Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Dig up some 20 year old photos of yourself. That should be some motivation.

Damn I was a lot skinnier back then.

Realtest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Realtest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by D1111 View Post
    Thats easy! Because i love being bigger,stronger,faster,tougher than the twenty year olds and if i do not use it ,i will loose it..Also i just like being strong
    Im not worried about the 20-25 year olds.I still look at most of them like younger punks.My think is feeling fit,looking better so when I go out to a local bar or pub I get noticed in a good way by the girls.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Realtest View Post
    Im not worried about the 20-25 year olds.I still look at most of them like younger punks.My think is feeling fit,looking better so when I go out to a local bar or pub I get noticed in a good way by the girls.

Yeah forget those youngsters. When you look better than most men your age, you get a lot of looks from their wives. Yeah baby.

Realtest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Realtest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    Yeah forget those youngsters. When you look better than most men your age, you get a lot of looks from their wives. Yeah baby.
    Yeah when I go out I still like to look at the 20 year old girls.As long as Im in shape they seem to look back.Girls in there 30's seem to have that hormonal change that is complained about by guys that married them.The hottest girls are hard to date because of other guys always looking when taking them to public places.I just like girl's who are cute that like me don't like to get fat and can stay happy most of the time.

yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    for motivation...think of the alternative to not lifting. Look at your friends.

I am 40....I had a client who was 48 and dude was just a wreck. Thats plenty motivation for me.
    Nothing brings it home like seeing one of your high school classmates in the casket. That is motivation enough for me.
    Lion or Sheep. It's your Choice.
    Life is short but it is W I D E.
    Life draws without an eraser.

Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I never thought this would happen to me but since age 30 I have noticed my motivation for lifting weights declining.Im 38 now and my body feels and responds a little different to weight training.I use to work out as hard as anyone but now I struggle to train a bodypart once a week.I know that the hormone's play a factor as we age and I think maybe thats part of the problem.The thinking of the older I am, the harder it is to get in shape and stay in shape.I also was diagnosed early at age 30 with Testicular Cancer which I am sure doesn't help me with the hormonal part.I do know that training a muscle once every week is not enough and actually it has a negative affect on my strength and muscle mass.Once every 5 days seems to be best for me since I was 20.I think to stay interested I got to be working out every day.I was thinking about adding push ups every other day but they always seem to hurt me on the Bench Press.I just wonder how guys that have overcome either decline or like Lance Armstrong they get better.I used to overtrain now I undertrain.I think this age thing really has got me thinking negatively.I can still get into great shape fairly quickly but that motivation is not there and I just need to find if I can get it back.This over 35 thread is where Im trying to find that motivation like i did when i was in my 20's.

The loss of your parents hurt you deeply. It rules your foremost thoughts. It's time to let it go.

I have been bugging the Lord with a question for the last coupla months. Something as trivial as ?Do You love me Lord??

I received my response three weeks back.

He showed me a corpse in a coffin. Dark empty eye sockets with the lower jaw slightly ajar. He then showed me a picture of my wrecked car which I wrote off in 1995.

It?s an odd thing to see yourself as a lifeless corpse in a coffin.

We all pass on to the next life. Do not weep for your beloved parents. They have left for another place and you?ll be reunited with them soon ???? BUT NOT YET!!!!!

Take this life in the flesh and squeeze it for all it?s worth. Love those around you with all your strength. Make this life count for something, no matter how small.

Everyday!! It IS of value.

The days we live are fleeting. They vanish in a moment. Now?s not the time to ponder on past happenings. Now?s not the time to permit past happenings to be as balls and chains around your ankles.

Decide what you wanna do and then go at it like there?s no tomorrow. No one can expect more from you than your best and your best will always be good enough, even if you come stone last.
    Walk in the Light. It's easier to see the Truth there.

Originally Posted by Forced View Post
    The loss of your parents hurt you deeply. It rules your foremost thoughts. It's time to let it go.

I have been bugging the Lord with a question for the last coupla months. Something as trivial as ?Do You love me Lord??

I received my response three weeks back.

He showed me a corpse in a coffin. Dark empty eye sockets with the lower jaw slightly ajar. He then showed me a picture of my wrecked car which I wrote off in 1995.

It?s an odd thing to see yourself as a lifeless corpse in a coffin.

We all pass on to the next life. Do not weep for your beloved parents. They have left for another place and you?ll be reunited with them soon ???? BUT NOT YET!!!!!

