run though.

LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50) LionChick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    with running usually post workout nutrition is 4:1 ratio. 4 carbs/1 protein. this however is usually for fairly intense runs. i take a protein shake after my runs for the same reason you do--- because if i didn't i'd be going like 8 hours without protein at all, which probably would not help my muscles repair themselves from the run and workout. maybe try a little whey in milk so you get some carbs and protein, if you can stomach it post run, or some isopure and light gatorade?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109800291

Yammin' it up with the Falcon--- my new journal as I seek to get back in shape and tackle some ultra runs and some forestry.

The world is older and bigger than we are. This is a hard truth for some folks to swallow- Edward Abbey.

Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It wouldn't hurt, that's for sure. If you don't want to take the protein shake, a couple glasses of milk would do you well

Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000) Mr. Aries is a name known to all. (+5000)
    a small shake or a BCAA drink would suffice.