Frog. is just really nice. (+1000) Frog. is just really nice. (+1000) Frog. is just really nice. (+1000) Frog. is just really nice. (+1000) Frog. is just really nice. (+1000) Frog. is just really nice. (+1000) Frog. is just really nice. (+1000) Frog. is just really nice. (+1000) Frog. is just really nice. (+1000) Frog. is just really nice. (+1000) Frog. is just really nice. (+1000)

Does it matter *when* you sleep as long as you get 7-8 hours?

I'm a college student who usually goes to bed very late, at around 3-4 AM in the morning, sometimes even 5 AM.

At the same time, however, im on summer break, so I'm still accustomed to this sleeping habit even though I don't need to stay up so late anymore. Regardless of sleeping so late, I still get the 8 hours of recommended sleep.

Trust me, I've tried sleeping earlier just because it seems like it should be better, but all that happens is I lie in bed at 1 in the morning, restless and unable to fall asleep for hours.

So, does it really matter when I go to bed?

P.S. How many times a week do you guys usually work out? I don't work out until my soreness is totally gone, which takes about 4 days... So needless to say, the most I've worked out was 2 times a week. Any thoughts?

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's best to sleep when its dark out, as this is in accordance with your circadian rythm. Your body reacts hormonally to how bright or dark it is outside, and the dark optimizes your hormones for a resting state.

That aside, you can sleep/eat/drink whenever you want, you're a big boy now.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

cakes45cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cakes45cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cakes45cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cakes45cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cakes45cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cakes45cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cakes45cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cakes45cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cakes45cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cakes45cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cakes45cal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just saw something On TV about Melatonin (Only Legal Hormone In US) anyway Look it up online, some say I worked wonders another said she was Groggy when she took it, Maybe you could try it till you get back on track

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RU4A69 View Post
    It's best to sleep when its dark out, as this is in accordance with your circadian rythm. Your body reacts hormonally to how bright or dark it is outside, and the dark optimizes your hormones for a resting state.

That aside, you can sleep/eat/drink whenever you want, you're a big boy now.

hey RU, buddy, you really beat me to the punch there...excellently worded, all around!!

Geneticz is a name known to all. (+5000) Geneticz is a name known to all. (+5000) Geneticz is a name known to all. (+5000) Geneticz is a name known to all. (+5000) Geneticz is a name known to all. (+5000) Geneticz is a name known to all. (+5000) Geneticz is a name known to all. (+5000) Geneticz is a name known to all. (+5000) Geneticz is a name known to all. (+5000) Geneticz is a name known to all. (+5000) Geneticz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by cakes45cal View Post
    I just saw something On TV about Melatonin (Only Legal Hormone In US) anyway Look it up online, some say I worked wonders another said she was Groggy when she took it, Maybe you could try it till you get back on track

x2

melatonin will help you

thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500)
    like they said, it's best for your overall health to go to bed earlier and sleep while it's dark, and then wake up early in the morning.

that being said, im just like you. if im in bed at 3 AM then i'd consider that an early bed time. i've never been able to fall asleep early, even if i don't sleep at all one night to help me fall asleep earlier the next night, i'll be tired as hell and want to pass out for the entire next day, but as soon as i try to go to bed i am wide awake and can't fall asleep til at least 3 am. it sucks

anyways, i don't think it affects your recovery at all. you'd be better off going to bed and waking up nice and early, but as long as you get enough sleep you're fine as far as bodybuilding goes

Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have worked the evening shift at work for 3+ years. I dont get home from the gym till 3-4am. Your body adjusts to it as long as it is constent. Hell even on my days off I CANT sleep before 2-3AM I have tried but all I do is lay there staring at the ceiling.

The others are correct about the dark however, that is why my bed room has black out shades, I can make my room too dark to see your own hand in front of your face even at high noon on a sunny day. I sleep like a baby till noonish..
    Jaber Style Training - To perform ATG SQUATS (3X10) before EVERY workout. GAINS!!!

Products I currently use and get results from.

RecoverPro - BCAA
    TestoPro - Natural Test Booster
    Maniac - PreWorkout
    Essenials - Multi + Creatine + joint support + beta alanine + BCAA

Anabolic Innovations Board Rep
    www.anabolicinnovations.com
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm
    MFF forever!

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you can't adhere to normal sleeping patterns, regularity is best.

Do what you do, everyday. Our bodies are excellent at adapting.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    If you can't adhere to normal sleeping patterns, regularity is best.

Do what you do, everyday. Our bodies are excellent at adapting.
    I agree, try going to bed the same time each night, your body will adapt, I work the night shift so I don't sleep at night, but I do go to bed the same time each day, and I have adapted and never feel sleepy, as already metioned melatotin, as well as valerian root, gaba, 5-htp, and zma are all good supplements that will help you sleep