Take this life in the flesh and squeeze it for all it?s worth. Love those around you with all your strength. Make this life count for something, no matter how small.

Everyday!! It IS of value.

The days we live are fleeting. They vanish in a moment. Now?s not the time to ponder on past happenings. Now?s not the time to permit past happenings to be as balls and chains around your ankles.

Decide what you wanna do and then go at it like there?s no tomorrow. No one can expect more from you than your best and your best will always be good enough, even if you come stone last.
    There is no doubt that the unexpected passing of my mother in 2005 is the cause of the stress,anxiety,deppression since then.After almost 3 years I started to let go of the past until my 6 year old German shepard suddenly got ill and the Vet showed me that he had liver cancer.He could not walk so I had to make the decision on my own.Do I take a sick and dying dog that cannot walk home with me.I was his true best friend and I thought if I loved that dog so much why bring him home to suffer.He was to good to go through the real suffering.He got me through when my Mom passed away.I have owned 4 dogs but this german shepard was like my favorite son and I ask God why the best dog ever at 6 years old??? The same question I had when my Mom who had passed after an operation that went bad.Memorial day I felt as bad as any day ever.I felt angry,sad anxious.I could not believe how attatched I was to that dog.I never think about the Testicular Cancer that I had 8 years ago.Some will point to that as being part of my problem with Anxiety and deppression.I was never a depressed person before my Mother passed and my Dad passed away back in 1995.I moved 65 miles north and now I don't like where Im living.I feel more alone then ever but the one thing that has always made me feel better was working out.Yesterday I took the first step in working half my body and today the other half.I use to be afraid of nothing and for the past 3 years I have been living like a scared little boy.Even after yesterday's work out i don't feel much better yet but with this new routine it should keep me motivated.

datafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) datafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) datafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) datafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) datafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) datafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) datafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) datafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) datafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) datafan will become famous soon enough. (+50) datafan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Roger035 View Post
    Remember that as long as you're trying, you have not failed !! When it feels like you have given it your best and it is time to let go, just keep holding on. Keep pushing like your life depends on it - it just might. Prove to yourself and others that you are a winner ( winners finsih what they start )! Honor your self-promise ! Focus on your reason for deciding to make a change and please do not give up on yourself !! No matter what !! You deserve to succeed. And when you do, you will feel a powerful, peaceful sense of pride and joy which no one can ever take away.

Well said, repped!
    Jimmy

"Everything I have accomplished in life comes down to one thing, having the balls to walk through the doors that God has opened for me." ~Me

rider660 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rider660 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rider660 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rider660 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rider660 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rider660 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rider660 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rider660 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rider660 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rider660 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rider660 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I use to overtain and then the last 8 years undertrain.Confidence,self esteem is what I lack when I get out of shape or stop lifting.I have never done alot of cardio.To much cardio kills muscle growth.I started today and i woke up feeling like i had the minor flu.I was planning on working my whole body but so far today I just worked my Chest and Legs.I might do Back later today and do the rest tommorow.Mentally I think taking days off has been part of my problem.This time I plan on doing 5 sets per body part.
    That's the way to do it. Set small goals and achieve those first. Then set more and so on. You can do it!

Dwelling on the negative's instead of the poitive's I understand.I was never a weakminded person but I was always emotional.And at age 35 when having lost both parents life seemed to be cruel in alot of ways.The main thing is to work out and eat right so I look and feel good.That in turn will get me out of the house so I can meet people.I do believe in God and I believe that those that have left me are up there.Although I had the same illness that Lance Armstrong has I did a 180 compared to how he went on.Im always thinking what negative thing is next then bang it was my 6 year old German Shepard.That was 5 or 6 weeks ago and last Thursday I went and put a deposit down on another German Shepard pup.Anxiety has ruled my life for a long time but it has been a 10 fold increase in the past 3 years.I had the eye of the tiger and I do believe I will get it back both physically and mentally.Like yesterday I planned to start the plan with a new style workout.I woke up with a minor flu but I still did the work out and today I am focused once again.

ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ssouthbeach14 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I never thought this would happen to me but since age 30 I have noticed my motivation for lifting weights declining.Im 38 now and my body feels and responds a little different to weight training.I use to work out as hard as anyone but now I struggle to train a bodypart once a week.I know that the hormone's play a factor as we age and I think maybe thats part of the problem.The thinking of the older I am, the harder it is to get in shape and stay in shape.I also was diagnosed early at age 30 with Testicular Cancer which I am sure doesn't help me with the hormonal part.I do know that training a muscle once every week is not enough and actually it has a negative affect on my strength and muscle mass.Once every 5 days seems to be best for me since I was 20.I think to stay interested I got to be working out every day.I was thinking about adding push ups every other day but they always seem to hurt me on the Bench Press.I just wonder how guys that have overcome either decline or like Lance Armstrong they get better.I used to overtrain now I undertrain.I think this age thing really has got me thinking negatively.I can still get into great shape fairly quickly but that motivation is not there and I just need to find if I can get it back.This over 35 thread is where Im trying to find that motivation like i did when i was in my 20's.
    im 35 and im the strongest ive ever been.

[QUOTE=ssouthbeach14;180232041]im 35 and im the strongest ive ever been.[/QUOTE

When Im benching 225 for 10 reps or more then I know I will be back to where I was in my early 30's.Its just keeping the focus and keeping bthe motivation.Last 2 days I have had trouble with sleeping even when taking my sleep medication.

Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well my motivation comes from several factors and little things are helping to increase that drive and motivation.

Mine starts around late November when on a whim I decided to check my weight and I weighed in at 272 lbs on the home scale. Now I am sure on the advanced scale I weighed more, as because I weigh more between the two machines when I do a weight check. Noticed I said weight check, not status check. Will tell you about this one later, but after that I guess I started to notice my fat bloated disgusting body in the mirror a little more when I was taking a shower. Everytime I would go "bleck" and I need to do something about that. December is when the metamorphisis started and continuing as we speak.

I am not going to go through the whole journey right now. I dont have exact dates, measurements, etc...But the short version is, I switched to water, I dont drink caffiene every day, I cut my calories, started to work out (Inspired by Homer Simpson of all things to inspire me to workout) and now I am on a path of whole foods, supps, and working out and getting better all the time.

I think my Motivation for this, as of right now, is cumlative and compounded. Such as one motivatin is I got tired of not having anything to wear and my clothes feeling tight all the time, etc.... OH and looking at my disgusting body in the mirror. Next my dad in the begining of this was facing cancer and I guess mortality really sunk in with that, took 5 months to finally cut the growth out and discover he did have cancer, after intially saying he didnt. I guess age has something to do with it as well, not meaning maturity and focus levels, just talking I am coming up on 40 and the last thing I want my son to see his dad, fat, big gut, resting a beer on it, while all he does sit around on the computer all day.

Now my new motivations? First and formost, muscle growth, improvement, defination, my over health and well being is amazing! I never have felt this energetic and spirited in years, if at all. Seeing the gains I am making just makes me work harder. I WANT a 6 pack! at least once before I die LOL. NOw however, people have noticed I have lost 50 lbs and I am gaining muscle, becoming leaner, more musclar as I continue. I also realize the law of diminishing returns is going to step in somewhere but I hope I can keep on my focus. I taped an old pic up at a few places to remind my fat disgusting old ways. Oh yea, getting little winks and coy smiles from young and more mature women both makes me feel tons better.

Lastly, the last thing that motivates me. After a workout, when my muscles feel like the are bulging, bulging so much the are about to burst and explode through my skin, the amazing feeling feeling so alive and so strong.

Do I still need refinements and improvements, thats why I am on BB.com I am hear to learn. Sometimes you get an answer, sometimes you get limited answers, sometimes you get jack and shi!t LOL. Just keep on with it. I still need some good help figuring out a good workout routine. I seem to have trouble getting accross my situation to some, and some were excuses and I fixed those, but others like lack of time are somewhat a little more stringent and unforgiving. Like I said, I am still adapting and changing, this wont be an overnight change, but I feel like I am on thee right path though.

Health reasons is the number 1 reason to work out.When your in shape it also helps the mind and how you feel both mentally and physically.You certainly have the right attitude.Im getting there i think.

Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Since I am single, my motivation is looking good for the ladies
    Instagram @captloufitness

Get comfortable being uncomfortable

USMC 89-97

Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darrett has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oh yea my pic motivator, im sure you can tell which one is my motivator.

the others is more of a current pics that are a little over a week ago. Not rock hard, but not fat... working on better.
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by Capt_Lou View Post
    Since I am single, my motivation is looking good for the ladies
    Same here and when looking good i feel good and thats what gets me out of the house.the thing is that I like the 25 year old girls.I do lie about my age because I don't look 38.

Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Same here and when looking good i feel good and thats what gets me out of the house.the thing is that I like the 25 year old girls.I do lie about my age because I don't look 38.
    I don't look 37 and everyone tells me that. I find that not lying is easier than trying to cover your tracks all the time.

Hell the first girl that I went out with after my divorce was 26. I perfer older women now...allot can be said about experience.
    Instagram @captloufitness

Get comfortable being uncomfortable

USMC 89-97

Originally Posted by Capt_Lou View Post
    I don't look 37 and everyone tells me that. I find that not lying is easier than trying to cover your tracks all the time.

Hell the first girl that I went out with after my divorce was 26. I perfer older women now...allot can be said about experience.
    Im not into lying as I think it is 1 thing that my parents always taught me.The age thing is the only thing that I might try and liue about.But being a true catholic guy I would eventually come clean.I have disdain for liar's and people who steal.I just hope that girls don;t hold it against me.

okay funny story and new motivator that had me stand a little taller.. Coming out of Krogers with a small thing of cottage cheese (about 2 cups).

"Hey cool daddy come over here. I know you arein hurry but let me talk to you a second." *insert sales pitch for some charity about deformations and if you buy this bok of coupons for 20 bucks, blah blah blah"

Well the first thing I said was that I dont eat at Popeyes (which shocked me to say that so liberally) and she said sonic and I said I dont eat there and I then smiled as something dawned on me and I was happy! I then continued on to say, I dont eat there or jack in the box, or dennys, or IHOP, or Burger King of Crap-Donalds ever....

LOL, she was kind of shocked for a second and then tried to sell me it has dine in restaurants and I calmly replied again I dnt eat there either, she looked even more shocked and said you cook? I replied yes ma'am, and she snuggled up to me and said when are you cooking me dinner? I smirked and she said just kidding.. I said its cool LOL, and she said thanks and have a great day cutie. I smiled and winked and walked off and I *THINK* I heard her say to her co-worker something like that is one tall sexy white boy... and my back snapped up at that...

THATS A GOOD MOTIVATOR!! I WANT MORE!!! UG UG UG LOL...

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1) women

2) I have a certain look in my minds eye that id like to achieve...im nowhere close yet. Thats decent motivation right there.

3) women

4) women
    "Humility comes before honor"

I started this thread and started my routine Monday and now I got a slight cold and fever.Man always something breaking up my concentration.Luckily I had only my Back and Arms to train and tommorow I might train them.Its been 3 days in a row that I could not get to sleep before 4AM and if I miss sleep I get sick almost 100% of the time.Yeah the girls are the main thing in my life.i don't want to be alone the rest of my life but i don't want to be with just any girl.I need peace and tranquility in my life.

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well I ask myself "why workout" often...But then I say, why not. I have nothing else to do.

I have had a couple bad lifts in my day and have also had a bad time with the heavybag....Threw a hard punch and missed the bag...HENCE, I have tennis elbow for a year now.

My knees are messing up lately "artheritis" or something...Not sure??

So I wonder at times...."why do I workout" ...lol...I seem to be in worse shape then NOT workingout...hahaha

OH well....I love hurting....I have goute in my left big toe and have had shingles in my mouth and face and if I can stand these........I CAN WORKOUT..

I use to hit the heavy bag for many years but have not done it for a long time.I have Arthritis that was ignited by a bout of Lymes disease back when I was 20.It felt like I had the dam flu for about 4 years.At age 30 I get Testicular Cancer stage1.I will tell you that I would never survive lymes disease if I got it again.The TC Cancer was like nothing,never sick,no ill affects.The only thing is if I didn't get the operation I would be in the graveyard right now.Arthritis and back spasm's over the years has made me miss alot of workouts.The only way to combat this is never to take more then 1 day off and work my abs very hard.

Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10) Forced is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Realtest, it’s great to hear that you’ve managed to hang on to your belief in God. Usually that part of one’s life takes the worst beating. .

There are many questions regarding this life of ours. Most of the time we receive no response and this tends to make us angry and bitter. Do we allow this anger and bitterness to poison us? Many do.

I cannot claim to know what your going through. From what I understand, you’re alone in this and that makes the fight very difficult. What you can take from it is that your still standing and that shows strength of character.

