Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User PremiereFitness's Avatar
    PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Your thoughts on Bowflex....

I want to know what people think?

I use the Bowflex and I get good results (I also use free weights). I just recently bought a Gold's Gym Dumbbell bench, I worked out my chest on it today and I feel like a was cheated, I didn't get the same pump or size that I get from the Bowflex.

Does anyone know of anybody whos gotten big of the Bowflex?

StrikeOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrikeOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrikeOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrikeOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrikeOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrikeOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrikeOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrikeOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrikeOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrikeOut is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrikeOut is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i can tell you one thing for certain you wont look like the guys in the bowflex add and they certainly didnt get that big using bowflex!

honestly though i doubt you will get huge using bowflex and cant think of anyone who has
    ---apprentice finger smith---

I am the alpha and the omega

Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the only use i'd have for the bowflex would be squatting or deadlifting it
    My own videos should go here.

PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PremiereFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Panacea. View Post
    the only use i'd have for the bowflex would be squatting or deadlifting it
    When I deadlift on the Bowflex, I don't really like it, I need more weight. Its 300+ pounds, I need more. Its the same with squats.

Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Panacea. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PremiereFitness View Post
    When I deadlift on the Bowflex, I don't really like it, I need more weight. Its 300+ pounds, I need more. Its the same with squats.
    haha i dont think you got my joke

i meant the only use for the machine was i would squat it. literally. i'd put the ****ing thing on my back and squat it.

haha i dont think you got my joke

i meant the only use for the machine was i would squat it. literally. i'd put the ****ing thing on my back and squat it.
    lol. When I do BB rows, I end up pulling the whole machine with me.

stick to free weights, my man.

the bowflex is retarded.

the ONLY machines i use in the gym are pulldowns and thats only to assist my rows and deadlifts.

stick to free weights, my man.

the bowflex is retarded.

the ONLY machines i use in the gym are pulldowns and thats only to assist my rows and deadlifts.
    I do use free weights, religously. The Bowflex is only part of my arsenal.

I do use free weights, religously. The Bowflex is only part of my arsenal.
    it should be part of the pawnshop.

it should be part of the pawnshop.
    Its worked for me, but I can see why people are anti-bowflex. But doing free weights along w/ the Bowflex type of resistance training, can yeild some better results than just doing free weights alone

latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ok man.. you asked for our thoughts on the bowflex, and he gave it to you.. and you keep arguing with him.. bowflex is a piece of garbage that doesn't replace proper training.. you need a proper balance between free weights and machines, and if you were using the bowflex as part of your training (10-30 percent) then it be fine... otherwise.. you could have spent on the money on the best luxurious gym pass imagainable..
    Offering online personal training.. please PM for rates and complete info

Originally Posted by latrell View Post
    ok man.. you asked for our thoughts on the bowflex, and he gave it to you.. and you keep arguing with him.. bowflex is a piece of garbage that doesn't replace proper training.. you need a proper balance between free weights and machines, and if you were using the bowflex as part of your training (10-30 percent) then it be fine... otherwise.. you could have spent on the money on the best luxurious gym pass imagainable..
    I'm not arguing, I'm also putting in MY input. I respect his thoughts and respect him for posting on this thread, but that doesn't mean I can't put in my thoughts.

Its worked for me, but I can see why people are anti-bowflex. But doing free weights along w/ the Bowflex type of resistance training, can yeild some better results than just doing free weights alone
    what do you mean bowflex type of resistance training?

what do you mean bowflex type of resistance training?
    Bowflex consist of resistance bands. It's far different from training w/ free weights.

of course its different

its different because free weights allow maximum ROM, enabling all synergists and stabilizers to be involved in the movement.

bowflex is pulling/pushing a little cord attached to a machine which shakes violently and awkwardly because it has limited ROM.

and no, that awkward shaking isnt your stabilizers being strengthened, its your body going what the ****, this is the part where my _____ is supposed to come into play, but youre not letting it because this ****ing cord is prohibiting it from me doing so.

josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    of course its different

its different because free weights allow maximum ROM, enabling all synergists and stabilizers to be involved in the movement.

bowflex is pulling/pushing a little cord attached to a machine which shakes violently and awkwardly because it has limited ROM.

and no, that awkward shaking isnt your stabilizers being strengthened, its your body going what the ****, this is the part where my _____ is supposed to come into play, but youre not letting it because this ****ing cord is prohibiting it from me doing so.
    x2

the bowflex really is NOT a good machine. and it is sooo expensive that any value it might have is completely not worth the price.

adn don't be like "you're just a bowflex hater" casue i own a bowflex ultimate 2 and i bought it 3 yeras ago before i knew anything about lifting weights.

boy do i regret that descison. i want that 2200 dollars back. =(

IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IntensityX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Oh man do a search on it there are so many threads on bowflex it's not even funny.
    "The road to salvation is through Christ"

Luke 1:74
    to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear

^Love is the power of the righteousness life that overcomes the fear that leads to sin, and the life in which God is pleased.

