Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Tanning after weight training

Hi gang, just curious, I need to start tanning, but the only time I have available is around the same time I work out, and the tanning bed is already at the gym. I know it's not the best ideal to tan after working out, but I was wondering if anyone does this, and if so any problems, thanks in advance

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Does the sun not shine in Virginia? Get out and get some natural tan, that's all I do and it still seems to work.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DAVEZILLA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    Does the sun not shine in Virginia? Get out and get some natural tan, that's all I do and it still seems to work.
    I wish I had the time, I work 2 jobs, I only have one full day off and I do all my errands that day, but yes the sun does shine very nicely

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I workout so I can be outside with my shirt off. I guess if you need a pretend tan, it wouldn't hurt to do after w/o. But if no one sees it since you're always working, why bother?

I realize we're trying to project an image here. Weights and muscles - no shortcuts. Tanning booth = shortcut. Just my $.02, sorry if I offended.

BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Originally Posted by IrishDave View Post
    Hi gang, just curious, I need to start tanning, but the only time I have available is around the same time I work out, and the tanning bed is already at the gym. I know it's not the best ideal to tan after working out, but I was wondering if anyone does this, and if so any problems, thanks in advance
    i have done it...no prob..just make sure you hydrate your skin daily
    musclebuilding the way god intended it........naturally

I workout so I can be outside with my shirt off. I guess if you need a pretend tan, it wouldn't hurt to do after w/o. But if no one sees it since you're always working, why bother?

I realize we're trying to project an image here. Weights and muscles - no shortcuts. Tanning booth = shortcut. Just my $.02, sorry if I offended.
    oh I'm not offended, I appreciate any advice, but unfortuntaly a shortcut will have to do for now.

Originally Posted by BOLDERNECK View Post
    i have done it...no prob..just make sure you hydrate your skin daily
    yes I was definitely planning on drinking lots of water before hand, but wasn't sure on any other side effects

Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Khodiak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I live in Alaska where we have 8 months of pretty much darkness. I tan once or twice a week usually after my workout. I have not noticed any ill effects.

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tanning post workout is actually better than tanning prior to a workout, IMO. If you tan pre-workout, it'll make you sleepy. Post-workout, having your blood circulation up after your workout will have a similar effect to tanning accelerator.

partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Talking Redneck Tannin' an' Shortcuts

Oh, but the "no-shortcut" solar-environmental-friendly method of tanning is soooo much more exciting and fun (and sometimes has a necessary shortcut).*

Nothing could be finer than June sunshine in Carolina...

Especially if ya live in a rural area with relatively few neighbors or passing cars...

butt....

if y'er catchin' a few rayz...and the low rumble of a car is heard in the distance along the road....

*better git inside via the shortcut aka run in a hurry and git 'dem nekkid parts outta da sunshine!
    investigating mechanics of pulleys, levers, and mass.

partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Khodiak View Post
    I live in Alaska where we have 8 months of pretty much darkness. I tan once or twice a week usually after my workout. I have not noticed any ill effects.
    I think the short days in Alaska would drive me to the booth sometime around August 15th...

I'm not a tanning booth person AT ALL, but we had warm weather in early February this year and I deliberately went sleeveless because I was dying for sunshine.

I think I would love Alaska this time of year though....long days. I can sleep when it's light outside, too! :-)
    Last edited by partsRheavy; 06-14-2008 at 10:44 PM.
    investigating mechanics of pulleys, levers, and mass.

well that's good to know, about the ill effects, will 1-2 days a week for me be enough just starting out.

Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    Tanning post workout is actually better than tanning prior to a workout, IMO. If you tan pre-workout, it'll make you sleepy. Post-workout, having your blood circulation up after your workout will have a similar effect to tanning accelerator.
    yeah, I wasn't planning on tanning before working out, I know that wouldn't be good. let me ask you this, I'm white as a ghost, I've never tanned in a bed before how often should I go at first? and for how long?

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    well that's good to know, about the ill effects, will 1-2 days a week for me be enough just starting out.

yeah, I wasn't planning on tanning before working out, I know that wouldn't be good. let me ask you this, I'm white as a ghost, I've never tanned in a bed before how often should I go at first? and for how long?

I'm not quite as white as a ghost and I start with 8 minutes in an old-school 20 minute bed. Ask the people who work there, but I wouldn't be surprised if they suggest 5-6 minutes to start with. And for me, I go 5-6 times a week to build my tan (takes a couple of weeks for met to work up to the full 20 minutes...I really don't like risking being burned by going any faster than that). I have gotten burned before and it ain't fun, so don't get in a hurry.

