BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help me choose which bench to keep (pics)

Cliff Notes: Two benches with only room for one. Pics attached (first two pics are the Hoist and the next two are the Body Solid). Any help choosing which one to keep is appreciated. Feel free to read the detailed version below if you're bored.

I have two pretty decent benches, but room for only one. One is a Hoist FI bench I picked up with a set of Powerblocks about six months ago. Not sure of the model number. I bought it off of a guy who works for a local moving company and was told that it originally belonged to a Steeler who was traded to Washington. For the life of me I cant remember this trade so off the top of my head, I don't know who it would have been. I know, of course, that this may not be true but the guy was already giving me a great deal even without the back story so I don't know why he would have been lying. The other is a Body Solid GFI21 I picked up with some other stuff yesterday that I'm going to flip.

Both benches are in good condition. I'll be using this bench in a rack for mostly 90 degree shoulder work and also for some dumbbell work that requires the bench to be in the flat position. Down the road I may use it for my heavy bench days to utilize the spotters in the rack but otherwise I use a dedicated Icarian bench setup. The Body Solid is about an inch lower than the Hoist at 17.5 inches but also more narrow at 10 inches (versus 10.5 for the Hoist). The seat pad on the Hoist is also a bit wider.

I've exhausted the search function on these benches, weighed the pros and cons of each, and this still is a toss up for me. Thanks for any advice you could offer.
    Attached Images

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've never been a fan of that design. The Hoist model looks like it might be built a little better maybe ?

Maybe get rid of both and get a real utility bench? This way you can tilt your head back so the barbell can clear your chin on front military presses.

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, I think you are the best person to decide this. They both seem of equal quality. I would personally go with the hoist bench, but you need to choose based on how stable and comfortable you feel on each.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hoist just gives me a better vibe, so that's my vote.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm with Skidmarx, I don't really like either. I'd sell them both and buy something stronger and more inline with what you need.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

strongerbyday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    I'm with Skidmarx, I don't really like either. I'd sell them both and buy something stronger and more inline with what you need.
    This

BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10) BasementGym is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the replies. I hadn't even considered selling both and getting a utility bench or something more heavy duty. Historically, I've been adverse to buying new as I've been relatively successful on Craigslist but perhaps this is a good time to revisit that paradigm for building a home gym. I was thinking about stopping by NYBB on the way up to Syracuse in a few weeks to grab a sumo rack - any experience with their benches? Any other benches I should be considering? I'm a big fan of budget neutral purchasing would be willing to put in some more money after selling the Hoist and the Body Solid, leaving the budget around $300-$400, maybe more if it's really worth it to go up to $500 or so.

swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    They both look pretty good - not sure you could go wrong. But if it was me, it would be hard to get rid of the Hoist.
    STAND TALL AND SHAKE THE HEAVENS!!

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." - 1 Corinthians 6:19

▪█─-─█▪ Equipment Crew #71 ▪█─-─█▪
    []---[] York Barbell Club #32 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #66 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #6 ||---||

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

bench

i couldn't tell from those pics, does either bench incline to 90 degrees? if not, seated mil. presses won't be as effective imo. i use this,
    Attached Images
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    i couldn't tell from those pics, does either bench incline to 90 degrees? if not, seated mil. presses won't be as effective imo. i use this,
    The Body Solid goes a true 90 degrees. The Hoist is close at probably 85 degrees.

Anyone have experience with the York ST 0-90 Flat to Incline bench? It's $350 with free shipping from Christians Fitness Factory and looks to be a good trade up. Sorry, can't post links yet.