Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by statisticool View Post
    Very intersting

Out of 87 workouts, I have done

chinups: in 34 workouts, for 329 reps total.
    dips: in 26 workouts, for 337 reps total.

I think that is reasonable, especially if the workout order is changed such that the body part isn't getting exercised in the same way each workout, that will minimize repeated use injury.
    repeated use injury?

I've been doing squats 1-4 sets of 5 reps 3x a week for the past 2 months and I've added 20lbs onto 5 rep max in that time, put 20lbs on my front squat in a month doing paused 1 rep maxes 3x a week, and I've yet to have a leg injury...
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

outlawplby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

dip aNd pull ups are my cufusion starter

Originally Posted by miscman View Post
    Before the workout police get in here, let me say that my father was poor and only had access to a playground (during his late teens) with monkey bars. He never weight lifted, only did pullups and dips and obtained a very impressive upperbody within a short period of time. He did them everyday. Within 2 years, he went from 125lbs to around 175lbs.. very impressive considering he has never worked out legs.

Only pushups, pullups, and dips. Obviously, his progress shows that you don't necessarily need a day of rest in between and that you can workout the same bodyparts multiple times a week. Atleast 50 pullups, 50 dips, and 50 pushups every single day. Maybe this is because these exercises aren't as "high-intensity" as weight-lifting. Gymnasts do them everyday as well 40 hours a week.

Anyone here perform pullups/dips/pushups everyday?

Ofcourse, I won't go crazy like him since I plan to be in the gym 3 times a week. I am doing maybe 2 sets of 10 pullups and dips everyday since I just got one of those 2 in 1 pullup/dip bars. It really doesn't seem harmful and doesn't affect my strength in the gym.
    i try and do them as a warm up about 40 pull ups and 80 dips its great

Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I worked in a NYC men's homeless shelter for a while and a lot of the guys who had done time trained exclusively with dips, pullups, and pushups and were pretty big/ripped (some more than others). It's something that can work well for some people but is inconsistent given how many more people a traditional bodybuilding program would work for.

Daily pullups/dips/pushups can be used for bodybuilding, but you have to be careful not to go to failure or to push it too much with endurance. Since you wouldn't want to get too involved, it kind of wouldn't make much sense to do them unless you just like them. Then by all means go ahead.

vadimroschin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been doin em every 2 days, minus the dips.

Similar situation, I can't really afford the time or gym membership so just by doing those so far for a month and a half I've gained so much strength, it's unbelievable. My shoulders and arms overall are more defined, it's great.

Prettyboy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prettyboy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prettyboy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prettyboy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prettyboy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prettyboy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prettyboy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prettyboy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prettyboy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prettyboy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Prettyboy1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FitzChivalry View Post
    I take it you guys aren't impressed by gymnasts and their severe overtraining.
    I am deffinitely impressed with gymnast, and their severe overtraining, based on the severe results they seem to achieve. Both asthetically, and athletically. It part of what made me decide to try an all out set in the morning, and evening of pullps, dips, and pushups, and see where it takes me. But I wonder? Do you guys think I should try everyday at that rate? And train the rest of my body nornal, or just stick to every other day?
    Just entered pullups competition! Goal is to get as many as possible by the end of 2012.

thismustbekirk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thismustbekirk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thismustbekirk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thismustbekirk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thismustbekirk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thismustbekirk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thismustbekirk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thismustbekirk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thismustbekirk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Cool Yes

Originally Posted by miscman View Post
    Before the workout police get in here, let me say that my father was poor and only had access to a playground (during his late teens) with monkey bars. He never weight lifted, only did pullups and dips and obtained a very impressive upperbody within a short period of time. He did them everyday. Within 2 years, he went from 125lbs to around 175lbs.. very impressive considering he has never worked out legs.

Only pushups, pullups, and dips. Obviously, his progress shows that you don't necessarily need a day of rest in between and that you can workout the same bodyparts multiple times a week. Atleast 50 pullups, 50 dips, and 50 pushups every single day. Maybe this is because these exercises aren't as "high-intensity" as weight-lifting. Gymnasts do them everyday as well 40 hours a week.

Anyone here perform pullups/dips/pushups everyday?

Ofcourse, I won't go crazy like him since I plan to be in the gym 3 times a week. I am doing maybe 2 sets of 10 pullups and dips everyday since I just got one of those 2 in 1 pullup/dip bars. It really doesn't seem harmful and doesn't affect my strength in the gym.
    My father went to a highschool with a very nice weight room. But his running back with an immaculate body, like a black Greek god, gave him a workout. Do ten pull-ups, do 25 dips, 50 push-ups. Three sets of it. His philosophy was #1 PERFECT FORM, even if you don't hurt yourself using bad form you will not recieve gains that you will be pleased with. #2 the high number of reps build endurance which build explosive power. My father went from 225 to 250 lbs in one summer and after a year got under 490 pushed it up. 500 pushed it up. A lot of gyms have counterbalanced dips/pull-up machines which are good for bigger guys. Work hard or settle for mediocre.

shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shadowbobo8028 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    oh gosh if I did dips everyday my shoulders would be done...

heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Dips pushups pull ups BW squats etc. calisthenics are great, there is a limit to how big you'll get with them though.
    Follow my quest for 100,000 pull ups this year

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asj9kQZoAthCdEwyN3JWdEE3cFdnOC1YcTRZR01kVVE#gid=0

Registered User transamdroptp08's Avatar
    transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transamdroptp08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Before my shoulders got to be a issue I would do 40-50 widegrip pull ups a day. When I started doing them I could get 3-4 underhand at about 160-170 @6'4. After doing these and working out for the last 13+ years I at my peak about 7 years ago could do about 35 widgrip overhand with some weight between my legs for proper Marine Corps pull ups at 6'5 and about 250-260.