Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000) musclePavel is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by realistromeo View Post
    This question has an answer as definitive as this one....

Which is better for bodybuilding....a short bicep or a long bicep?

clearly the answer cannot be quantified by these two variables alone.

As far as yout torso comment is concerned it realy boils down to what the muscles surrounding the torso are doing.

Classic case of Long vs short...was RONNIE vs FLEX WHEELER 1999 Olympia.
    true, the tendecy we can see through the history of olympia winners, is that short torso bodybuilders tend to get the sandow... like people already have mentioned in previous posts.

Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DiamondDelts View Post
    Yep, Long torsos are definitely an ecto characterstic. Most barrell chested, stalky guys with strong meso features have short torsos.
    I dunno I believe I read in Arnolds encylopedia ectomorphs have a short torso. In fact i just looked it up ectomorph "characterized by a short upper body"

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    I dunno I believe I read in Arnolds encylopedia ectomorphs have a short torso. In fact i just looked it up ectomorph "characterized by a short upper body"
    maybe it's a typo and he meant to put it under meso,lol.

Every ecto I've seen has a long torso and long limbs. They tend to have high lats with small chests and ribcages though.

tHIS IS sPARTA! AmericanBulldog's Avatar
    AmericanBulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanBulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanBulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanBulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanBulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanBulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanBulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanBulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanBulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanBulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AmericanBulldog has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Long torso's the best.

Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Huss! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i know i have a short torso... my upperbody is really short compared to my legs...

i think arnold was right... ecto;s have short torso

BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100) BB fanatic is not very well liked. (-100)
    Both the long and short torso have their good and bad points.
    I like both. I mean that pic of arnold ; COME ON!!
    Although, at the end of the day , I prefer the short torso simply because I like the look of excessive bulk that it allows. giant pecs,shoulders and the lats big bulky and hanging like Yates.
    Then again I am a big fan of Dennis Wolf.
    AHHHHHHHHHH S**t at the end I just like both.

Thats why I am a BB fanatic!

wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) wala is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    Every ecto I've seen has a long torso and long limbs. They tend to have high lats with small chests and ribcages though.
    Dude, you just described me before I started working out
    IG: waldronconstruction

LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by AmericanBulldog View Post
    Long torso's the best.
    Agreed. Men are all about the upper body. More upper body = Better. Looks more masculine too and the study by Swami et al concluded women prefer it. Long and slender legs are for women. Hence the heels obsession.

This does not mean that you can't build a great physique or win Olympia's with a short torso. Though IMO it's a big structural flaw in terms of becoming 'massive'. The waist and gut get out of hand, too quick. Ronnie, Kai look bad with too much mass.

It's funny, puts height into a different perspective. Proportion and structure are way more important. Guys with short torsos who are 6'+ look worse IMO than a 5' 9" guy with a longer torso. He's as tall/taller sitting down.

It's embarassing if you sit down with a chick and you're the same height. It's funny, many tall guys with short torsos need their long legs to feel tall, yet don't train them as they aren't 'important enough'. Instead devote their time to their midget torsos. Lulz.
    Last edited by LevroneFan2002; 05-20-2009 at 05:21 PM.
    My routine:

Mon - Biceps
    Tues - Triceps
    Wed - Biceps
    Thurs - Triceps
    Fri - Biceps
    Sat - Triceps
    Sun - Rest

You can't see back and legs, don't waste your time with that nonsense!

On the way to 200+ pounds KevinSorbo's Avatar
    KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KevinSorbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    maybe it's a typo and he meant to put it under meso,lol.

I have to disagree, ever ecto I've seen -including myself- has had long limbs, and a short torso with various levels of lat insertions and chest height, though usually the chests seem pretty high.

LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LevroneFan2002 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by KevinSorbo View Post
    I have to disagree, ever ecto I've seen -including myself- has had long limbs, and a short torso with various levels of lat insertions and chest height, though usually the chests seem pretty high.
    IMO there's little correlation between torso:leg ratio and ****totype.

Kevin Levrone, Mike Matarazzo, Nasser El Sonbaty, Dexter Jackson, Lee Priest, Jay Cutler, Tom Prince - All these guys had longer torsos, and they span the whole range of ****totype.

Priest = Meso-Endo, Levrone = Meso-Ecto, Jackson = Ecto, Cutler = Meso-Endo, Sonbaty = Endo etc.
    My routine:

Mon - Biceps
    Tues - Triceps
    Wed - Biceps
    Thurs - Triceps
    Fri - Biceps
    Sat - Triceps
    Sun - Rest

pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I have a super short torso with high lats. How is this possible...
    And I have short arms with bad insertions lulz.

CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LevroneFan2002 View Post
    Agreed. Men are all about the upper body. More upper body = Better. Looks more masculine too and the study by Swami et al concluded women prefer it. Long and slender legs are for women. Hence the heels obsession.

This does not mean that you can't build a great physique or win Olympia's with a short torso. Though IMO it's a big structural flaw in terms of becoming 'massive'. The waist and gut get out of hand, too quick. Ronnie, Kai look bad with too much mass.

It's funny, puts height into a different perspective. Proportion and structure are way more important. Guys with short torsos who are 6'+ look worse IMO than a 5' 9" guy with a longer torso. He's as tall/taller sitting down.

It's embarassing if you sit down with a chick and you're the same height. It's funny, many tall guys with short torsos need their long legs to feel tall, yet don't train them as they aren't 'important enough'. Instead devote their time to their midget torsos. Lulz.
    One of the most idiotic posts I ever seen you post.

