volks1470 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) volks1470 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) volks1470 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) volks1470 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) volks1470 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) volks1470 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) volks1470 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) volks1470 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) volks1470 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Collar bone hurts during dips?

Just thought I'd throw it out there, I was doing dips with 45lbs and afterwards I had sharp pain in the collar bone area. It went away after awhile. Was I doing something wrong putting too much pressure on them or something?

pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd also like to know... this happens to me pretty much every time I do dips. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have to ease myself off when I finish, otherwise my collar bone area hurts alot. It doesn't hurt when I'm actually doing the dips, though.

dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000)
    I hurt my left shoulder doing dips. I'll never do them again. They put ALOT of pressure on you shoulders because of how far your elbows go behind your back. I was like you guys in that it didn't actually hurt while doing them, but later it ached. After 6 months my shoulder is just now starting to feel better. Be careful!

/JV/ is just really nice. (+1000) /JV/ is just really nice. (+1000) /JV/ is just really nice. (+1000) /JV/ is just really nice. (+1000) /JV/ is just really nice. (+1000) /JV/ is just really nice. (+1000) /JV/ is just really nice. (+1000) /JV/ is just really nice. (+1000) /JV/ is just really nice. (+1000) /JV/ is just really nice. (+1000) /JV/ is just really nice. (+1000)
    I had that happen when I started doing weighted dips. Previously I had only done bodyweight dips. I think I just added too much too fast. I've gone back to bodyweight dips. I've decided that I go heavy on my other chest exercises that I'll leave dips as a higher rep exercise. Does it happen when you do bodyweight dips?

I think the angle of your body may come into play. You might feel it if you're leaning into the dip. Try to keep your torso upright and your feet under you instead of behind you.

Also, do some searches in this forum on dips and collarbones. I remember seeing this topic in the past.

Hope this helps.

XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000) XanderMander is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's a weakness of the AC joint in the shoulder. If you feel pain, regardless of exercise tempo (eg. slow and controlled tempo), do not continue doing them! The problem will persist and worsen.

Again this is not a Muscular issue, it is a ligament issue. It will not go away if you continue to dip! Ligaments and Tendons take weeks to heal, and if you do persist, you risk serious shoulder damage, hindering all pressing movements.

I'm super cereal guys, stop dipping for a couple of weeks until the pain subsides, and when you resume, do them less frequently.

Edit: I understand that the pain is in the clavicle, that is the AC joint.
    Westside Video Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119472941

The new _Bladen_, now with 10% LESS FRAUD! :D

"You look pretty good, considering I don't do you." -Nom Z

pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pj_rage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think my pain is a little different than the OPs. Mine isn't a sharp pain at all. It is just that if I get right off the bars after dips, my collar bone area is VERY achy. It is still achy if I "ease" myself off, but it is bearable. Almost like I was going down too far or something. I try to go to 90*, but maybe I'm over doing it?

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by volks1470 View Post
    Just thought I'd throw it out there, I was doing dips with 45lbs and afterwards I had sharp pain in the collar bone area. It went away after awhile. Was I doing something wrong putting too much pressure on them or something?
    If it's below the neck, it sounds like the sternoclavicular joint(s). If it's closer to the front delts, it might be the AC joint. Either way you don't want problems there.

Here's an old post that explains some ways to dip more safely: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=15