Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just Scrap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arms go numb while squatting

I'm talking about a regular squat with the bar on my back.

Again, my shoulders are very inflexibile, I'm working on this with shoulder dislocates.

My arms go numb after a while.

Is this normal or if not, what can I do to fix this? Does it have to do with flexibility?

cappy54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

yo

if ur arms are going numb i would assume it is because when you are squatting and bending down, you could be compressing your spinal cord very slightly putting some abnormnal pressure on a specific nerve root. This would cause a brief loss of sensation in the area of the body the nerve is traveling too.
    GO PATS

pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000) pyrolee is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by Just Scrap View Post

Again, my shoulders are very inflexibile, I'm working on this with shoulder dislocates.

Is this normal or if not, what can I do to fix this? Does it have to do with flexibility?
    pretty sure this has to do with shoulder flexibility and chest tightness...loosen those areas up

also when you hold the bar, don't grip it, but rather put your thumbs on the outside (with your fingers)...i read this somewhere a long time ago and it did indeed make my shoulders feel more comfortable

LoveThePain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoveThePain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoveThePain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoveThePain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoveThePain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoveThePain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do you meen go numb like you cant feel anything at all or go numb like pins and needles? cos that would meen blood isnt flowing to your arms and possibly brain which could be dangerous. you dont want to pass out with all that weight on your back

LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LayItDown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

this happens to me when i do lunges or high rep step ups. i really dont think much of it...if it doesnt hurt then just adjust grip or somethign

ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Either:
    a) traction brachial plexopathy (stretching the nerves in your arm)
    b) scalene compressive brachial plexopathy (you're holding your neck muscles too tight, which are squeezing the nerves going to your arm)
    c) cervical rib (compressing brachial plexus and/or subclavian artery)

First thing to try would be relaxing your neck to check for 'b' (most likely reason).
    To solve 'a' you would try to not have your arm pulled so far back (? have the bar higher on your traps).
    You can't solve 'c' without surgery but can try doing the solving for 'a' and 'b' to reduce the effects of 'c'.

Also, wrong forum. You would get more (or better) replies in the injury section.
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7069091

Mind over Muscle Leyton Stone_old's Avatar
    Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leyton Stone_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

The barbell might be pressing on a nerve. Put the bar lower down. Hold the bar with a wider grip.
    "I not only don't use gloves, I file the skin off my palms before each workout. I also wrap double sided tape about the bar, sprinkle broken glass on it, dip it in acid, then wrap it in razor wire. I also plug the bar into an outlet, and stand in a bucket of water." - Defiant1

tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Squat with your legs, not your arms.
    ;o)

cappy54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if your shoulder and chest are that tight you could have thoracic outlet syndrome. basically in a nut shell it would compress your nerves coming out of your shoulder toward your arm.
    GO PATS