Terminator734 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Terminator734 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I dont care what any1 says...

If CHUCK NORRIS uses it then thats all i need to hear!!!!!!

FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Terminator734 View Post
    I dont care what any1 says...

If CHUCK NORRIS uses it then thats all i need to hear!!!!!!
    Chuck Norris endorses Total Gym,not Bowflex.
    "I truly believe that good will outweigh evil,but there won't be peace on earth until the power of love overcomes the love of power" Jimi Hendrix

RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It hasn't worked for you or you wouldn't be asking if anyone has gotten huge using it. Bowflex will not build muscle - period!

Muscles by D.O.T. Brother Steel's Avatar
    Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Real Men don't let others use Bowflex...

...And now we interrupt your regular programming to bring you the following breaking news...

News reporter: We now take you to an Argument in progress between two Bowflex lovers on the side walk in front of a conventional gym...

Guy 1: "My Bowflex... Is a Great a piece of exercise equipment!"
    Guy 2: "Oh NO! My Bowflex... is a Great coat rack!"

Guy 1: "With the Bowflex I can do sixty exercises on it!"
    Guy 2: "With the Bowflex I can hang sixty shirts on it!"

Guy 1: "I can build muscle with the Bowflex!"
    Guy 2: "I can stack towels on the bench!"

Guy 1: "I can get the Ultimate workout with it and have more energy!"
    Guy 2: "I can get my jeans dry on it and help the world save energy!"

Guy 1: "Look at these muscles built by working out on the Bowflex!"
    Guy 2: "Look at these muscles built by carrying laundry to the Bowflex!"

The argument gets heated...

Guy 1: "You have the physique of a BOY!"
    Guy 2: "You have the body of a little GIRL!"

A fight breaks out between the two Bowflex owners...

Guy 1: "I can kick your A$$!"
    Guy 2: "Prove it!"

Punches fly and kicks make contact as the two go head to head...
    Much to the First Guys dismay, his strength is no match for Laundry Guys (Guy 2) muscles...
    As the fray degrades, both opponents fall down to the sidewalk in a struggle for the upper hand...

Suddenly both combatants find themselves flying in the air...
    Looking up from the heap they landed in they see the HUGE Man of Muscle that had just kicked both their A$$E$...

Huge Man: "The Bowflex is nothing but TRASH and my little girl could Kick your A$$!"

Huge Man: "True muscles are built by Iron and Steel, it's to the Gym for muscles that's real!"

News Reporter: "...And there you have it... Never talk Bowflex around real Bodybuilders!"

Epilogue: Both Guys sold their Bowflex machines took the money and joined the Gym. They are now workout friends with Huge Man and have both become Iron Addicts.

FYI: Oh Yeah, If you dare ask the Guys now about Bowflex they will tell you that "Bowflex SUCK" while kicking your A$$!

...And now back to your regular programming...
    Last edited by Brother Steel; 06-26-2008 at 11:35 AM.
    Here's what is happening in my neck of the woods....

Paving the way so the rubber can hit the road!

Repping back since 06!
    Reps owed:

latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50) latrell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you can buy resistance bands.. for 20 bucks.. put like 2-3 heavy bands together and you have the max resistance of the bowflex.. voila.. incoorperate that into your training if you want.. not a relatively useless 2000 dollar machine
    Offering online personal training.. please PM for rates and complete info

Terminator734 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Terminator734 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    never knew any1 that uses it or gotten like those dudes in ads it does offer lot of workouts but they will never be as intense as you hitting weights in a real gym

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Brother Steel View Post
    ...And now we interrupt your regular programming to bring you the following breaking news...

News reporter: We now take you to an Argument in progress between two Bowflex lovers on the side walk in front of a conventional gym...

Guy 1: "My Bowflex... Is a Great a piece of exercise equipment!"
    Guy 2: "Oh NO! My Bowflex... is a Great coat rack!"

Guy 1: "With the Bowflex I can do sixty exercises on it!"
    Guy 2: "With the Bowflex I can hang sixty shirts on it!"

Guy 1: "I can build muscle with the Bowflex!"
    Guy 2: "I can stack towels on the bench!"

Guy 1: "I can get the Ultimate workout with it and have more energy!"
    Guy 2: "I can get my jeans dry on it and help the world save energy!"

Guy 1: "Look at these muscles built by working out on the Bowflex!"
    Guy 2: "Look at these muscles built by carrying laundry to the Bowflex!"

The argument gets heated...

Guy 1: "You have the physique of a BOY!"
    Guy 2: "You have the body of a little GIRL!"

A fight breaks out between the two Bowflex owners...

Guy 1: "I can kick your A$$!"
    Guy 2: "Prove it!"

Punches fly and kicks make contact as the two go head to head...
    Much to the First Guys dismay, his strength is no match for Laundry Guys (Guy 2) muscles...
    As the fray degrades, both opponents fall down to the sidewalk in a struggle for the upper hand...

Suddenly both combatants find themselves flying in the air...
    Looking up from the heap they landed in they see the HUGE Man of Muscle that had just kicked both their A$$E$...

Huge Man: "The Bowflex is nothing but TRASH and my little girl could Kick your A$$!"

Huge Man: "True muscles are built by Iron and Steel, it's to the Gym for muscles that's real!"

News Reporter: "...And there you have it... Never talk Bowflex around real Bodybuilders!"

Epilogue: Both Guys sold their Bowflex machines took the money and joined the Gym. They are now workout friends with Huge Man and have both become Iron Addicts.

FYI: Oh Yeah, If you dare ask the Guys now about Bowflex they will tell you that "Bowflex SUCK" while kicking your A$$!

...And now back to your regular programming...
    *crickets*

Props for putting so much though into that though.

josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10) josephhkim is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    *crickets*

Props for putting so much though into that though.
    lol i saw a block of text and i read the last line =D

bmar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bmar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    to be honest i dont see what the big f'n deal is about a boxflex. Do you think ur muscles really know if its using bands of using free weights. Ive used a bowflex before and you do get full ROM on it. Put it to a proper weight for you to have an explosive positve and a controlled neagtive (yada yada) and you will be working the fbers in your muscles as well as free weights ect ect. Now dont get me wrong Im a free weight guy. The only barbell i touch is squat or bb rows. besdie that i do dumbbells for everything. But I also know that a bowflex will certainly help you build muscle. faster, or better?? well, depends on a bunch of ****.

my two pennies. (2 cents)

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have a bowflex body!
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've got power rod technology ! Just ask my wife !

kingeric will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingeric will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingeric will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingeric will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingeric will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingeric will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingeric will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingeric will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingeric will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingeric will become famous soon enough. (+50) kingeric will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bmar22 View Post
    to be honest i dont see what the big f'n deal is about a boxflex. Do you think ur muscles really know if its using bands of using free weights. Ive used a bowflex before and you do get full ROM on it. Put it to a proper weight for you to have an explosive positve and a controlled neagtive (yada yada) and you will be working the fbers in your muscles as well as free weights ect ect. Now dont get me wrong Im a free weight guy. The only barbell i touch is squat or bb rows. besdie that i do dumbbells for everything. But I also know that a bowflex will certainly help you build muscle. faster, or better?? well, depends on a bunch of ****.

my two pennies. (2 cents)
    I think people go overboard in their criticism of home gyms like bowflex. They are what they are, tools to help people get in shape. You actually can build muscle with them.

Now, I think there's a line you cross as to how serious you are about bodybuilding. If you are really serious, you will move to weight-based methods, as you will not get huge of a bowflex, or any home gym for that matter since they constrain you to certain ways of working out.

As to specifics dislikes, one is the cost (you can buy free weights so much cheaper), two is flexibility (only so many things you can do on a home gym), and three is the progressive resistance, where you only get the full impact at the end of a rep.

So, while I would never claim that bowflex doesn't work, as any resistance exercise will build muscle, I would say that there are cheaper alternatives, and people should do more research before dropping $$$'s on a home gym when they could just get a bench and some free weights. But people get suckered in by slick marketing promising results which probably 99% of them will never achieve.

i dont' think people should comment unless they've actually owned a bowflex and used it extensively.

i own a bowflex ultimate 2 adn i've used it extensively and i can confidently say that its been the biggest waste of money.

i crank up the weight, and it still does not manage to give me a very good workout. the machien itself is not very sturdy adn it easily tips over when i'm trying ot do exercises with more weight. Especially when i'm doing stuff like lat pulldowns, i feel like the whole machien is going ot snap in half.

next, it really does nto work ur stabilizer muscles. even with the cables, theres barely any strain.

after wasting a year on that machine, i finally bought some free weights adn its likes black and white. my muscles are worked so much harder and i can only do about half the weight thta the bowflex claims i'm doing. and you can really feel ur stabilizer muscles working.

in the end, buying free weights was the best choice i ever made. and thtas coming from someone who owns and used the top of the line bowflex machine.

the only positive thign i can say was that the company has really good support and if you ever break anything, they'll send free parts out no questions asked. but it sorta sucks that the machine broke in the first place...