Registered User southwest-rider's Avatar
    southwest-rider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is having a whey protein shake before and after workout bad ???

Hello everyone, I am definetly new to BB.
    My question may be kinda stupid, but because of my work sched. the easiest thing for me to do is have a protein shake 30 min before my workout followed by another protein shake after the workout, unless I wait more than 1 to 1.5 hrs after my workout to eat again.
    Is this bad, or should I limit to 1 shake either before or after a workout and try harder to get a meal instead...
    Thanx. Any and all comments are greatly appreciated.

Some other details that may be of interest, I am doing Rippetoe's Starting Strength routine for the next few weeks.
    I am 30yrs old, 160lbs, 17%BF
    Just completed a 100% raw food diet, which surprisingly is very good and effective, but I missed regular food.

Gegezerg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gegezerg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gegezerg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gegezerg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gegezerg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gegezerg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gegezerg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gegezerg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gegezerg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gegezerg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gegezerg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's fine but add a banana to the post wo shake and you're good to go

Registered User southwest-rider's Avatar
    southwest-rider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hmmm good idea on the banana.
    Also was wondering, if it would be better to prepare a sandwich for my PWO meal. Two pieces of whole grain, lettuce tomato and other veggies with either turkey or ham. Would this make a good choice, it has carbs, protein and fat.
    What makes a good PWO meal ???

Also I dont have a lot of time before I go to sleep after my workout, usually about 3 hrs.

SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by southwest-rider View Post
    Hmmm good idea on the banana.
    Also was wondering, if it would be better to prepare a sandwich for my PWO meal. Two pieces of whole grain, lettuce tomato and other veggies with either turkey or ham. Would this make a good choice, it has carbs, protein and fat.
    What makes a good PWO meal ???

Also I dont have a lot of time before I go to sleep after my workout, usually about 3 hrs.
    post work out should be simple carbs, not complex.. skip the whole grains post workout, white bagel, white rice, gatorade, so your insulin will spike and nutrients will be able to delivered at the appropriate pace.. and yes have a whey shake before and after, and take your BCAA's and glutamine too!

consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500) consciouschef is not very helpful. (-500)
    Never drink protein within an hour of working out. You could die.

chuddrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) chuddrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) chuddrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) chuddrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) chuddrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) chuddrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) chuddrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) chuddrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) chuddrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) chuddrick will become famous soon enough. (+50) chuddrick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just stay away from cell tech

Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by chuddrick View Post
    Just stay away from cell tech
    lol love the hate on these boards
    On a journey to the brighter side of life.
    Writing about depression & self-development.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My blog: www.boyunderthebridge.com
    ---------------------------------------------------

Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by consciouschef View Post
    Never drink protein within an hour of working out. You could die.

ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironraider52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    grind up sum oats and throw it in ur pre shake with an apple or sumthing thats fruit thats fast and easy.