KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Bent over rows on incline bench ?

Ive always done my bent over barbell rows on a small 'support' like bench at my gym that's on about a 30 degree angle. It still allows you to stand, just has an area to rest your chest.

Is this much different from the regular non supported bent over rows ? Also curious.. does this type of 'bench' have a name ?

Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demon-seven will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KhoraskGTR View Post
    Ive always done my bent over barbell rows on a small 'support' like bench at my gym that's on about a 30 degree angle. It still allows you to stand, just has an area to rest your chest.

Is this much different from the regular non supported bent over rows ? Also curious.. does this type of 'bench' have a name ?
    I think it is about the same tho it reduces momentum.

EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Far from the same

It's far from the same, The Bent over Rows is Unsupported so you have to use your core muscles to stabilize your movements.

Were a Incline bent over row your chest is resting making the bench stabilize your body not your core.

The bench is called a "Sit up rack."
    Last edited by EbonX; 06-25-2008 at 03:55 AM.

KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EbonX View Post
    It's far from the same, The Bent over Rows is Unsupported so you have to use your core muscles to stabilize your movements.

Were a Incline bent over row your chest is resting making the bench stabilize your body not your core.

The bench is called a "Sit up rack."
    Any benefits from taking the core muscles out of the equation ?

Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KhoraskGTR View Post
    Any benefits from taking the core muscles out of the equation ?
    Focus more on the task at hand.

But taking core muscles out of the equation isnt something you want to do for all exercises. If you can perform bent over rows without a support, then by all means, let those core muscles benefit, hence benefits for you.

CroaT154 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CroaT154 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CroaT154 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CroaT154 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CroaT154 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CroaT154 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CroaT154 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CroaT154 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CroaT154 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CroaT154 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CroaT154 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    OT (sorta)

When your doing unsupported bent over rows (the regular kind), does your back have to be parallel to the floor or kind of upright?

I was doing rows with my back parallel and then I saw some example videos of how to perform them and all the guys have their backs a little upright and they bring the bar up to right under their ribs. I was bringing the bar up to my chest as if I was benching.

What is right?
    Come here and prove it!

EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EbonX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The best way to do a bent over row is on the smith machine. It's a supported movement so your only working you back.

Be sure to drop your shoulders on the down and then when you come up hit your chest and hold for 2 seconds while flexing as hard as possible. Weight lifting is all about Isolation.

bukshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) bukshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) bukshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) bukshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) bukshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) bukshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) bukshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) bukshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) bukshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) bukshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) bukshot will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CroaT154 View Post
    OT (sorta)

When your doing unsupported bent over rows (the regular kind), does your back have to be parallel to the floor or kind of upright?

I was doing rows with my back parallel and then I saw some example videos of how to perform them and all the guys have their backs a little upright and they bring the bar up to right under their ribs. I was bringing the bar up to my chest as if I was benching.

What is right?
    I think you'll find out there is no perfectly right way. Try em both out, I personally try and get as close to parallel as I can to really feel it in my lats.

Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by EbonX View Post
    The best way to do a bent over row is on the smith machine. It's a supported movement so your only working you back.

Be sure to drop your shoulders on the down and then when you come up hit your chest and hold for 2 seconds while flexing as hard as possible. Weight lifting is all about Isolation.
    "Smith Machine" and "best way" in the same sentence? wow

Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pacific-Baller is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't do it on the smith machine. Don't do anything on the smith machine. lol.

You can do them either parallel to floor or are an upright angle.. Your choice really. There is not that great of a difference, but it is a good way to hit your muscles from different angles and thus stimulate growth. And you should not be pulling it up to your chest, the bar should come up to around your belly button.

2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's MUCH easier on your lower back if you have back problems.