Badly muscle dymorphic Shagrath's Avatar
    Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Iron Monster View Post
    Definatly short. I think it hurts Dennis Wolf a lot having that long torso. It makes it look like theres a huge area of the body that has almost no muscle. I wish I had a short torso, unfortunatly, im 6'6'' .
    few people are dissapointed about being 6"6 brah
    R.I.P Darrel "Dimebag" Abbot, ...August 20, 1966 - December 8, 2004...you are a true ****in legend

"Just because somebody offends you with their opinion it doesn't give you the right to saddle them with a clinical condition" - Pat Condell on "Islamophobia"

The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500) The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500) The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500) The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500) The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500) The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500) The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500) The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500) The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500) The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500) The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500)
    Guys with long torso look more aesthetically pleasing as a whole. Gymnasts usually have short upper bodies and longer legs and they always look physically impressive to me.

Bodybuilders and actors like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Steve Reeves, Reg Park, Mike Mentzer, Jean-Claude Van Damme and Sylvester Stallone have short torso and long legs.

Pro bodybuilders like John Grimek, Mike Matarazzo and Dexter Jackson have very long upper bodies and short legs and you know how I'm not a fan of Dexter with regards to this. It just doesn't look pleasing. It's good though that Dexter has extreme muscular development that's why he's Mr. Olympia.

It may be better to have a longer torso for a good upper body mass foundation and thus for bodybuilding basically but aesthetically speaking a short torso with long legs is the trademark of a beautiful and perfect form seen on a human body.

Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by The_Beyonder View Post
    Guys with long torso look more aesthetically pleasing as a whole. Gymnasts usually have short upper bodies and longer legs and they always look physically impressive to me.

Bodybuilders and actors like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Steve Reeves, Reg Park, Mike Mentzer, Jean-Claude Van Damme and Sylvester Stallone have short torso and long legs.

Pro bodybuilders like John Grimek, Mike Matarazzo and Dexter Jackson have very long upper bodies and short legs and you know how I'm not a fan of Dexter with regards to this. It just doesn't look pleasing. It's good though that Dexter has extreme muscular development that's why he's Mr. Olympia.

It may be better to have a longer torso for a good upper body mass foundation and thus for bodybuilding basically but aesthetically speaking a short torso with long legs is the trademark of a beautiful and perfect form seen on a human body.

You are red already???

The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500) The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500) The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500) The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500) The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500) The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500) The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500) The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500) The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500) The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500) The_Beyonder is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by SickBoy_Cage View Post
    You are red already???
    Give me so green bro. Lol.

Originally Posted by The_Beyonder View Post
    Nothing beautiful about playing the mass game with a short torso. At least Arnold was clever and knew what he was working with structurally. You are more prone to that squatty look when your torso is short.
    My routine:

Mon - Biceps
    Tues - Triceps
    Wed - Biceps
    Thurs - Triceps
    Fri - Biceps
    Sat - Triceps
    Sun - Rest

forza410 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    short torso is considered an ectomorphic trait because the legs will be longer than a person of the same height with longer torso--long limbs are an ecto. trait, as is short torso and narrow rib cage. While the short torso can be advantageous on some because it can make the upper body look thicker the disadvantage is the legs-in proportion to height-will be longer and appear thinner-requiring a lot of work to fill out.

Myogain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myogain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myogain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myogain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myogain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myogain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Arnold's lat insertions looked like they were at his waist, IMO the most impressive torso of all time.

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Myogain View Post
    Arnold's lat insertions looked like they were at his waist, IMO the most impressive and popular chest of all time.
    fixed for accuracy
    Cha Cha Cha

Gosu is not very helpful. (-500) Gosu is not very helpful. (-500) Gosu is not very helpful. (-500) Gosu is not very helpful. (-500) Gosu is not very helpful. (-500) Gosu is not very helpful. (-500) Gosu is not very helpful. (-500) Gosu is not very helpful. (-500) Gosu is not very helpful. (-500) Gosu is not very helpful. (-500) Gosu is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by LevroneFan2002 View Post
    , Sonbaty = Endo etc.
    naser is ecto as far as i know

p.s.

oh just got from one interview with him:

"Also I do have a so-called mesomorph type of body and was very athletic from beginning"

i thought he is ecto because there was one picture of his early stages where he is really tall and skinny but well
    Last edited by Gosu; 06-21-2009 at 12:04 PM.

karthikyoga is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile I love bodybuilding

I want to join in this group

carrinamurphy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by TheAsianMan View Post
    i have short torso, but you have to deal witht he long lanky arms that hard to add mass.
    You clearly have a long torso.

Re OP Lankiness in general comes with a long torso. On one hand it's a great quality because you'll always look thin. Women die to have these genes both outside the arena and in swimsuit comps.

Yes building bulk takes more work because it applies narrowly. Less you juice. Skinny long waist looks amazing with much bulk though.

Less commonly you could have short legs/short torso OR long legs long torso (balanced). But generally it's one or the other. Short waist has to focus on adding to legs if they're long. Vice versa for short legs, needing to focus on adding weight to the middle of the body.

Long torsos are feminine in general, but especially outside of bodybuilding. That's not to say that it's a significant problem for men. Bodybuilding is all about balance. That SAID, I'd be lying if I tried to claim that anything slender and graceful looking works for winning bodybuilding competitions. It wins for more effortless sexiness though.