If you have the money, try a high-pressure bed. They use quartz lamps and have a filter that only lets UVA through. SUPPOSEDLY people don't burn in those...I have a friend who had NEVER been able to get a tan because of how easily she burns and she LOVES high pressure beds. I tan pretty easily and I love them too. I get as dark as I'm gonna get within the first week and I only have to go once a week to keep my tan up. The ones I've used are 12 minute beds and they say you can go the full time the first time you tan every year...but I still start with 8 minutes--I guess just because I always have? I guess it really doesn't make sense based on the percentage of time I used in the old beds, but...LOL So...little bit of extra money but you'll get a darker tan in less time with less upkeep and most importantly, less UV exposure every year.

You will have to be careful about going back to and older-style bed or being out in the sun if you choose to use the high pressure beds. High pressure beds give you lots of color by letting just enough UVA through to get you to produce more melatonin, but don't build up your tolerance to UVB rays. That surprises some people who are used to using the old style beds to build up their tolerance to the sun. Either way, make sure you keep using sun block.

Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    be careful of these sun beds they are melanoma beds.

Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    X2 on everything Amanda said in her last post.

The high pressure beds definitely give great color. BUT they also do not burn you so to speak. So when you get in the sun, you would probably get more of a burn than you would in the old style. The place I occasionally go has both styles and I alternate between them. It makes for a good mix.

I would also second her advice to ask what the people there think you should do. I get very dark quickly so I start out at 10 mins in a high pressure and 8 mins in a regular. After about 5 sessions in each, I hit the max. Of course, this is combined with about 5 hours at the pool both Saturday and Sunday if it is sunny. If I were you, I would probably go no more than 5 minutes in each for the first few times. After that I would base it on how you're doing.

Oh, one more thing that has not been mentioned, I don't think. Definitely get a good quality lotion for in there. Without it, your skin will probably get dry and tight. I prefer Cal Tan, but there are many different brands out there. A lotion after your shower afterward would be good too.

Derrick is right too. That's just something to consider, especially if you are one who has burned or is prone to burn. From everything I've ever heard about it, if you are one who burns, you are at higher risk.

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm torn on tanning, I just have never done much of it over the years. My twin brother is a fisherman and has been out a lot.
    his skin looks much worse for wear than mine. leathery even.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

are u not listening to the dude?? he said he doesnt have the time to tan outdoors.

pretend tan??? youre tripping. The whole aspect of building muscles in the gym is pretty much "pretend". How is it any different from a tanning bed?

real sun = real tan
    tanning bed = fake tan

real work=real muscles
    gym work = fake muscles

instead of passing judgement..why not just answer his question or ignore it

you ought to know that u cant get an even tan outdoors unless you layout for that specific purpose. u cant just "spend time outdoors" and expect as nice tan. Youll get a farmers tan or golfers tan....yeah THATS real impressive
    Last edited by John Prophet; 06-15-2008 at 07:08 AM.
    "Humility comes before honor"

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I always figured tanning after working out would be a good idea.

1) do the workout
    2) drink a PWO shake or get some carbs in somehow
    3) tan
    4) go home and eat a meal

seems the relaxing atmosphere of the tanning bed would help to get the recovery process started

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    are u not listening to the dude?? he said he doesnt have the time to tan outdoors.

pretend tan??? youre tripping. The whole aspect of building muscles in the gym is pretty much "pretend". How is it any different from a tanning bed?

real sun = real tan
    tanning bed = fake tan

real work=real muscles
    gym work = fake muscles

you ought to know that u cant get an even tan outdoors unless you layout for that specific purpose. u cant just "spend time outdoors" and expect as nice tan. Youll get a farmers tan or golfers tan....yeah THATS real impressive
    hey...don't be hating on my farmers tan.

I see no problem with going to a tanning bed once or twice a week for 10 mins or so...just don't over do it....

real sun = real tan
    tanning bed = fake tan

real work=real muscles
    gym work = fake muscles

LMAO hahaha

I always figured tanning after working out would be a good idea.

1) do the workout
    2) drink a PWO shake or get some carbs in somehow
    3) tan
    4) go home and eat a meal

seems the relaxing atmosphere of the tanning bed would help to get the recovery process started
    that is some good advice, I never thought tanning after a WO would be a good ideal, I was just hoping it wouldn't be a bad one, but yeah I guess I would be relaxing and starting the recovery process. thanks reps on recharge

that is some good advice, I never thought tanning after a WO would be a good ideal, I was just hoping it wouldn't be a bad one, but yeah I guess I would be relaxing and starting the recovery process. thanks reps on recharge
    well I am not saying I KNOW its ideal...but its just something I thought of...seems it would be relaxing etc

FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000) FitIron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    Agreed!!!

