StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Lurching slightly forward when coming up from a squat

This isn't meant to happen? When I remove my butt from the ground and start moving up I slightly lurch forward a little and then recover is it meant to happen?

Also when I lower my ass to the ground it feels like a rest or tension is relived ever so briefly is this meant to happen?

doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by StillFat53 View Post
    This isn't meant to happen? When I remove my butt from the ground and start moving up I slightly lurch forward a little and then recover is it meant to happen?

Also when I lower my ass to the ground it feels like a rest or tension is relived ever so briefly is this meant to happen?
    ATG doesn't literally mean sit on the floor

rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rossmcd87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by doughnut91 View Post
    ATG doesn't literally mean sit on the floor
    Maximum Lifts

Squat = 154lbs 5RM (ATG) | Goal = 176lbs 5RM
    Deadlift = 253lbs 3RM / 275lb 1RM | Goal = 2x BW 5RM (On Hold whilst doing AllPro)
    Bench Press = 110lbs 5RM | Goal = 1x BW 5RM

"I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul." Invictus, William Ernest Henley.

JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JOoa0ky is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lurching forward is not a good thing... that means that the weight has shifted from your entire foot to the front of your feet, therefore you lurch.
    When you have a tonnage of weight on your back, you don't want to be shifting weight here and there... the bar path should be up and down only.
    Make a conscious effort to push through your heels.

The relief at the bottom of the hole... probably means that your rounding your lower back and butt winking. If you manage to keep your torso completely TIGHT at the bottom of the hole, you should feel an intense tension through your hamstrings and hips.

Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Probably means your chest is collapsing which causes the weight to shift from your heels. Focus on keeping your chest up.

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Agree with the two posters above.
    Also, just make sure your feet aren't too far "back" or under you. They probably aren't but you never know. If they are, the lurching could be your body trying to catch its balance.
    Do you have anyone who can take a video of you squatting so you can post it? It's a great way to get an accurate answer
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter

StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) StillFat53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JOoa0ky View Post
    Lurching forward is not a good thing... that means that the weight has shifted from your entire foot to the front of your feet, therefore you lurch.
    When you have a tonnage of weight on your back, you don't want to be shifting weight here and there... the bar path should be up and down only.
    Make a conscious effort to push through your heels.

The relief at the bottom of the hole... probably means that your rounding your lower back and butt winking. If you manage to keep your torso completely TIGHT at the bottom of the hole, you should feel an intense tension through your hamstrings and hips.
    Definitely feels like the weight has shifted. I am using dumbells resting on my shoulders even though it's only 80 pounds it's hard to keep the feckers steady on my shoulder, they want to drip forward. (I workout at home) Yeah **** I dun goof'd think I am probably am rounding feel a load of strain on my lower back and then I think I round.

Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    Probably means your chest is collapsing which causes the weight to shift from your heels. Focus on keeping your chest up.
    Yeah I am new I think my form is OK the lurching tends to happen when I am at failure but I try to push one more but I fall forward as coming up as legs dont have the strength

Originally Posted by kitpapa View Post
    Agree with the two posters above.
    Also, just make sure your feet aren't too far "back" or under you. They probably aren't but you never know. If they are, the lurching could be your body trying to catch its balance.
    Do you have anyone who can take a video of you squatting so you can post it? It's a great way to get an accurate answer
    Is there any household items I could use to put under the balls of my feet to push me back? I got my excercise matt under there but it doesn't raise my feet enough

Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dan_S has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You're using dumbbells on your shoulders? I don't know that you're going to be able to keep the weight in a spot that allows it to be distributed in the right spot.

You've probably outgrown your home gym.