I would like to GREATLY encourage you to be strong during what seems like a never ending war. This storm will pass and you’ll be much stronger at the end of it.

I do not believe that you have a problem with motivation. From where I’m sitting it looks like there’s so much negativity in your life, who on this planet would not be despondent? If this were to be cleared away you would find purpose, meaning and the desire to live your life to the fullest instead of in fear.We are all in search of happiness.

It is written in Ephesians 6 that our fight is not against flesh and blood but against the unseen host of darkness. I know this seems crazy. This life we lead is filled with a myriad of lies and various deceptions and to attain the full truth of the why’s and the how comes and what fors is difficult at the best of times, hence my signature. We can only hope for a little clarity at this stage in time.

Be of good courage. You are not alone in this, even though it may seem so.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat.
    Walk in the Light. It's easier to see the Truth there.

Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've been big all my life - so no old photos will work. My family are either skinny and flabby or big and around - no help there either.

My doctors told me to lose weight to make insulin work better... and its taken almost ten years to work out how to do that. The diet industry deserves to be slapped for that torture.

Because I have so many illnesses I have to work damned hard to get any health gains - but I'm certain all the way through me that if I live clean and fit I'll be able to stay in one piece for a lot longer.

Through BodySpace I'm in contact with some ex-fatties who have beaten it and become fit... and people like Chicken Tuna and Amy Suds who are so inspirational. I think BodySpace is helping me so much more than articles and the such.

Community is goooood!

Originally Posted by Tishalicious View Post
    I've been big all my life - so no old photos will work. My family are either skinny and flabby or big and around - no help there either.

My doctors told me to lose weight to make insulin work better... and its taken almost ten years to work out how to do that. The diet industry deserves to be slapped for that torture.

Because I have so many illnesses I have to work damned hard to get any health gains - but I'm certain all the way through me that if I live clean and fit I'll be able to stay in one piece for a lot longer.

Through BodySpace I'm in contact with some ex-fatties who have beaten it and become fit... and people like Chicken Tuna and Amy Suds who are so inspirational. I think BodySpace is helping me so much more than articles and the such.

Community is goooood!
    It seems like I get more colds the last 3 year's then I could ever remember.Alot of these cold's are no doubt stress related.Anyway after starting a new schedule Monday my body already looks transformed.I think its easier to get back in shape when in the past I was in good shape.I wish I could get my immune system working better.

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It seems like I get more colds the last 3 year's then I could ever remember.Alot of these cold's are no doubt stress related.Anyway after starting a new schedule Monday my body already looks transformed.I think its easier to get back in shape when in the past I was in good shape.I wish I could get my immune system working better.
    Mornin'.....

I would recommend gettng a generous amount of anti-oxidents in the diet.

Blueberries, cranberries, rasberries, spinach, zucchini and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few others which others may add to.

This link may shed some light in that direction for you too.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/10_metabolism_foods.htm

I have incorporated these into my diet religiously (and I'm NOT a religious person) and I can state that I've not been sick at all in three years...not even a sniffle....which still amazes me.

Hope that helps a bit.
    Last edited by Wayne Evans; 06-18-2008 at 10:10 AM.
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000)
    My motivation was fueled by a couple of different things. One, the desire to simply become a more healthy person. Second, I was seeing the failing health of those around me that were not just my age, and not just older, but younger.

About the same time, a national news report was released listing America's fatest cities and states. I live in Tennessee, and it was the 2nd fatest state. Memphis, I believe was the fatest city. That got me looking around at the every day people I passed when out in public. I was awe struck at the fat and unhealthy world I (we) live in.....

So I started lifting, eating relatively well, doing some research, and asking questions to find out what is the best way to lose weight, build muscle and become a healthier person.

At this point I have learned tons, yet have much more to learn.

I had NO idea that it would lead where it has.

I am entering my 2nd BB'ing comp 9 days from now. This journey started a short 10 months ago.....

MagnumXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagnumXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagnumXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagnumXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagnumXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagnumXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagnumXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagnumXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagnumXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagnumXL will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagnumXL will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Red face Old Age Shuffel

When I see little old men shuffeling cautiously and slowly across the floor, I am motivated to keep training. I want to look as good and be in as good shape as possible in my late 70's so I train now in my 60's. Also, I look and feel so much better now because I do. ... MXL