Here are five great competition bp tips I have learned from the NASA President & other top bp competitors.
1. Your last heavy bench press workout should be 7-10 days before your next bp competition.
2. Use no more than 80% max because if you do a Max Single within a week to 10 days of the Meet, you can automatically take 5% to 7% off that amount for your max on meet day.
3. 1-3 weeks before a bench press meet you can't get that much stronger, but you sure can get a lot weaker.
4. Ice your elbows 2-3 times before your bench press competition.
5. Your bp will suffer the most when you loose wt. You can plan on losing about 3 lbs from your bp per lb. of bwt lost AFTER the first 3 lbs of lost bwt. The lighter you are the more dramatic the effects.
"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL