saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000)

What the hell is a cheat meal!: Seeking Guidance

Reps to all, whats a cheat meal? I mean, how is a cheat meal conducted, should I have a cheat meal once a week? I want to lower my bodyfat dramatically, down to 7percent, I am planning on burning 400 calories, on an empty stomach 6 days a week, and emphasize on heavy compound weight lifting, while my diet consist of high protein/moderate carbs and low fats, my goal is to be big and cut, however I did 4 weeks clean without any cheat meals, and started indulging like a fat man lol, I started crying and felt like **** on a psychological level, I just want to know why is a cheat meal good on a psychological and physiological level? what is the logic of a cheat meal? For instance, is a slice of pizza and a can of soda consider a cheat meal? Man, at times its hard to stay focus, especially when life hits hard, I know it's a lifestyle but damn man, it's a tough bout. Thanx in advance, reps to all....
    "Man is pupil, Pain is his teacher"

- Chinese Proverb

F.A.M.E. is a name known to all. (+5000) F.A.M.E. is a name known to all. (+5000) F.A.M.E. is a name known to all. (+5000) F.A.M.E. is a name known to all. (+5000) F.A.M.E. is a name known to all. (+5000) F.A.M.E. is a name known to all. (+5000) F.A.M.E. is a name known to all. (+5000) F.A.M.E. is a name known to all. (+5000) F.A.M.E. is a name known to all. (+5000) F.A.M.E. is a name known to all. (+5000) F.A.M.E. is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I put in a cheat meal once a week, and a moderate drinkin night too (Both are done on a Friday night). As long as you keep it to once a week (and still work out on that day) it wont slow down your results as much.

Yes a slice of pizza and a soda is considered a cheat meal, and keepin a cheat meal every now and then will keep you from quittin your diet, and workout. Also, if you're feelin psychologically drained, etc., how many calories are you taking in?

Jolfer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jolfer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jolfer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jolfer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jolfer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jolfer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not sure I could go to the gym without a night of drinking/day of not great eating.

blkwidow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blkwidow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blkwidow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blkwidow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blkwidow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blkwidow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blkwidow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blkwidow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by saint sinner x View Post
    Reps to all, whats a cheat meal? I mean, how is a cheat meal conducted, should I have a cheat meal once a week? I want to lower my bodyfat dramatically, down to 7percent, I am planning on burning 400 calories, on an empty stomach 6 days a week, and emphasize on heavy compound weight lifting, while my diet consist of high protein/moderate carbs and low fats, my goal is to be big and cut, however I did 4 weeks clean without any cheat meals, and started indulging like a fat man lol, I started crying and felt like **** on a psychological level, I just want to know why is a cheat meal good on a psychological and physiological level? what is the logic of a cheat meal? For instance, is a slice of pizza and a can of soda consider a cheat meal? Man, at times its hard to stay focus, especially when life hits hard, I know it's a lifestyle but damn man, it's a tough bout. Thanx in advance, reps to all....
    There is some controversy to fasted morning cardio. If your goal is to lose the fat and you are not concerned with muscle loss, AM running on an empty stomach works wonders (based off personal experience).

For me, a cheat meal is a clean re-feed once a week. Then I have a SUPER re-feed somewhere near the end of the month which is a buffet. I always try to eat clean, even on a cheat. But pizza and soda once a week won't have a significant impact on your goals, as long as you don't make it a habit.

saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000) saint sinner x is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by F.A.M.E. View Post
    I put in a cheat meal once a week, and a moderate drinkin night too (Both are done on a Friday night). As long as you keep it to once a week (and still work out on that day) it wont slow down your results as much.

Yes a slice of pizza and a soda is considered a cheat meal, and keepin a cheat meal every now and then will keep you from quittin your diet, and workout. Also, if you're feelin psychologically drained, etc., how many calories are you taking in?
    thats a good question lol, I'm not exactly sure, however I eat fairly well, 6 moderate meals a day as oppose to small meals, each meal consist of high proteins/moderate carbs and low fats, I'm on a calorie deficit through dieting and exercising
    "Man is pupil, Pain is his teacher"

- Chinese Proverb

Sportsfuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I vary my cheat meals between one per week and one every two weeks and i find this works better for me than rigidly sticking to once a week.
    powderandpills.com

Eats carbs before bed 141455675's Avatar
    141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000) 141455675 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Cheats are beneificial on a cut to most, to stop them from going insane. Its the one time a everyweek (or2) that you can indulge, to keep you on track.

A cheat is any food that you have been craving that wouldn't be allowed on your diet.

If you are really stressed you can alter your cheat to try and fit your daily macros, thus, not reallly a 'cheat'.

