McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

My left pointer finger is numb?

Yesterday i was doing some pulling movements for my lats and my finger became numb not completely but it feels cold. there is no pain or any thing and i can still move it. i just don't know what happened?
    -McCann-
    -Think negative and never be disappointed-
    -Eat right, exercise regularly, die anyway-
    -2 CREW-
    -To the ones that help me get out of that RED-mrawdtsi Mephisto91 gergesa Chase5455 hoganrulz Baboun Cease2xist Skeffridge MultiSmasher the-craig pdiddy77065 B.A.B. StUck686 graysonwc VelvetKush litoris sssick DAVEZILLA-
    -KingGabe-
    -Swolebraahh-

McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250) McCannons has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    anyone?
    -McCann-
    -2 CREW-
    -To the ones that help me get out of that RED-mrawdtsi Mephisto91 gergesa Chase5455 hoganrulz Baboun Cease2xist Skeffridge MultiSmasher the-craig pdiddy77065 B.A.B. StUck686 graysonwc VelvetKush litoris sssick DAVEZILLA-
    -KingGabe-
    -Swolebraahh-

AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50) AphtaLyfe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pinched nerve in your elbow most likely. Should go away on its own.

ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ^^ nope - ulnar nerve sensory distribution is the pinky and half of the ring finger.

Pointer finger could be carpal tunnel syndrome, C6 or (much less likely) a brachial plexopathy.
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7069091

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I would guess that you either have a disc problem at C6 or the nerve is being squeezed upon as it passes through the scalenes (on the side of the neck) or under the pec minor. If your thumb is not numb, I would guess one of the latter two.

If it is one of the latter, an Active Release Therapist should be able to help you.

Best,
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.

ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Dr Clay View Post
    I would guess that you either have a disc problem at C6 or the nerve is being squeezed upon as it passes through the scalenes (on the side of the neck) or under the pec minor. If your thumb is not numb, I would guess one of the latter two.

If it is one of the latter, an Active Release Therapist should be able to help you.

Best,
    It would be very unlikely to be a brachial plexopathy considering only his thumb is numb and (I think) he is experiencing no weakness.
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7069091

melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ben has covered all the likely neurologic causes, the fact you were doing lat pulldowns when it happens does kind of make me think of a C6 injury.

I am interested by the OP's description of the finger being 'cold'. OP: Did you mean it feels cold because it is numb, or is it cold to the touch? Did you notice any colour changes in the finger? And how long did it last?
    The first rule of cheat club is you do not talk about cheat club. The second rule of cheat club is you DO NOT talk about cheat club. Third rule of cheat cub, someone yells stop!, goes limp, taps out, the cheat is over. Fourth rule, one cheat at a time, fellas. Fifth rule, cheats will go on as long as they have to. And the sixth and final rule, if this is your first night at cheat club, you have to cheat.

Join us...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=267863

I have not lossed any weakness and i don't think i have a back or any other major problem. i still able to do all of my workouts with out a problem.
    It feels cold beacuse its numb like the way it feels when your leg falls asleep or something.
    -McCann-
    -2 CREW-
    -KingGabe-
    -Swolebraahh-

inkaddiction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkaddiction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This may sound stupid but do you wear wrist wraps? When i get to training very heavy I start pulling my wrist wraps tighter and tighter until I start to lose feeling. I only lose feeling in my index finger though. Sorry i don't have a medical reply but simply trying to help.
    Numbness in the hands is also a sign of to high of a dosage of HGH.

Originally Posted by inkaddiction View Post
    This may sound stupid but do you wear wrist wraps? When i get to training very heavy I start pulling my wrist wraps tighter and tighter until I start to lose feeling. I only lose feeling in my index finger though. Sorry i don't have a medical reply but simply trying to help.
    Numbness in the hands is also a sign of to high of a dosage of HGH.
    Yes i do use wrist straps, but only on one or two excersises when the weight is to much for me too hold. I think i just strained a nerve in my hand or something.
    And unless im producing that much HGH naturally i highy doubt that cause.
    -McCann-
    -2 CREW-
    -KingGabe-
    -Swolebraahh-

_DoWork_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi McCannons,

Just wondering what ever happened with this? Did the numbness go away on its own? I was shrugging yesterday and the same thing happened to me. I have numbness/tingling (like its asleep) in the very tip of my right pointer finger. It doesnt hurt at all and its only been about 12 hours since it happened but I didnt know if its something I should be really concerned with.

