Closed Thread
Page 162 of 265 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 262 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,860 of 7937
    JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by steelhorse1 View Post
    hey guys
    I have a friend who I was buying my bodybuilder.com suppliment through his site an I would like you to know how greedy they are!! He sold 10,000.00 dollars worth of there product in a month to people like us.. and they are not going to pay him his commission.. They say he did not advertise correctly. So they are not going to pay him..So I for one will not buy from there product!!!I will buy there competiters product..who's with me
    yeah, definitely, what a great idea!

Powerlifting log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172662011&page=1

steelhorse1 is not very well liked. (-100) steelhorse1 is not very well liked. (-100) steelhorse1 is not very well liked. (-100) steelhorse1 is not very well liked. (-100) steelhorse1 is not very well liked. (-100) steelhorse1 is not very well liked. (-100) steelhorse1 is not very well liked. (-100) steelhorse1 is not very well liked. (-100) steelhorse1 is not very well liked. (-100) steelhorse1 is not very well liked. (-100) steelhorse1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    in..won't miss this one

sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by steelhorse1 View Post
    hey guys
    I have a friend who I was buying my bodybuilder.com suppliment through his site an I would like you to know how greedy they are!! He sold 10,000.00 dollars worth of there product in a month to people like us.. and they are not going to pay him his commission.. They say he did not advertise correctly. So they are not going to pay him..So I for one will not buy from there product!!!I will buy there competiters product..who's with me
    Read the title of this thread. I'll leave it to you to figure out whether your post is related to this thread's topic.

sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lfsquathelp View Post
    Was supposed to post this awhile ago, here it is anyway another squat video

Could you please tell me what's wrong with it and if you can rate it out of 10. 10 being the best of a NOVICE not some guy who's been doing it for 10 years. just want to get a feel for how bad it is. ty

http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/q...nt=Mysquat.flv
    Here's a novice giving you some advise:

It's hard to tell but it looks like you're feet are not set as wide as your shoulders, and the bar looks like it's too high. Perhaps you're using a low-bar position but from what I could tell, it didn't look like it.

Maintain tightness in your legs while you descend, and shove your ass out. You're dropping it between your legs.

Back doesn't look straight. Keep your stomach tight, back straight, and chest out.

On some of the reps (first and last?) your knees are moving at the bottom. Get them in position during the first 1/3-2/3 of the descend (and remember to shove them out), and keep em there.

67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by skinnyboy23 View Post
    that rough estimate formula put me at about 2700 calories daily... which is 200 more than what i have been doing.anyway, i'm going to give 2700 calories daily a shot and see what happens. thanks for the help everyone. reps.
    That's a very rough estimate, so just make sure you weigh yourself after a week or two to make sure you're gaining weight. Shoot for a pound a week. If you didn't gain any weight, add a couple hundred calories and weigh yourself again after a week or two. Repeat as necessary.
    5x5 Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113343951
    ---
    Starting Strength Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111238821

saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys is it ok to use a spotter on ss? especially for bench?

Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dave76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by saternal View Post
    Yes, but the spotter's job is to make sure you don't get hurt, not to help you make the lift. If the spotter touches the bar, even with one finger, you missed the rep. (I saw your question at StrengthMill).

saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saternal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thx for the reply dave =)

ak90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello,

I have been on Rippetoe's program for a little over a month and a have a couple of questions.

1) When using heavy weight for squats (my work sets), I usually have some shoulder pain. I'm keeping my hands as close together as possible and my elbows as high as possible. Is there an obvious solution for this?

2) I have been able to add weight to my deadlift and squat almost every workout, but this isn't the case with my bench, press, and row. After the first couple of weeks, it has been taking me 3 workouts to go from 5/5/5 with one weight to 5/5/5 with 5 lbs more. For example, the first time I try a new weight, I might get 3/3/3, then 4/4/4, then finally 5/5/5. I don't think my progress should be this slow since I'm not lifting very much.
    I don't think there are any issues with diet or sleep, but I was dealing with a nerve problem in my arms before I started this program.
    Any suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I suggest you read the f%^@**g book
    LOL Rip's advise stands correct
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluedot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ak90 View Post
    1) When using heavy weight for squats (my work sets), I usually have some shoulder pain. I'm keeping my hands as close together as possible and my elbows as high as possible. Is there an obvious solution for this?
    I don't know of any obvious solution. The two things that I've seen said over and over again are that flexibility develops with time, though it seems you would have gotten there already. The other is that you might have some pre-existing issue with your shoulder and you might benefit from a serious massage. Hopefully someone else will field this question because I'm out of my depth here.

