scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Critique My Workout!!!!! Anabolic Diet and Volume

I'm starting the anabolic diet, weekdays 60% fat, 30% protein, and 10% carbs (no more than 30grams a day), weekends 60% carbs, 30% protein, and 10% fat.

I'm eating about 3400-3600 calories a day, im looking for a lean bulk.

mon - CHEST

* Flat Bench Press 4x8 sets
    * Incline Bench Press 4x8 sets
    * Flat Dumbell Press 2x10 sets
    * Cable Flys 4x10 sets
    * Dips 4x15 sets

tues - BACK

* Deadlift 4x8 sets
    * Tbar Rows 4x10 sets
    * Lat Pulldown 4x10 sets
    * Cable Rows 4x10 sets
    * Bent Over Dumbell Rows 4x8 sets

wed - rest

th - LEGS

* Squats 4x8 sets
    * Leg Curl 4x12 sets
    * Leg Press 4x10 sets
    * Leg Extensions 4x12 sets
    * Hack Squat Calf Raises 4x10 sets
    * Seated Calf Raises 4x15 sets

fri - SHOULDERS

* Military Press 4x10 sets
    * Front Lateral Raises 4x10 sets
    * Bent Over Rear Lateral Raises 4x10 sets
    * Upright Rows 4x10 sets
    * DB Shurgs 4x10 sets

sat - ARMS

* Tricep Extensions 4x10 sets
    * Skullcrushers 4x10 sets
    * Close Grip Bench 4x8 sets
    * Overhead Extensions 4x10 sets
    * Dumbell Curls 4x10 sets
    * EZ bar Curls 4x10 sets
    * Barbell Curls 4x8 sets
    * Cable Curls Burnout 1 set

sun - rest

Lots of volume because my body is no longer responding to the first workout.
    I'll be doing abs every other day to finish up the workout with 3x30 crunches, 3x25 leg extensions, weighted cable crunches 3x20, and working each split once a week with swimming/surfing on the off days.

what do you think?
    Last edited by scrace; 06-24-2008 at 07:24 PM.
    “To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don't grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead you relax, and float.” ― Alan Watts

bpplates has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpplates has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpplates has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpplates has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpplates has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpplates has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpplates has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpplates has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpplates has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    if you wanna do a split you cant have that much volume...try this...

day 1-chest/triceps
    flat bench press 4x8
    2 chest assitance exercises 3x8
    2 tricep assistance exercises 3x8
    weighted situps

day 2-back/biceps
    deadlifts 4x8
    weighted pullups 3x8
    bent over rows 3x8
    biceps curls 3x8

day 3-legs
    squats 4x8
    quads 3x8
    hamstrings 3x8
    glues 3x8
    calf raises

day 4-shoulders and traps
    military press 4x8
    side dumbbell raises 3x8
    bent over lat raises 3x8
    vertical upright row 3x8
    dumbbell shrugs 3x8
    b/s/d
    235/185/315

LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) LoveANurse is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    how do you plan to get these macros. post diet remember lots of other options for a non responding body
    behind every great woman...is a man checking out her arse

Chuck Norris can make a woman climax by simply pointing & saying booya

If at first you don't succeed you're not Chuck Norris

When Chuck Norris wants an egg he cracks open a chicken

scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scrace is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bpplates View Post
    if you wanna do a split you cant have that much volume...try this...

day 1-chest/triceps
    flat bench press 4x8
    2 chest assitance exercises 3x8
    2 tricep assistance exercises 3x8
    weighted situps

day 2-back/biceps
    deadlifts 4x8
    weighted pullups 3x8
    bent over rows 3x8
    biceps curls 3x8

day 3-legs
    squats 4x8
    quads 3x8
    hamstrings 3x8
    glues 3x8
    calf raises

day 4-shoulders and traps
    military press 4x8
    side dumbbell raises 3x8
    bent over lat raises 3x8
    vertical upright row 3x8
    dumbbell shrugs 3x8
    first your a noob and dont post ever again with that bull****
    “To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don't grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead you relax, and float.” ― Alan Watts

Originally Posted by LoveANurse View Post
    how do you plan to get these macros. post diet remember lots of other options for a non responding body
    diet,

calories a day between 3400-3600

Meats, Cheese, and eggs.