Originally Posted by _DoWork_ View Post
    Hi McCannons,

Just wondering what ever happened with this? Did the numbness go away on its own? I was shrugging yesterday and the same thing happened to me. I have numbness/tingling (like its asleep) in the very tip of my right pointer finger. It doesnt hurt at all and its only been about 12 hours since it happened but I didnt know if its something I should be really concerned with.
    yes it did, thinking about it now i have dislocated my shoulder three times so it has to be that, but it did go away. i also found out that i have to heriated dics in l4 l5 regions but the numbness in my arm is not caused by that
    -McCann-
    -2 CREW-
    -KingGabe-
    -Swolebraahh-

xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000) xlb57 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by _DoWork_ View Post
    Hi McCannons,

Strong bump on my part.

This just happened to me yesterday, except with deadlifts. Tip of my right pointer finger is numb / tingly. I was using straps. This has happened one other time as well and happens toward the end of my last set (when I am fatigued).

What could be the issue here? Loosened grip which causes increased tightening of the strap on the wrist - Hitting a nerve or something?

yes it went away, now i got bit by my dog (i was rough housing) and he pinched a nerve in my pinkie haha. teeth did not break skin it was just in an akward position
    -McCann-
    -2 CREW-
    -KingGabe-
    -Swolebraahh-

Registered User nothinbutmuscle's Avatar
    nothinbutmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Numbness left index finger.

Hey know this might sound dumb! But I'm feeling the same tingling and numbness but it's in my left index finger. I was doing lat pull down and then the next day I woke up with this, i can still do all my exercises but if i swing my whole arm or if i raise my whole arm like stretching with my finger straight up i feel tingling and numbness, any help would be great appreciated
    For example should I take Motrin, Advil etc
    Or should I rest or just do less weight.

Thanks guys for any help u guys can give me.

Mr.Roarke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr.Roarke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr.Roarke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr.Roarke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr.Roarke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr.Roarke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr.Roarke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr.Roarke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr.Roarke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr.Roarke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr.Roarke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol bump, I'm having the same problem the last couple days.
    Hey gideon! Ive been looking at your wall, its pretty frickin sickening bro.

Liberalism is cancer.

acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) acrobat2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "I would guess that you either have a disc problem at C6 "

"Dr Clay's" claim that you would get an isolated 2nd digit numbness from a cervical injury or other spinal cord injury is kind of absurd to me. The sensory in that finger would indeed be the median nerve as described above but if you cut that off, you'd get other deficits not just one finger. If there is indeed neural injury involved in this it would be very distal, and I would think past the wrist where carpal tunnel would be. You can try tinel's test and phalen's test to test for carpal but it sounds more distal to me, and doesn't make any sense.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phalen_maneuver

Peripheral nerves that would be very distal are going to heal in most cases even if you injure them severely. For example, if you caught your hand in a bike chain or such I've seen people lose sensation in one finger. The nerve will heal at about 1/2 inch to an inch a year if it's severely injured. This injury you're describing sounds something like a bike chain injury I've seen. Perhaps if you had a lot of inflammation in your hands/grip muscles the nerve could have been overly compressed (add bar weight compression on your fingers/joints as a cause as well) and developed a neuropathy (almost like a sort of compression syndrome). I agree with above advice of trying some ibuprofen as anti inflammatory agent. I guess the only advice to consider would be the the obvious thing to do- avoid lifting to avoid exacerbating it but it depends how important it is to. Seems like a pretty minor issue to me though I can't say for sure. Could always see a neurologist if you like.
    Last edited by acrobat2000; 09-15-2014 at 09:32 PM.