2) I have been able to add weight to my deadlift and squat almost every workout, but this isn't the case with my bench, press, and row. After the first couple of weeks, it has been taking me 3 workouts to go from 5/5/5 with one weight to 5/5/5 with 5 lbs more. For example, the first time I try a new weight, I might get 3/3/3, then 4/4/4, then finally 5/5/5. I don't think my progress should be this slow since I'm not lifting very much.
    I don't think there are any issues with diet or sleep, but I was dealing with a nerve problem in my arms before I started this program.
    My first question is how high you started on your bench, press, and row. Those movements are fairly familiar and so most guys tend to start a little bit too heavy for their own good. If you can tell me what you started lifting and what you're lifting now I might be able to offer some better information.

Originally Posted by ak90 View Post
    Hello,

I have been on Rippetoe's program for a little over a month and a have a couple of questions.

Any suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    I had a similar problem with my shoulder. In fact, I still get it, and it comes and goes. SOmetimes when I go under the bar, it's there. Sometimes, it's not. I'm baffled. But I do have some shoulder problems though.

As for your bench, press, and row, what are your lifts like? I have the same problem with my press. The last time i was doing this program I managed to get up to 85lb. After a 4 month break, I came back to the gym and started with 65lb, added 5lb each exercise, and i got stuck at 80lb and in fact pulled a muscle. But I blame that on my shoulder injury.

TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Mark Rippetoe on barbell rows

Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe
    My opinion about barbell rows is as follows: **** barbell rows. Really. **** them. Stop wasting time worrying about barbell rows and get your deadlift up to 500. By then you'll have your own opinion and you won't have to worry about mine.

http://strengthmill.net/forum/showth...9678#post19678
    "A word to the wise isn't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice." --Bill Cosby

vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Can I do these instead of power cleans?
    The guys who claim "I did GOMAD and got fat" are just stupid. - Dave76

TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50) TDWagner will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by vicjg View Post
    Lol, didn't you read the quote?!? It's obvious Rip says your deadlift will go up to 500 if you do!
    "A word to the wise isn't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice." --Bill Cosby

booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Anyone did a hypertrophy program after 6 weeks of Rippetoe?

I am thinking about doing this prog right after Rippetoe
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=219479

Then cut for 2 weeks. Rest for one week and repeat.

Btw I am totally new.

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've got a question

is it ok to do:

Mon - Bench
    Weds- Press
    Fri-Bench
    Mon-Bench
    Weds-Press
    Friday-Bench

Or do I have to alternate each time/over the weekend as well?
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    Or do I have to alternate each time/over the weekend as well?
    Alternate every time you workout for even shoulder development

Mon - Bench
    Wed - OH Press
    Fri - Bench

Mon - OH Press
    Wed - Bench
    Fri - OH Press

Originally Posted by vicjg View Post
    Such a long question, yet such a short answer. Haha, poor kid.

ak90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    I don't know of any obvious solution. The two things that I've seen said over and over again are that flexibility develops with time, though it seems you would have gotten there already. The other is that you might have some pre-existing issue with your shoulder and you might benefit from a serious massage. Hopefully someone else will field this question because I'm out of my depth here.

My first question is how high you started on your bench, press, and row. Those movements are fairly familiar and so most guys tend to start a little bit too heavy for their own good. If you can tell me what you started lifting and what you're lifting now I might be able to offer some better information.
    Originally Posted by sepandee View Post
    I had a similar problem with my shoulder. In fact, I still get it, and it comes and goes. SOmetimes when I go under the bar, it's there. Sometimes, it's not. I'm baffled. But I do have some shoulder problems though.

As for your bench, press, and row, what are your lifts like? I have the same problem with my press. The last time i was doing this program I managed to get up to 85lb. After a 4 month break, I came back to the gym and started with 65lb, added 5lb each exercise, and i got stuck at 80lb and in fact pulled a muscle. But I blame that on my shoulder injury.
    The issue with squats may be due to a pre-existing issue, but there is definitely no anatomical problem with my shoulders (I have seen a doctor, etc). So, should I continue squatting heavy since obviously that is a major part of the workout? Could there possibly be an issue with bar placement?

I started my bench from 75 (now 100), press from 55 (now 65), and row from 65 (now 80).

Thanks

Questions:

1) Today during the press I tried to pause at the top (instead of at the bottom) and it kinda made things easier. But I'm not sure about how to count my reps: do I cant the half that I take to put the bar up, then 4 descents and ascents, and then another half down (total of 5 reps, 0.5 + 4 + 0.5), or do I just bring the bar up, do 5 reps, and then bring the bar down and therefore ignore the first and last movements when i get the bar in place?

2) Somewhere in the book Ripp briefly compares the grip width of the exercises (e.g. Press < deadlift < squat < power clean ). Can someone tell me the order please?

3) I'm 100% sure everyone includes the weight of the bar in their #s, but today I talked to 2 people and they said they're going to lift X and Y lbs, and when I looked at them while they were lifting, X and Y = weight of plates without the bar. Got me a bit confused and want to be 101% sure I'm right.