It is absolutely the best time. Your body is already in a thermogenic state.

Many BB'ers including myself, epecially when getting ready for a show like now tan right afer I workout. It will also help remove SUB-Q water that is being retain and give you a harder, dryer look...

black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10) black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10) black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10) black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10) black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10) black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10) black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10) black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10) black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10) black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10) black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have not problems with it, actually it sort of helps me as i'm all pumped up and tired so i just lay in that tube and bake...
    I listen to country music when i workout...

BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Red face

oh I'm not offended, I appreciate any advice, but unfortuntaly a shortcut will have to do for now.

yes I was definitely planning on drinking lots of water before hand, but wasn't sure on any other side effects
    i dont know of any side affects besides doing it to much...i do mystic,i did a research paper on tanning for certifcation...i talked to a derm. and it was all bad...just be creful! ok!
    musclebuilding the way god intended it........naturally

Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000)
    real sun = real tan
    tanning bed = fake tan

real work=real muscles
    gym work = fake muscles
    Ha ha - that's funny, and true. But in his defence I think he meant tanning bed as a sort of equivalent to steroids vs. working out as far as "real muscles" go.

Anyway, to the OP: be careful with tanning. I did it a good deal in my competing daze and never "over"did it, seemingly, although it's sure resulted in later years in a lot of moles and cautionaries from the derm. Baldie (who used to post here a lot) had a good part of his skull removed from skin cancer.
    "An infraction is better than an infarction."
    - Aldington and Adlington

"Cursus sub pondere crescit."
    - Anon

I spent quite a few hours this sunny weekend painting my house with no shirt on, I put sunblock on my face and will get a good tan out of it. Same way I got my tan last year.

3rd day of a 7 day binge The Abomination's Avatar
    The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) The Abomination has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Gotta love the sun so far this summer eh big guy?? NOT!! I'm starting to wonder if we'll even have summer this year...?

eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I usually tan one a week after working out. I find it very relaxing especially after a long week of work.

KiwiKeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KiwiKeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KiwiKeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KiwiKeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KiwiKeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KiwiKeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KiwiKeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KiwiKeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KiwiKeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KiwiKeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KiwiKeen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Derrick101 View Post
    be careful of these sun beds they are melanoma beds.
    Disagree. There is probably more carcogenic compounds in the SunBlock sh"t you spread on yourself. Humans are meant to be exposed to UV. Two or three times per week should be no problem at about 20 mins a pop.

The whole hoopla over skin cancer and sunbeds is a load of tripe. If you overdo anything it will upset your immune system for sure - so if you do 1 hour 7 days a week 52 weeks per year, then yeah, sh"t, you may line yourself up for a 'noma or two, but a few sessions on a sunbed per week will most likely promote health, not destroy it.
    "Man's proper stature is not one of mediocrity, failure, frustration, or defeat, but one of achievement, strength, and nobility. In short, man can and ought to be a hero."

D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10) D1111 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Maybe someone can tell me why is it best to tan after working out??? because this is news to me???
    LUCIFER IS MY TRAINING PARTNER.
    ....BENT ROWS TO GROW:)

Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tallgntlmn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by D1111 View Post
    Maybe someone can tell me why is it best to tan after working out??? because this is news to me???
    If that's the case, when should you?

I would think it would be better after, but these are a bunch of guesses. First, you won't smell like girly lotion during your workout if you go after. It's relaxing after. If you do burn, you wouldn't irritate it by a repetitive motion or rubbing on machinery. Your skin is already warm and blood is flowing which could help melanin production as well as the lotion getting in your skin.

I really have no idea which would be better. When I do go, I go after. For me, I do not like smelling like a tanning bed so I would be distracted for a workout. I find it relaxing and a good delay between the gym and dinner. My gym does not have tanning but are rumored to get it someday. I have to go a few miles from the gym to get to mine. It makes more sense for me to go after for those reasons.

One thing i wonder in regards to tanning. How do the professionals get their lats tan? I mean I look like I was spray painted with a white line down between my lats and arms. This happens both from the pool and from the bed. I cannot get rid of that white streak. Do pros use Mystic or something versus UV?