Weekends anything i want, mostly carbs.

supplement stack:

pre-workout
    -BCAAs
    -whiteflood
    -creatine monohydrate

during workout
    -purplewraith

post workout
    -cellmass
    -BCAAs

Before bed
    -Whey Protein

bpplates has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpplates has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpplates has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpplates has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpplates has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpplates has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpplates has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpplates has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bpplates has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by scrace View Post
    diet,

calories a day between 3400-3600

Meats, Cheese, and eggs.

Weekends anything i want, mostly carbs.

supplement stack:

pre-workout
    -BCAAs
    -whiteflood
    -creatine monohydrate

during workout
    -purplewraith

post workout
    -cellmass
    -BCAAs

Before bed
    -Whey Protein
    lol your telling me my suggestions are bull**** when you take all those ****ty supplements?
    you only need whey/creatine for basic supps. if you want you can add dextrose. go ahead and waste your money on ****ty creatine supps.
    b/s/d
    235/185/315

Originally Posted by bpplates View Post
    lol your telling me my suggestions are bull**** when you take all those ****ty supplements?
    you only need whey/creatine for basic supps. if you want you can add dextrose. go ahead and waste your money on ****ty creatine supps.
    tool, did you not understand my first reply.... shhhhh

can i get some ****in input?

Lothur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lothur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lothur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lothur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lothur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lothur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lothur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have no experience with splits but...
    You may want to add in some side/lateral/whatever raises for shoulders because you're only hitting the anterior/posterior heads.
    I would do more hamstrings/glutes for legs. Maybe take out the leg extensions or leg presses and add in a stiff-leg deadlift or RDL.
    You could alternate between bicep/triceps exercises instead of all exercises for the triceps first then the biceps. And maybe take out one exercise for both bicep/triceps on arms day. You don't need 8 exercises for arms and 6 for legs with 3 being quad dominant and 2 calf dominant. You probably don't need the cable curl burnout set or the extension.

And from experience with the Anabolic Diet, keep the big muscles early in the week (legs, back, chest) and small muscles later. So what you have looks fine. I personally would like legs Monday, but Thursday would probably be fine.

But like I said, I have no experience with splits, this is off the top of my head.

Originally Posted by Lothur View Post
    I have no experience with splits but...
    You may want to add in some side/lateral/whatever raises for shoulders because you're only hitting the anterior/posterior heads.
    I would do more hamstrings/glutes for legs. Maybe take out the leg extensions or leg presses and add in a stiff-leg deadlift or RDL.
    You could alternate between bicep/triceps exercises instead of all exercises for the triceps first then the biceps. And maybe take out one exercise for both bicep/triceps on arms day. You don't need 8 exercises for arms and 6 for legs with 3 being quad dominant and 2 calf dominant. You probably don't need the cable curl burnout set or the extension.

And from experience with the Anabolic Diet, keep the big muscles early in the week (legs, back, chest) and small muscles later. So what you have looks fine. I personally would like legs Monday, but Thursday would probably be fine.

But like I said, I have no experience with splits, this is off the top of my head.
    yea the exercises are not listed in order i do them

but thanks

mossman8235 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mossman8235 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mossman8235 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mossman8235 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mossman8235 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mossman8235 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mossman8235 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mossman8235 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mossman8235 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mossman8235 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mossman8235 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the 5 day you posted looks good because of that rest day between back and legs. if you want to condense everything into 5 straight days, try going:

mon- chest
    tues- legs
    wed- arms
    thurs- shoulders
    fri- back

limit shoulder day to 2 working sets per exercise.
    Lift BIG or go home!