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sepandee View Post
    Questions:

1) Today during the press I tried to pause at the top (instead of at the bottom) and it kinda made things easier. But I'm not sure about how to count my reps: do I cant the half that I take to put the bar up, then 4 descents and ascents, and then another half down (total of 5 reps, 0.5 + 4 + 0.5), or do I just bring the bar up, do 5 reps, and then bring the bar down and therefore ignore the first and last movements when i get the bar in place?
    5 concentric movements (ascents). The barbell kisses the sky 5x (and will naturally come back down 5x as well, unless you throw it through the ceiling on that last rep stud).

2) Somewhere in the book Ripp briefly compares the grip width of the exercises (e.g. Press < deadlift < squat < power clean ). Can someone tell me the order please?
    The part where I recall something like that is where he's talking about relative strength. My press grip is the narrowest, my powerclean and deadlift grip are both about the same and marginally wider than my press grip. Squat grip for me is a little wider. Bench press is the widest.

3) I'm 100% sure everyone includes the weight of the bar in their #s, but today I talked to 2 people and they said they're going to lift X and Y lbs, and when I looked at them while they were lifting, X and Y = weight of plates without the bar. Got me a bit confused and want to be 101% sure I'm right.
    When you state how many pounds you're lifting, you state how many pounds you're lifting. This includes the plates, the bar, and any whorish gnomes hanging from either.
    Last edited by bango skank; 11-11-2008 at 05:31 AM.
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166936131

Is it necesary to do the 4 sets of warmups b4 the main weight?
    like 40% , 60% and 80%. For me i notice i can't perform well if i do a weight close to my main exercise or even too many warmups b4 my main. Is this just a case of rest time?

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is it necesary to do the 4 sets of warmups b4 the main weight?
    like 40% , 60% and 80%. For me i notice i can't perform well if i do a weight close to my main exercise or even too many warmups b4 my main. Is this just a case of rest time?
    IT's necessary you warmup properly or you risk injuring yourself .. the amount of warmup varies from person to person..
    personally I prefer longer sets of 10-15 reps and as I get closer to my working weight I reduce the reps to 5-3-1.. but it's all relative sometimes I feel I can do more some times I do less
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I read the dealift section on Mark Rippetoe's starting strength V1. However, I can't seem to find where he talks about how to lay down the weight.

Like which part of the body am I suppose to use. Is it like squat? that you use your hip first then knee?
    Did I just missed it or what?

67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 67629 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by booyaolian View Post
    I read the dealift section on Mark Rippetoe's starting strength V1. However, I can't seem to find where he talks about how to lay down the weight.

Like which part of the body am I suppose to use. Is it like squat? that you use your hip first then knee?
    Did I just missed it or what?
    You set it down by doing the movement backwards. In other words, primarily use your hips to lower the bar to the knees, then primarily use your knees to get it to the floor. That's overly simplified, but you'll know when you're trying to drop several hundred pounds in a controlled manner incorrectly. Lastly, remember to maintain the arch in your back.
    5x5 Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113343951
    ---
    Starting Strength Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111238821

Canefan17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Canefan17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Canefan17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Canefan17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Canefan17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Canefan17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Canefan17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Canefan17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Canefan17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Canefan17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Canefan17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is it good to do a week or two of higher reps (muscle endurance training) before starting SS?

Or just dive right in at low weight?

vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Canefan17 View Post
    Is it good to do a week or two of higher reps (muscle endurance training) before starting SS?

Or just dive right in at low weight?
    Didn't you do SS already?
    The guys who claim "I did GOMAD and got fat" are just stupid. - Dave76

Blah3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blah3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blah3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blah3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blah3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blah3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blah3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blah3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blah3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blah3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blah3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Does anyone have the Basic barbell training second edition?

NuclearWaste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not too sure on diet

I wasnt too sure if this was right when i was reading the FAQ for Rippetoes.

So im trying to figure out if this is right, (185(my weight) X im going to guess 14 being as im pretty chubby.)

185 X 14 = 2590 which i will need for maintenance. And i am going to try to add another 500 cal per day to gain an extra lb over a week, and mabey change it after i experiment.

Im doing a 50-25-25

50% Pro = .50 X 3090 = 1545 cal / 4 cal/gram = 386.25 grams/day
    25% Car = .25 X 3090 = 772.5 cal / 4cal/gram = 193.125 grams/day
    25% Fat = .25 X 3090 = 772.5 cal / 9cal/gram = 85.83 grams/day

Does that mean in a 5 meal per day diet, i need to consume 77.25 grams of protein, 38.825 grams of carbs, and 17.156 grams of fat per meal?

Im not expecting you to do the math, but does that look right?
    Last edited by NuclearWaste; 11-11-2008 at 06:09 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 162 of 265 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 262 ... LastLast