Some people however, don't need/want to cheat. I wouldn't do it if you've got a show coming up. But for all those wanting to live a little, go ahead its fine. Personally, when I went on my cut I didn't cheat at all...ONCE. I didn't know it was 'allowed'..looking back I wish I did. Many don't get any negative effects from them. TRAIN HARD, you'll be right.

unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hmmm don't have cheat-meals. A cheat-meal is about 2 to 5000 extra calories which will KILL months of hard training, and expensive supplements. So my advice is, if you wanna look like a professional bodybuilder, diet straight for 1 year, without any cheat meal

unsoberx

"It is nature that sets off in one class those who are chiefly intellectual, in another those who are marked by muscular strength and temperament, and in a third those who are distinguished in neither one way or the other, but show only mediocrity. The last-named represents the great majority." -The Antichrist, Sect 57

unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What you can do is if you feel real depleted and exhausted, what you can do is to have a high protein, moderate carb re-feed meal of about 500 extra calories. I mean just add 500 extra calories to any meal and you can do that every 2 weeks, or every month. But stay off the 5000 calories compulsive eating, binge eating, cheat-meals, they are killers, and add extra fat cells to our bodies

unsoberx

"It is nature that sets off in one class those who are chiefly intellectual, in another those who are marked by muscular strength and temperament, and in a third those who are distinguished in neither one way or the other, but show only mediocrity. The last-named represents the great majority." -The Antichrist, Sect 57

OfficerCartman is just really nice. (+1000) OfficerCartman is just really nice. (+1000) OfficerCartman is just really nice. (+1000) OfficerCartman is just really nice. (+1000) OfficerCartman is just really nice. (+1000) OfficerCartman is just really nice. (+1000) OfficerCartman is just really nice. (+1000) OfficerCartman is just really nice. (+1000) OfficerCartman is just really nice. (+1000) OfficerCartman is just really nice. (+1000) OfficerCartman is just really nice. (+1000)
    In my opinion, one meal a week is not going to make or break you. I include 1 cheat meal, once a week, regardless of being on a cut or bulk, and I still drop the fat no problem. Worrying about 1 meal a week is crazy, thinking all your weeks of hard work is down the drain because of one single meal is ludicrous, and if it bothers a person so much, don't cheat, or if you do, don't go overboard. So you go crazy, you have a HUGE cheat meal. Whats the worst that can happen? You get bloated, water weight, etc... You'll be fine, work a bit harder the following days after, and you'll be back to where you were. Hardly a setback to lose sleep over. My 2 cents
    Last edited by OfficerCartman; 06-15-2008 at 11:42 AM.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

Socrates (469 - 399 BC)

fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I include a meal that's 1500 about more than over my normal 500 calorie meals. So that's one 2000 calorie meal. Once per week. That's it. And in that day, I still drink 2 gallons of water, and work out like a crazy ape. I deserve it and I put it at the end of my day when I have my vitamens/pills before bed. =)

And I work out 7 days a week, every day. Seriously though, I can't eat more than the extra 1500 calories. My stomach can't fit it all anymore.
    My journal (funny IMHO :<) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108474801

BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500) BC23 is not very helpful. (-500)
    I wouldn't plan cheat meals, let them come to you. For example, you go to a party kind of hungry and there is only pizza. There's your cheat. Now if you already planned a cheat meal, a day before, you might feel bad for cheating again.
    Ron Paul 2012

Hello, that's why i stay away from cheating, from big binge cheat-meal eating, because i am not like you, what i mean is that i am naturally fat, i have a fat-people's metabolism which means increased hunger and increased compulsive eating, in other words, for me is real easy to eat 5000 calories in one big meal like a christmas dinner. I am like a ******* drug addict on a rehab program, so i must stay away from my the drugs of snacks and junk foods :-)

unsoberx

Originally Posted by fatlossidiot View Post
    I can't eat more than the extra 1500 calories. My stomach can't fit it all anymore.

To those men who are of any concern to me I wish them suffering, desolation, sickness, ill-treatment, and indignities:

"To those men who are of any concern to me I wish them suffering, desolation, sickness, ill-treatment, and indignities. I also wish that they should not remain unfamiliar with profound self-contempt, the torture of self-mistrust, the wretchedness of the vanquished: And i have no compassion for them, because I wish them the only thing that reveals value in a man: that they should endure firmly !!" -(The Will to Power, Sec. 905)

"You want, if possible and there is no more insane "if possible" to abolish suffering. And we? It really seems that we would rather have it higher and worse than ever. Well-being as you understand it, that is no goal, that seems to us an end, a state that soon makes man ridiculous and contemptible, that makes his destruction desirable. The discipline of suffering, of great suffering. Do you not know that only this discipline has created all enhancements of man so far?" -(Beyond Good and Evil, p 225 )

"I do not point to the evil and pain of existence with the finger of reproach, but rather entertain the hope that life may one day become more evil and more full of suffering than it has ever been." -Friedrich Nietzsche(1844-1900)

unsoberx

fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fatlossidiot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by unsoberx View Post
    Hello, that's why i stay away from cheating, from big binge cheat-meal eating, because i am not like you, what i mean is that i am naturally fat, i have a fat-people's metabolism which means increased hunger and increased compulsive eating, in other words, for me is real easy to eat 5000 calories in one big meal like a christmas dinner. I am like a ******* drug addict on a rehab program, so i must stay away from my the drugs of snacks and junk foods :-)

unsoberx

Yeah, but previously, I would eat 5000 calories easily too -- and still have room for more. But now, I STRUGGLED fitting 1500 calories extra, before I realized... I'm actually bloated and sick! It's been 3 weeks, going on 4 when it's friday again, on my diet now. Rather happy that I get full that fast from only a large cheeseless dominos pizza, a veggie stix bag, and 6 ritz crackers (2k cal total). Of course, next cheat day, I'll probably eat even less than that, too.

What I did was not cheat for atleast 2 weeks, then I can go off and eat what I wanted for one day a week, in a controlled meal, one controlled time. Every day I excersize and drink my 2 gallons of water and pills as I said.

And yes, I was naturally fat all my life.
    My journal (funny IMHO :<) http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108474801